CW schedule...Smallville stays at 8 on thurs

Michael Corleone

Don Corleone
Reaction score
Yeah I know this isnt big news but I thought some of you might want to know.
USA today broke the news.

Monday
8:00 7th Heaven
9:00 Runaway
Tuesday
8:00 Gilmore Girls
9:00 Veronica Mars
Wednesday
8:00 America's Next Top Model
9:00 One Tree Hill
Thursday
8:00 Smallville
9:00Supernatural
Friday
8:00 WWE Friday Night Smackdown
Sunday
7:00 Everybody Hates Chris
7:30 All of Us
8:00 Girlfriends
8:30 The Game
9:00 repeats

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-05-17-cw-schedule_x.htm

Yes!!! Supernatural & Smallville back. Runaway sounds VERY interesting.

New series are Runaway, a drama produced by Darren Star (Sex and the City) about a family on the lam after dad (Donnie Wahlberg) is wrongly convicted of murder, as they try to prove his innocence.

I liked Invasion, but that was a no-brainer. Two different networks.

Michael Corleone said:
Yeah I know this isnt big news but I thought some of you might want to know.
USA today broke the news.

Monday
8:00 7th Heaven
9:00 Runaway
Tuesday
8:00 Gilmore Girls
9:00 Veronica Mars
Wednesday
8:00 America's Next Top Model
9:00 One Tree Hill
Thursday
8:00 Smallville
9:00Supernatural

Friday
8:00 WWE Friday Night Smackdown
Sunday
7:00 Everybody Hates Chris
7:30 All of Us
8:00 Girlfriends
8:30 The Game
9:00 repeats

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-05-17-cw-schedule_x.htm

:up: :up:

Excerpt of the latest press release from CW, as announced today at the Upfronts in NY:

Thursday night turns on the testosterone with the pairing of two action-packed dramas, SMALLVILLE, starring Tom Welling as the young Clark Kent, and SUPERNATURAL, starring Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. Both series showed extreme compatibility after being paired together the second half of last season, with SUPERNATURAL retaining more than 90% of the SMALLVILLE lead-in in key demographics.

And here's the new synop for SV. Pretty similar to the old one, though with a few updates. LOL

8:00-9:00 P.M. SMALLVILLE

Returning for its sixth season, this new interpretation of the enduring Superman mythology and its classic characters blends realism and adventure into an exciting action series. Fourteen years ago, a meteor shower burst from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, Kansas. From the ashes of tragedy, emerged Clark Kent. Struggling to come to grips with his emerging superpowers, while battling the strange events that have plagued this idyllic Midwest hamlet since the meteor shower, Clark slowly learns to embrace his destiny. SMALLVILLE chronicles Clarks journey toward becoming the Man of Steel and his relationships with girl-next-door Lana Lang, future love Lois Lane and soon-to-be arch-nemesis Lex Luthor. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang, Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan, John Glover as Lionel Luther, and Annette OToole as Martha Kent. Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Spiderman 2), based on the DC Comics characters. Gough and Millar serve as executive producers, along with Greg Beeman, Ken Horton, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060518cw02

The Trailer for Aquaman actually looks pretty damn good. To bad they cancelled. I can definitely see this Show cost alot of Money. That probably was the Main Problem. They definitely picked a better Actor then what Smallville got & this Character seems a hell of alot better then the way they did it on Smallville & looks like a good Cast with a few Big Named Actors. I saved the Trailer for anyone that wants it.

Strgts said:
The Trailer for Aquaman actually looks pretty damn good. To bad they cancelled. I can definitely see this Show cost alot of Money. That probably was the Main Problem. They definitely picked a better Actor then what Smallville got & this Character seems a hell of alot better then the way they did it on Smallville & looks like a good Cast with a few Big Named Actors. I saved the Trailer for anyone that wants it.
I'll take you up on your offer.

7th Heaven was dropped because of ratings?

PLEASE SAY that that was the case. Because, then Aquaman could be a mid-season run!! Yes! That would be awesome. Because dropping it that easily and then showing the trailer? There's not much logic, unless it still has a chance. It wasn't on the fall line up- doesn't mean it was neccesarily cancelled.

Triligors said:

PLEASE SAY that that was the case. Because, then Aquaman could be a mid-season run!! Yes! That would be awesome. Because dropping it that easily and then showing the trailer? There's not much logic, unless it still has a chance. It wasn't on the fall line up- doesn't mean it was neccesarily cancelled.

Wait... CW was going to air re-runs of 7th Heaven? :confused:

boyscouT said:
Wait... CW was going to air re-runs of 7th Heaven? :confused:

Nope they are going to make new ones from what I've read. . . .

Triligors said:

I'm pretty sure it is the WB's number one show...

7th Heaven was dropped originally because of cost.

The cast is large and the longer a show is on with a large cast the more expensive it gets because of built in salary increases year to year in the star's contracts.

The show has consistantly performed well ratings wise.

do they have a list out of what Networks are going to become CW's in each area yet? Like whether it's gonna be your old WB or old UPN station....

Yeah, Hulk... just click on the link and there's a navigation bar at the top.

Click on Stations and you'll get to a map of the country...

http://cwtv.com/cw-affiliates.html

I clicked on PA, it says that you'll be getting the CW content on channel 57 - WPSG.

:up:

It looks like for me the WB will just simply become the CW lol & not change Stations :up:

triplet said:
Yeah, Hulk... just click on the link and there's a navigation bar at the top.

Click on Stations and you'll get to a map of the country...

http://cwtv.com/cw-affiliates.html

I clicked on PA, it says that you'll be getting the CW content on channel 57 - WPSG.

:up:

cool thanks :up: It is my old UPN then. damn, looks like I'll have to get some new contacts as I had some "buddies" at the local WB affiliate

o_O Isn't 7th Heaven supposed to be cancelled?

Lt. Figgnuts said:
o_O Isn't 7th Heaven supposed to be cancelled?

It was.

Then it wasn't....

They renegotiated the cast's contracts to get it to work financially, maybe that was their plan all along.

Wait, I could have sworn tat they made a REAL big deal on WB about the last SEASON of 7th Heaven. CW is making new ones? That's odd.

Plus, Everwood got the shaft? That was a really good show...I wonder if anyone will pick it up. Or Mercy Reef for that matter (great trailer).

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"