Damnmother!........

Splinter Cell 2006: Updated with a new wall jumping move you'll never use!

Raymond 2006: New outfit making Raymond shoot out magic rings!

I cant wait!

I swear if they do anything to the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia franchises, I'm gonna have EA's head...:mad:

why does ea suck so much?

i wanna buy some shares of their stock. :up:

Not if you saw this years E3. The suckage level from EA has dropped quite a bit.

They still suck but is slightly less than they did before.

THWIP* said:
YOU CAN'T REALLY BE THAT IGNORANT, CAN YOU? (THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION)
LOOK AT WHAT 'MASTER CHIEF' POSTED; THAT'S THE "BIG DEAL". IF THIS TREND CONTINUES....AS IT LIKELY WILL.....'EA' WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE A CONTROLLING INTEREST IN ABOUT 90% OF THE GAMES PRODUCED IN THE FUTURE........WHICH SPELLS D...O...O...M, FOR GAMING AND GAMERS.
YOU REALLY NEED TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR LITTLE 'MGS3' SOLITARY CELL THERE, AND STEP INTO THE DAYLIGHT; A WHOLE WORLD AWAITS YOU. :rolleyes:

The whole world didn't want him.

Seriously, Ubisoft aren't that great? The guy needs to get real.

Splinter Cell series (including the sublime looking Double Agent, not to mention SC PWNS MGS), King Kong was a fantastic movie tie in game, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was brilliant. Rainbow Six Vegas looks absoloutly amazing.

Now I have no hate towards EA, they have produced a lot of games that I love (Damn it, I enjoyed Batman Begins, I LOVED Battlefield, they published the first, excellent Buffy game and Oddworld Stranger's Wrath)....and to be fair, if Ubisoft have been having financial problems, this might help keep them afloat....but this news does suck. A monopoly on any media is NOT good, at all.

THWIP* said:
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT; AT LEAST MS CARES ABOUT MAKING QUALITY GAMES. :o

I'm not even a MS fan all that much, and I know that they work pretty hard over there to make quality product. EA doesn't give a flying rat's booty what the gaming community wants. To make up for inferior products, they make sure the cometition is gone.

Look at the football franchises. There were some companies coming up with football games that were better than the "Madden" franchise, so what did EA do...not up the quality of the "Madden" games...they bought the rights to the NFL. That just seems to be what they do.

Imagine what Halo would have been like with EA at the helm.:eek: :(

Does no one listen or comprehend well?

EA has done some damn good stuff. Battlefield 2 was awesome. What about the Burnouts? Published some damn fine titles too, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith, and Timesplitters Future Perfect, arguably the best of the Time Splitters trilogy, and the MAJORLY underrated Freedom Fighters.

Let's face it, I'm not doubting this is bad for gaming and all, but to pretend like EA has done nothing worthwhile is to delude yourself out of hatred for their buisness tactics.

Speaking of american football, help a english guy out...I'm playing a demo for madden 06, and no matter how many times I tackle the opposing team, it seems like they are on offense forever, whereas I get like one or two offenses for much less time than they do...what's up with that?

Horrorfan said:
Does no one listen or comprehend well?

EA has done some damn good stuff. Battlefield 2 was awesome. What about the Burnouts? Published some damn fine titles too, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith, and Timesplitters Future Perfect, arguably the best of the Time Splitters trilogy, and the MAJORLY underrated Freedom Fighters.

Let's face it, I'm not doubting this is bad for gaming and all, but to pretend like EA has done nothing worthwhile is to delude yourself out of hatred for their buisness tactics.

Speaking of american football, help a english guy out...I'm playing a demo for madden 06, and no matter how many times I tackle the opposing team, it seems like they are on offense forever, whereas I get like one or two offenses for much less time than they do...what's up with that?

I don't deny that they have had some good stuff (the Burnouts especially), but they're business practices suck. Instead of shooting ahead and advancing ideas, they buy out the competition, which eliminates for them the need to actually work for their consumers.:mad:

Brainiac 8 said:
I don't deny that they have had some good stuff (the Burnouts especially), but they're business practices suck. Instead of shooting ahead and advancing ideas, they buy out the competition, which eliminates for them the need to actually work for their consumers.:mad:

Now that I totally agree with. You'd think there would be laws in place to stop a monopoly, like there is on other media.

There IS. EA was shot down a while ago because they wanted to buy someone else out, and that would have almost made them a monopoly.

Ah, so whats everyone so worried about? If it seems they can't completely buy anyone else out?

nothing stops them forcing them out of business though..

Why didnt they give the reigns of the Batman Begins game to Ubi Soft then instead of their ****ty Catwoman department. :(

The Riddler said:
damn ea is so awesome.

DAMMIT, 'RIDDLER'.....WHY THE F*** DID YOU REVIVE AN 18 MONTH OLD THREAD?! :down:mad:

BUT, WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT............'EA' HAS A CHANCE AT GAINING BACK SOME RESPECT WITH THIS NEW GENERATION. 'FNR3' AND 'NFS:MW' HAVE ALREADY BECOME TWO OF MY FAVORITE '360' GAMES (YES THEY'RE MULTIPLATFORM, BUT THE '360' VERSIONS ARE 10X MORE SUPERIOR). NOW THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER SCREW UP THE '007' FRANCHISE, AND THEY'LL SOON BE RELEASING MY BELOVED 'NCAA FOOTBALL', I'VE GOT NO REAL REASON TO HATE ON THEM MUCH. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"