• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Damnmother!........

THWIP*

Avenger
Joined
Nov 15, 2001
Messages
22,877
Reaction score
0
Points
31
EA Buys Into Ubisoft
Posted by: Jeff on Monday, December 20th, 2004
Type: News
Source: http://www.totalvideogames.com

The ever expanding tentacles of EA reached across to France today as the US firm have announced that they have bought 19.9% of Ubisoft Entertainment. The terms of the agreement are yet to be disclosed, with the deal waiting for U.S. Antitrust clearance before it gets signed. Ubisoft has an approximate market value of €300 million, which means that the deal is worth somewhere in the region of around €59.7 million – although this is unconfirmed.

Whether EA has its sights on the rest of Ubisoft is of course anybody’s guess, but it is a development that further increases EA’s strength within the industry.

We’ll have more news on this story when the details are disclosed.



IF ONLY THE TALIBAN HAD BLOWN UP EA'S HEADQUARTERS ON 9/11/01. :o



*EDIT* I JUST REALIZED THAT THIS WAS THE TOPIC OF AN OLDER THREAD, , EVEN THOUGH THIS STORY WAS DATED FOR TODAY. :confused:

EVEN SO..........MOTHERPHUCKERRRRRRS! :mad:
 
Because this one is new, and subject to more views, I'll post these here.

ea125df.gif


eadevbelongtous6hd.gif
 
IT'S OFFICAL........."EA" STANDS FOR EVIL A55HOLES :mad:
 
Whats the big deal? I mean ofcourse this is really cheap way of getting rid of compitition but Ubisoft aren't "teh best" devs around anyways. They are just as bad if not worse than EA with their Expansion Pack games and sequels and sequels of worthless crap.

Other than the SC1, POP1, SC3 team (which is the same) they dont have any other team that really did that great. Red Storm and others keep spitting ut Rainbow six ****** sequels or expansion packs.
 
Liquid Snake said:
Whats the big deal? I mean ofcourse this is really cheap way of getting rid of compitition but Ubisoft aren't "teh best" devs around anyways. They are just as bad if not worse than EA with their Expansion Pack games and sequels and sequels of worthless crap.

Other than the SC1, POP1, SC3 team (which is the same) they dont have any other team that really did that great. Red Storm and others keep spitting ut Rainbow six ****** sequels or expansion packs.

Hey, Brothers In Arms looks like it's going to kick absolute @$$.:o :up:
 
Liquid Snake said:
Whats the big deal? I mean ofcourse this is really cheap way of getting rid of compitition but Ubisoft aren't "teh best" devs around anyways. They are just as bad if not worse than EA with their Expansion Pack games and sequels and sequels of worthless crap.

Other than the SC1, POP1, SC3 team (which is the same) they dont have any other team that really did that great. Red Storm and others keep spitting ut Rainbow six ****** sequels or expansion packs.



YOU CAN'T REALLY BE THAT IGNORANT, CAN YOU? (THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION)
LOOK AT WHAT 'MASTER CHIEF' POSTED; THAT'S THE "BIG DEAL". IF THIS TREND CONTINUES....AS IT LIKELY WILL.....'EA' WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE A CONTROLLING INTEREST IN ABOUT 90% OF THE GAMES PRODUCED IN THE FUTURE........WHICH SPELLS D...O...O...M, FOR GAMING AND GAMERS.
YOU REALLY NEED TO STEP OUTSIDE YOUR LITTLE 'MGS3' SOLITARY CELL THERE, AND STEP INTO THE DAYLIGHT; A WHOLE WORLD AWAITS YOU. :rolleyes:
 
Is it just me... or is EA becoming the M$ of the video game world?
 
V1P3Rt3Ch said:
Is it just me... or is EA becoming the M$ of the video game world?


I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT; AT LEAST MS CARES ABOUT MAKING QUALITY GAMES. :o
 
I dont care, I know what EA is doing and it's really cheap. They are basially buying out their compitition instead of making better quality games, but the whole Ubosoft deal doesn't disappoint me. They are the EA of Xbox anyway.
 
Liquid Snake said:
I dont care, I know what EA is doing and it's really cheap. They are basially buying out their compitition instead of making better quality games, .
Thanks for clearing that up:rolleyes:
 
Liquid Snake said:
..... They are the EA of Xbox anyway.


YEAH, 'CAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT UBISOFT ONLY MAKES GAMES FOR XBOX.
:confused: :o :rolleyes:
 
THWIP* said:
YEAH, 'CAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT UBISOFT ONLY MAKES GAMES FOR XBOX.
:confused: :o :rolleyes:
EA makes games for the Xbox but we all know that they make the best version for the PS2, same with Ubi Soft, they make games for the PS2 but the best version of their games is for the Xbox. Both treat there franchises the same way except once and a while Ubi Soft puts a little quality is some other game that is not Tom Clancy
 
ubi soft makes my favorite games.
sc, rb6, ghost recon, pop, soon to be brothers in arms-
i hope this doesn't change that.

ea got me pretty good this month as i'm a huge espn nfl fan also.
 
Liquid Snake said:
I dont care, I know what EA is doing and it's really cheap. They are basially buying out their compitition instead of making better quality games, but the whole Ubosoft deal doesn't disappoint me. They are the EA of Xbox anyway.
No they aren't you idiot. Splinter Cell alone is >>>>>>>>> the entire EA line-up, not even taking into account the other Clancy games and the POP series. Ubi rehashes quality games, EA rehashes crap. Big difference.
 
JC Denton said:
No they aren't you idiot. Splinter Cell alone is >>>>>>>>> the entire EA line-up, not even taking into account the other Clancy games and the POP series. Ubi rehashes quality games, EA rehashes crap. Big difference.
Yes they are, the only good versions of the Tom Clancy games pop up on the Xbox, I liked Splinter Cell on the Xbox but hated it on the PS2 and GC. The Tom Clancy games are Ubi Softs top spot just like the Maxis games are EAs top spot, sometimes they make a good game outside of those series but most of the time it's rehased generic crap
 
hippie_hunter said:
EA makes games for the Xbox but we all know that they make the best version for the PS2, same with Ubi Soft, they make games for the PS2 but the best version of their games is for the Xbox. Both treat there franchises the same way except once and a while Ubi Soft puts a little quality is some other game that is not Tom Clancy

THAT'S SOME REALLY SCREWED UP LOGIC YOU HAVE THERE, 'HIPPIE'. JUST SO YOU KNOW, A DEVELOPER NEVER SETS OUT TO MAKE A VERSION OF THEIR GAME BETTER FOR ONE CONSOLE, THAN FOR THE OTHER. AS I'VE POINTED OUT NUMEROUS TIMES, THE SAD FACT IS.......THE PS2 HURTS THE OVERALL QUALITY OF MULTIPLATFORM GAMES. THE FACT THAT THE PS2 VERSION OF A GAME ISN'T AS GOOD AS THAT OF THE XBOX OR EVEN GAMECUBE, ONLY PROVES IT'S THE LCD OF THE 3 SYSTEMS. PLEASE POINT OUT JUST ONE INSTANCE WHERE 'EA' MADE A GAME, AND THEY MADE "THE BEST VERSION FOR THE PS2". AN EXTRA MODE, OR LEVEL, OR CHARACTER, OR TRACK........ANY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSOLE VERSIONS......DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A "BETTER" VERSION. THAT IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE A MATTER OF MONEY, WHERE EVERYONE PAYS THE DEVELOPER FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING "DIFFERENT", TO HELP SELL THEIR VERSION, OVER THE OTHERS. IF YOU THINK THERE'S PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT LIKE THAT, FROM 'EA', WHY WOULD THEY HAVE FINALLY STARTED DEVELOPING WITH 'LIVE' SUPPORT FOR THE XBOX? I'LL TELL YOU WHY.........MONEY, ONCE AGAIN. IT WAS THE ONLY REASON THERE WAS EVER A RIFT BETWEEN 'EA' AND MS, AND IT WAS ULTIMATELY WHAT REPAIRED IT. IT'S NOT LIKE THE CEO OF 'EA' WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND THOUGHT, "YOU KNOW, THOSE GUYS AT 'MS' AREN'T REALLY SO BAD.......MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE THEM SOME OF THE SAME LOVE I HAVE FOR SONY AFTERALL".
:rolleyes:
 
JC Denton said:
No they aren't you idiot. Splinter Cell alone is >>>>>>>>> the entire EA line-up, not even taking into account the other Clancy games and the POP series. Ubi rehashes quality games, EA rehashes crap. Big difference.

Far Cry>>>>>>>>>>> Entire EA line up


And farcry was one of there more mediocre games
 
THWIP* said:
THAT'S SOME REALLY SCREWED UP LOGIC YOU HAVE THERE, 'HIPPIE'. JUST SO YOU KNOW, A DEVELOPER NEVER SETS OUT TO MAKE A VERSION OF THEIR GAME BETTER FOR ONE CONSOLE, THAN FOR THE OTHER. AS I'VE POINTED OUT NUMEROUS TIMES, THE SAD FACT IS.......THE PS2 HURTS THE OVERALL QUALITY OF MULTIPLATFORM GAMES. THE FACT THAT THE PS2 VERSION OF A GAME ISN'T AS GOOD AS THAT OF THE XBOX OR EVEN GAMECUBE, ONLY PROVES IT'S THE LCD OF THE 3 SYSTEMS.

Ditto.

PLEASE POINT OUT JUST ONE INSTANCE WHERE 'EA' MADE A GAME, AND THEY MADE "THE BEST VERSION FOR THE PS2". AN EXTRA MODE, OR LEVEL, OR CHARACTER, OR TRACK........ANY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSOLE VERSIONS......DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A "BETTER" VERSION.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was way better on the PS2 than it was on the Xbox, GC and PC. But then again, those versions were made by EA Seattle and not Black Box (the original developer). Not to mention the PS2 and the rest of the versions were quite different not only in technical terms, but gameplay as well.
 
THWIP* said:
THAT'S SOME REALLY SCREWED UP LOGIC YOU HAVE THERE, 'HIPPIE'. JUST SO YOU KNOW, A DEVELOPER NEVER SETS OUT TO MAKE A VERSION OF THEIR GAME BETTER FOR ONE CONSOLE, THAN FOR THE OTHER. AS I'VE POINTED OUT NUMEROUS TIMES, THE SAD FACT IS.......THE PS2 HURTS THE OVERALL QUALITY OF MULTIPLATFORM GAMES. THE FACT THAT THE PS2 VERSION OF A GAME ISN'T AS GOOD AS THAT OF THE XBOX OR EVEN GAMECUBE, ONLY PROVES IT'S THE LCD OF THE 3 SYSTEMS. PLEASE POINT OUT JUST ONE INSTANCE WHERE 'EA' MADE A GAME, AND THEY MADE "THE BEST VERSION FOR THE PS2". AN EXTRA MODE, OR LEVEL, OR CHARACTER, OR TRACK........ANY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSOLE VERSIONS......DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A "BETTER" VERSION. THAT IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE A MATTER OF MONEY, WHERE EVERYONE PAYS THE DEVELOPER FOR A LITTLE SOMETHING "DIFFERENT", TO HELP SELL THEIR VERSION, OVER THE OTHERS. IF YOU THINK THERE'S PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT LIKE THAT, FROM 'EA', WHY WOULD THEY HAVE FINALLY STARTED DEVELOPING WITH 'LIVE' SUPPORT FOR THE XBOX? I'LL TELL YOU WHY.........MONEY, ONCE AGAIN. IT WAS THE ONLY REASON THERE WAS EVER A RIFT BETWEEN 'EA' AND MS, AND IT WAS ULTIMATELY WHAT REPAIRED IT. IT'S NOT LIKE THE CEO OF 'EA' WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND THOUGHT, "YOU KNOW, THOSE GUYS AT 'MS' AREN'T REALLY SO BAD.......MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE THEM SOME OF THE SAME LOVE I HAVE FOR SONY AFTERALL".
:rolleyes:
EA gave Sony exclusitivity to online play for a year, now EA is starting to put in extras with there games with the Eye Toy. There was never a rift between EA and Microsoft its just that EA likes Sony better
 
hippie_hunter said:
EA gave Sony exclusitivity to online play for a year, now EA is starting to put in extras with there games with the Eye Toy. There was never a rift between EA and Microsoft its just that EA likes Sony better

BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.......I ONLY DEAL IN FACTS. :o
 
Phaser said:
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was way better on the PS2 than it was on the Xbox, GC and PC. But then again, those versions were made by EA Seattle and not Black Box (the original developer). Not to mention the PS2 and the rest of the versions were quite different not only in technical terms, but gameplay as well.


WELL, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION, THIS CLEARLY WOULDN'T QUALIFY. 'HIPPIE' WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE THAT 'EA' WANTS THEIR GAMES TO BE BETTER ON THE PS2, THAN ON XBOX. APPARENTLY, 'NFS:HP2' WAS DEVELOPED AS A PS2 EXCLUSIVE, INTITIALLY, AND THEN HAD A CRAPPY PORT DONE FOR EVERYTHING ELSE; THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS SIMULTANEOUSLY DEV'ING A GAME FOR ALL PLATFORMS, AND HAVING YOUR FAVORITE SYSTEM GET THE BEST OF ALL VERSIONS. HELL, LOOK AT 'ROCKSTAR': THEY STILL HAVE THAT WACKY "EXCLUSIVITY" CONTRACT WITH SONY, ON THE GTA SERIES...........YET THEY RELEASE A SUPERIOR VERSION LATER ON THE XBOX AND PC. AGAIN, IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY......AND THE SHORTCOMINGS OF THE PS2. :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,682
Messages
21,785,970
Members
45,620
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"