Dan Trachtenberg to direct Predator film ‘Badlands’

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score

Following the massive success of the Predator pic, Prey, 20th Century is moving forward with the next film as Deadline is hearing Dan Trachtenberg is returning to write and direct Badlands, a new standalone pic in the franchise that is expected to shoot later this year. The film is a high priority for the studio and sources say Trachtenberg and execs are already meeting with talent for the lead role.

Plot details are being kept under wraps other then it featuring everyones favorite extraterrestrial big game hunter. It is also known about releases plans as the last film exclusively streamed on Hulu (breaking numerous viewerships records for the streamer) but given that 20th Century has been very much back in the theatrical game with films like Boogeyman and the upcoming Alien: Romulus film bowing in theaters, a theatrical premiere isn’t out of the question.

giphy.gif

Not much interested in the Prey continuation, but this sounds really intriguing.

Fingers crossed this is released in theatres, I’ve never seen a Predator film on the big screen!

Deadline is also reporting Prey 2 is in the works with Amber Midthunder set to return!
Prey might just be my favourite Predator film of all, so I'll be very keen to see both Prey 2 and Badlands!

I loved Prey, easily the best Predator movie since the original, so I'm looking forward to whatever projects Trachtenberg has planned for the franchise. I'm curious to see how far in the future Badlands is set.

Badlands makes it sound like it will have Mad Max vibes, but dunno.

Standalone is the right way to go. Predator is best when you keep it at basics.

If the Predator doesn't look like an actual Predator, I'm going to be so pissed off. I HATED HATED HATED HATED the Feral Predator. I want an actual Stan Winston Predator. Get it ****ing right this time.

If the Predator doesn't look like an actual Predator, I'm going to be so pissed off. I HATED HATED HATED HATED the Feral Predator. I want an actual Stan Winston Predator. Get it ****ing right this time.

I have a good feeling we’re going to get a more traditional Predator this time around.

There hasn't really been a variant of the Predator designs through the movies that I haven't liked (not counting The Predator 2018 because I haven't seen it) but I do miss the old classic Winston design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"