Dakota 'Rape' Film hits Sundance

Will only do well by the hype its getting imo

i agree..if this was a nobody..and not dakota..it wouldn't be getting the same attention.

I think this is controversial because its Dakota Fanning. Is she actually 12 or is she like 8 years old or something?! Cause when I was 12 years I remember girls my age already had **** and s--t. Maybe they should have cast someone more, um, developed. :huh: :o

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
actually dude i beg to differ..

Mysterious skin showed the effect of child abuse on its to main charactors..where as one charactor embraced and enjoyed what happend to him..another repressed his experiance..thinking he was abducted by aliens...

the movie is about how the abuse effected them..where as i guess hound dog will probably do the same..

there's no evidence in the film to back that up, the 'abuse' is never treated as such, it's taken from a loving approach in the case of neil, whilst one could say Brian was 'abused' neil most certainly wasn't. One person's pleasure is another's pain, it's not how people are abused, if anything, it's neil who abuses brian, as he 'ensnared' him, of his own free will. It's about choices etc.

But back on topic, hound dog will recieve a lot of attention purely for the rape, it seems more like a marketing ploy to be fair.

vibeke_T said:
probably not going to watch it...big hoopla about a white girl
uhh,seem a little racist there are'nt ya bud..To the cat that posted 'I love a good rape scene',needs to be banned. Not a topic to be taken jokingly at all. If it was a childish attempt to be cool it failed.
Even though the scene wont be shown,it will still have that impression on ppl's mind. Especially if the whole story lets you get involved with the girl,and feel for her.
Movies like this are two fold.IF they do well,then its hailed as a great tool of info. If it does bad,will be labeld as a sick attempt to just get money and fame. I do think because its Dakota its a little more hyped,but I hope her parents knew what they were getting into in this. I believe they had final say on this as shes a minor,and all that legal crap..

nocomics said:
uhh,seem a little racist there are'nt ya bud..To the cat that posted 'I love a good rape scene',needs to be banned. Not a topic to be taken jokingly at all. If it was a childish attempt to be cool it failed.
Even though the scene wont be shown,it will still have that impression on ppl's mind. Especially if the whole story lets you get involved with the girl,and feel for her.
Movies like this are two fold.IF they do well,then its hailed as a great tool of info. If it does bad,will be labeld as a sick attempt to just get money and fame. I do think because its Dakota its a little more hyped,but I hope her parents knew what they were getting into in this. I believe they had final say on this as shes a minor,and all that legal crap..
\

Its true though! White people get far more attention...I'm just keeping it real.

vibeke_T said:
\

Its true though! White people get far more attention...I'm just keeping it real.

I actually kinda have to agree with you there. If she were anything else but white nobody would give a damn. If it wasnt Dakota Fanning nobody would give a damn then either.

they would care if it was raven symone (when she was younger) or someone else famous.

I should rephrase what I said... they would care just probably not as much. Its not a light-hearted subject so of course there are going to be some angry people...but the fact that its Dakota Fanning people are making it more serious than it is.

Yeah, I agree.

If it was an unknown actress......MOST people would probably not even know about the scene and by not knowing of it's existence.....wouldn't care, b/c they wouldn't know.

I dunno know though.....I mean, yeah...I'm sicken by this. But, at who? The director? No. Daktoa? No. I guess the whole subject of child abuse is just sickening.....but, I don't think I'll be stormin the studio claiming they've crossed some sort of line.

I only think its a big deal cause its Dakota... any other girl wouldn't make a difference

I could understand it being a huge deal if the director had actually filmed this really graphic scene thet depicted every single minute of the rape,but in this case it seems that the director is going to let our imaginations do the work.

Cyrusbales said:
Is it not better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all? Considering the film thinks outside the box, the audience should do to. If he feels he was loved, isn't that what matters? Reality is what we make it. It's quite a common point in post-modernist filmmaking, and George Araki is a huge advocate of this in interveiws etc.

You're really frigging off on this one dude. And it's GREGG Araki.

I really hope you aren't trying to conflate child molestation with "love".

Mysterious skin is about 2 abuse survivors and the huge manifestations in has on its victims.

Dakota scares the hell out of me, she's probably the one doing the rapping.

No one will judge until the movie comes out so stop talking and speculating. Its not hard, just wait until you see it then judge. Everyone. There. Final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"