Comics Damnit, I caved.

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Okay so I haven't been round these parts in a while, mostly cause I'd stopped buying comics. There was no reason to keep buying, just reading stories I didn't enjoy, then waiting for more stories I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

Last night though, I bought and watched Spider-man 3 on Blu-ray. Gah, straight after watching it I just felt the sudden urge to buy comics again. i tried to convince myself I didn't need to, but this morning I made a big ol' order on the internet to catch up.

I'm weak :(

(Is FNSM the latest part of One More Day?)

Okay so I haven't been round these parts in a while, mostly cause I'd stopped buying comics. There was no reason to keep buying, just reading stories I didn't enjoy, then waiting for more stories I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

Last night though, I bought and watched Spider-man 3 on Blu-ray. Gah, straight after watching it I just felt the sudden urge to buy comics again. i tried to convince myself I didn't need to, but this morning I made a big ol' order on the internet to catch up.

Well, to be honest there's loads of cool stuff to buy now.

ailing that, there's tons of cool back issues too :up:

yeah, the last FNSM (final issue) is the latest issue of OMD.
Until this week.

Yes, but part 3 (the final issue of Sensational) comes out this Wednesday.

Guh, had to make an order before then didn't I? Typical.

So does Brand New Day start next month? Or is there another part of One More Day still to go?

Guh, had to make an order before then didn't I? Typical.

So does Brand New Day start next month? Or is there another part of One More Day still to go?

Final part of OMD comes out in one month...hopefully. Brand New Day starts in January.

So what did you order? I'll tell you; if you're one of the fans mad at the the Spidey books, you might try some Batman. Wrong forum, i know, but last week i picked up Batman and The Outsiders #1, and Batman: Underground #1 and really enjoyed them both. Just simple "good guy vs bad guy" stuff, but with excellent pacing and dialogue.

Definitely worth a look. :batty: :up:

So what did you order? I'll tell you; if you're one of the fans mad at the the Spidey books, you might try some Batman. Wrong forum, i know, but last week i picked up Batman and The Outsiders #1, and Batman: Underground #1 and really enjoyed them both. Just simple "good guy vs bad guy" stuff, but with excellent pacing and dialogue.

Definitely worth a look. :batty: :up:

I ordered all of the ASM's I'd missed, and a few bits and pieces of FNSM and SSM.

I might get back into Batman though, I've always found my limited knowledge of DC to hold back how much I enjoyed it though.

Don't give any money to that bastard named Quesada in 2008. Let Brand New Day sales and beyond plummet, it is the only way he'll understand, his ideas and quick buck gimmeck schemes suck.

If we keep buying, he'll keep shoveling this **** down our throats. It must be stopped.

Don't give any money to that bastard named Quesada in 2008. Let Brand New Day sales and beyond plummet, it is the only way he'll understand, his ideas and quick buck gimmeck schemes suck.

If we keep buying, he'll keep shoveling this **** down our throats. It must be stopped.

So let me get this straight...in order to stick it to Quesada, you're going to boycott the good Spidey stories but support issues like OMD?

:whatever:

I believe the fourth part of OMD comes out Dec. 26th, and then the first part of BND with Dan Slott and Steve Mcniven will come out on the first wednesday of January probably.

Man, I thought despite the delays, BND was going to start next month.

Oh well, the one good thing about these delays is it gives me time to finish rebagging/organising my comics without having to worry about picking up new books.

Having said that I need to pick up the last issue of Pun MAX asap.

Eelctro UK, it's good to know your getting back into the Spidey comic's. Though, OMD probably will not turn out well, Dan Slott will be on ASM in January on BND and Dan Slott will be working with John Romita Jr. (thank you god!) on ASM in 2008! :up:

So let me get this straight...in order to stick it to Quesada, you're going to boycott the good Spidey stories but support issues like OMD?

:whatever:

It's less of a boycott and more of not buying a mediocre product. The continuity OMD is creating...sucks. It is inferior, it is cheap, lazy writing and just a poorly conceived idea. It's offspring is BND and the continuity that Quesada is creating that discredits 20 years of stories, character development and the basic depth and personality of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson-Parker.

I simply do not want to read where the stories are going. It is bad writing that is being sold to fans with new hot list creative teams. But it's like promising POTC3 will be better when it is the same ****, but hey Geoffrey Rush is back and it is a new movie that has a cool trailer...it still was lousy.

So why by a product I will not like? Instead don't give Marvel money and if more people who agree do the same, it will hurt their business enough that the heads of Marvel will turn and a positive change in direction will be made.

I simply made that previous post because I know there are man yfans (most who frequent these boards) who are unsatisfied with the Spidey books and have been for years and agree that what OMD is doing is the lowest of the low. Yet, there is some type of fan mentality that you have to keep buying the book to be a real fan and keep your interest entrenched to it, inspite of terrible writing and stories. So they let themselves be fooled by the pretty colors and hope for the best and write angry messages (not unlike this one) online. But the only way Marvel will ever give a damn is if it hurts their wallet.

So, if you disagree with me, go about your merry way. But I know many do not disagree with me. So I say why buy the book, if you hate it? If we simply don't buy Marvel will notice.

It's less of a boycott and more of not buying a mediocre product. The continuity OMD is creating...sucks. It is inferior, it is cheap, lazy writing and just a poorly conceived idea. It's offspring is BND and the continuity that Quesada is creating that discredits 20 years of stories, character development and the basic depth and personality of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson-Parker.

I simply do not want to read where the stories are going. It is bad writing that is being sold to fans with new hot list creative teams. But it's like promising POTC3 will be better when it is the same ****, but hey Geoffrey Rush is back and it is a new movie that has a cool trailer...it still was lousy.

So why by a product I will not like? Instead don't give Marvel money and if more people who agree do the same, it will hurt their business enough that the heads of Marvel will turn and a positive change in direction will be made.

I simply made that previous post because I know there are man yfans (most who frequent these boards) who are unsatisfied with the Spidey books and have been for years and agree that what OMD is doing is the lowest of the low. Yet, there is some type of fan mentality that you have to keep buying the book to be a real fan and keep your interest entrenched to it, inspite of terrible writing and stories. So they let themselves be fooled by the pretty colors and hope for the best and write angry messages (not unlike this one) online. But the only way Marvel will ever give a damn is if it hurts their wallet.

So, if you disagree with me, go about your merry way. But I know many do not disagree with me. So I say why buy the book, if you hate it? If we simply don't buy Marvel will notice.

You're missing my point. Why would you willingly buy One More Day, knowing the direction it's going in, but then refuse to buy Brand New Day (i.e. the first good Spidey stories in years)? If you want to show Quesada your lack of enthusiasm, then you dump his and JMS' issues, not Dan Slott's.

If Spider-Man was the reason you stopped buying comics in the 1st place, you still should've given other titles a try. Teen Titans is amazing right now (good stories with a blend of tried-&-true comic action), the Ultimate universe, the excessive X-titles, JLA, JSA, not just Spider-Man. Even 'underground' titles like Fables. Now that you're back in, read those for a bit and see if you like them.

You're missing my point. Why would you willingly buy One More Day, knowing the direction it's going in, but then refuse to buy Brand New Day (i.e. the first good Spidey stories in years)? If you want to show Quesada your lack of enthusiasm, then you dump his and JMS' issues, not Dan Slott's.

BND isn't out yet... so we don't know it's good. Dan Slott might be good but the material he has to work with is something even lower than feces... (At least I've stopped buying comics since Sins Past... so no fecal matter on my closet.) No matter how good a story by Mr. Slott is; it'll be smeared by the "Brilliant solution" to the "crisis" that has "plagued" spidey for the last 20+ years. Unless he pulls off a Dallas and retcons the "cure" to the "crisis" his stories will reek of the "fixed Spidey continuity"

I wanna believe, I wanna go back to give Marvel Comics my cash for great stories... Everytime they seem to get me hooked, Joe Q opens up his mouth he makes me spend my money on Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, mangas, books, even those yellow newspapers... Gotta love those crazy alien stories, The president meeting with Satan, and those Woman give birth to Octopus kind of news...

I grew up reading Spidey comics, Before I could read, my dad used to read Spidey comics to me instead of your average bedtime story... who needs Hansel and Gretel when you had Spidey clinging to his life trying to lift off the Debris from Master Planner's lair?
Why is Joe Quesada destroying a pop culture Icon? He should be a protector of said Icon... Afterall he is the Editor in chief of Marvel Comics and Spidey IS Marvel's Flagship character... Sometimes I'd swear that Joe Q actually works for DC (or Norman Osborn)...

I did quit buying new Spidey comics if you noticed my first ever avy. ;)

I simply will not pick up again because OMD is killing the character and will continue to do so with the story in its wake and just because I like the new talent on the series, when the material they are given is crap...the outocme at best will be "suprrisingly good for crap--mediocre!"

No thanks.

Don't be silly. If you don't want to read OMD but still want to read new Spidey comics then just pick up the Ultimate or Marvel adventures books. Also don't forget about Spider-Girl and Spider-Man family.:heart:

Marvel has provided lots of Spidey goodness for those who don't like OMD.

Who said company? 616 Spidey is going down the ****ter is all, so why buy titles of something in the toilet? You do not.

Right now I am reading the OMD issues.
Pending the outcome, which is pretty much forgone, I will either drop 616 Spidey or not.

Don't be silly. If you don't want to read OMD but still want to read new Spidey comics then just pick up the Ultimate or Marvel adventures books. Also don't forget about Spider-Girl and Spider-Man family.:heart:

Marvel has provided lots of Spidey goodness for those who don't like OMD.
Picking Ultimate, or spider-man family won't fix things... (Spider-girl has always been good... but that's another case.)

I know, I don't understand how people can boycott the whole company bc of one character:huh:

I dunno either, but I stopped buying Marvel for two reasons:
-616 spidey is down the drain...
-The comic book shop that I used to visit stopped bringing Spider-girl...

So I'm not going to buy Spider-man, or any other 616 title until Spidey is back being Spider-man... not Magical Spider Warrior: Peter Parker... I stuck through the whole clone saga, the reboot, but the Spidey that I knew is no more... thus there is no need in me buying his books...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"