Damnation

TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
Searched for a thread on this but didn't find any, which surprises me. This game looks pretty awesome. I only heard about it because I saw it go up for pre-order on Steam (but it's also coming out on the 360 and PS3). It's got a few trailers that make it look awesome on its website: http://www.codemasters.com/games/index.php?gameid=2654

I especially like the emphasis on verticality. Reminds me of Prince of Persia and other good action/adventure games. Anyone else excited for this?

When he game was announced last E3, going to be released last year, the game didn´t caught my eyes.
It looked way generic.
Now, it looks like it can be a good game, but i´ll still wait to see before casting my verdict.

I like the steampunk/western look of it, and the action looks like a fun cross between shooters and parkour-inspired platforming like in Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, and Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, the steampunk/western look is great and it gives it a distinct look.
And i like Codemasters (one of those companies i can´t really say why i like them, just like THQ), so, i hope it´s great and does well.

It just surprised me that it's gotten virtually no attention, even though it's coming out at the end of this month. I haven't seen anything on X-Play or game websites (although I admittedly don't visit too many of those).

X-Play actually had a preview of it on one episode a few months ago, but it was like most of their reviews and previews nowadays, missed in the blink of an eye. One of the free episodes of PSN's Qore also had a piece of the game, as well as the whole steampunk subgenre.

I've got my eye on the game, mostly because I'm kind of interested in steampunk. I remember this being announced awhile ago and then just kind of dropped off the face of the planet, and then kind of resurfaced. I'm definitely interested in it

I've got it on my Gamefly queue near the top. I'll probably try to return whatever game I have the day before so that I can potentially get it right when it releases.

It'll probably be a rent for me as well. It does look good, but I'm not sure if it'll really be good enough to go out and buy

Oh, I just don't buy games anymore. Unless they're PC-only or I really, really, really, really, really, really, really like them.

Bought the same, minus the PC thing. It takes a lot of interest in a game to elevate it above a rental to me nowadays.

Renting's so much more cost-effective now that games are $60 a pop, especially since I'm more of a single-player fan, meaning I rarely ever spend more than a week or two on any one game, tops.

If you pre-order Damnation through Steam you get the game for $39.99, and you get a free copy of Second Sight. Throwing that out for those who may have interest

Oh yeah, that's the deal I first learned about Damnation from. But I don't really want Second Sight and I can just rent Damnation.

I might think about it, but I doubt my computer could run Damnation sufficiently, and I remember playing Second Sight on the PS2 awhile back. I don't remember being overly impressed by it or anything back then.

What's "sufficiently"? Max settings? 'Cause most PC games are insanely scalable. Most of them can even go below the minimum recommended settings on everything except the RAM and HDD, so long as you don't mind FPS hits now and then and long loading times.

Well, I downloaded a demo of the The Last Remanent, and it wasn't able to produce any sound and was really choppy on minimum settings, it was playable, but not very enjoyable. I'm not sure if Damnation is quite that high in setting, but it's probably not too far behind. I think it's running on the Unreal 3 engine, too

Hmm. 360's probably a better bet, assuming your PC's problems with The Last Remnant weren't some kind of compatibility issue.

My specs are something like this:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
2.0 GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 (GeForce Go 6800)
Realtek HD Audio rear output

I got these from scanning my computer with this Can You RUN it? website. I'm not sure how to check it all by myself

I don't know what that means honestly, but I knew there was a problem. I'll have to keep to console gaming until I get a better PC

Your graphics card is old. Your processor and RAM are fine, but since the graphics card tends to do the most for games, it matters the most. Upgrade that and you should be able to play most modern games on medium settings. Maybe even high if you get a top-of-the-line card.

I don't know much about all that stuff. This is actually a laptop, aren't they like really hard to upgrade?

Yeah, I think they are harder to upgrade. I've never upgraded one myself, though, so I don't know.

I don't know what that means honestly, but I knew there was a problem. I'll have to keep to console gaming until I get a better PC

Laptops and alot of cheaper pre-built pc's come with integrated graphics like a little chip http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit , it allows you to do windows stuff but when it comes to games they are useless. If you aren't on a laptop, all you would really need is a proper graphics card http://rgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/elitegroup-n9800gx2-graphics-card2.jpg , a cheap mid range one or something and you would be playing Call of Duty 4 and other games without too much bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"