Daredevil

RaZaTrOn

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey guys,

with rumour of the new Daredevil getting written I thought i'd take a shot at writing my own screenplay for it.

I have the main ideas plotted out it's just finding the time to write it. It's my first time writing out so don't be too critical.

I'll apologise in advance for any grammatical errors or missing words, the majority of this was written late at night and i haven't had the chance to go through it.

I hope you like what I have written so far.

INT.Wilson fisk's room. Day

A tall and intimidating man is stood looking across the city of New York as the sun begins to set over the Big Apple. He is built like a tank and makes anybody in his presence quiver.

Doors to the main office burst open as a lean man in a business suit enters. WILSON FISK raises his hand and the man stands still with his head bowed.

After a moments pause the silence is broken by the deep tremors of WILSON FISK'S voice.

Wilson Fisk

What is it Melvin?

MELVIN

Good Evening Mr Fisk, I've come up to inform you about tonight.

WILSON FISK

Go ahead.

Melvin

Well we've run into a slight problem.​

WILSON FISK tightens his grip on the diamond head of his cane.

EXt. Dockyards. day

The sun is just setting leaving an eerie orange glow reflecting off the water. A van containing WILSON FISK'S shipment is open and being ransacked as several of his personal guards lay around moaning in agony.

One attempts to get up but is sharply smacked around the face with a rusted pipe.

Thug #1

Listen man, stay down we don't want to have to kill you.

FISK Guard #1

(Dazed)

You can't expect to get away with this.

THUG #1

(laughing)

Dude, Hell's Kitchen has a new boss now the Kingpin just doesn't know it yet!

THUG #2

Hey come on lets get outta here we got what we came for!​

The group of thugs run off down the darkness of an alleyway their hollering echoing through the city as they get further and further away.

Unbeknown to the unconscious guards a shadowy figure has been watching the whole situation unfold. A shadowy figure we recognize as DAREDEVIL from the horned cowl he wears.

DAREDEVIL

Now that's interesting.​

DAREDEVIL stands and holds out his old faithful billy club and lets it shot off into a crack on the building opposite, with a push of a button the line reels in and he shoots off into the skies of Hell's Kitchen for his nightly patrol.

Int. An Abandoned WArehouse. Night

The damp and warehouse is silent apart from the rats scurrying across the floor, moving room to room through unknown cracks. The room is illuminated by a desk lamp placed on what seems make shift office desk with papers and pens stacked all in place.

On the seat behind the desk sits a strange looking man, LELAND OWLSLEY. Behind him stand two men similar looking to thugs that robbed WILSON FISK'S truck but with a more intimidating frame.

OWLSLEY GUARD #1

Boss, I thought you said that we were gonna be moving outta this crap hole. These rats are driving me nuts, are you on the problem or not?

LELAND OWLSLEY'S head turns all most unnaturally for a human and somewhat akin to an owl.

LELAND OWLSLEY

(Smug)

Patience, if you don't watch your tongue it's possible you won't live to see our new office with a skyline view.

And the rat problem. Yeah, I'm on that.​

As soon as he finishes his arms shoots across his table at an unthinkable speed. There is a squeal as he opens up his claw like hand to reveal a small rodent. He shoots a wink at his GUARD before swallowing the living rodent whole with a lick of his lips.

INT. Nelson and Murdock. Day

A sunny morning breeze sweeps in through the open window as the slow chatter of Hell's Kitchen waking up also wakes up another soul. Asleep on the couch of NELSON AND MURDOCK offices was a man with strawberry blond scrappy hair in need of a shave now he is sat up. His eyes are open but he cannot see, MATT MURDOCK has been blind for as long as he can remember after a freak toxic waste accident caused him to become permanently blind. To stop others from being uncomfortable by his glazed over eyes he reaches across to a small coffee table for a pair of rose tinted spectacles. After a brief yawn he takes a huge sniff, gets up and heads over to the door that leads into the reception area.

MATT MURDOCK

Mmmmmmmmmm, fresh coffee. Just what I'm in need of.​

He flashes a smile at a woman, KAREN PAGE, a blond haired beauty in her early twenties.

KAREN PAGE

Well I saw you sleeping like a baby when I came in this morning and I knew just how to wake you. Freshly brewed indeed. First client of the day will be here in ten minutes, Foggy said he would be late in today as well.

MATT MURDOCK

Thanks Karen, send them through when they're here.​

With that said MATT picks up his coffee as well as today's paper and heads back into his office. Leaving the fast typing fingers of KAREN to her job.

MATT settles into his chair and begins to run his fingers across the print of the paper. Just another finely tuned sense to go along with the rest he thinks.

INt. Small Apartment. Day

Old papers and dirty clothes are strewn across a dingy apartment floor, plates are piled in the sink waiting to be cleaned. In the main room a bunch of thugs relax on stained furniture.

THUG #3

So what the hell is this stuff you got us robbin'?

THUG #1

Listen, what this stuff is has absolutely nothing to do with you. It ain't going to affect your paycheck so keep your questions to yourself.

THUG #2

That's bull, we put our necks on the line and we don't even know who for! When do we get to meet boss man?

THUG #1

Soon enough, he knows where we are all we have to do is stick it out and keep low. I need to go drop a load, keep your hands to yourself.​

As THUG #1 leaves towards the bathroom, THUG #3 reaches out towards the box containing the stolen goods. The flutter of disturbed birds near the window can be heard as his hand clasps around one of the small bottles inside the box.

LELAND OWLSLEY

I wouldn't do that if I were you.​

Both THUGS leap out their skin as they turn around to see THE OWL perched on the fire escape outside. He unbuttons his coat and casually hopes down onto the wooden floorboards as THUG #1 exits from the bathroom.

THUG #1

Boss, good to see you. We got your shipment. Was easy as taking candy from a baby.

THE OWL
(Laughing)

You have no idea. Is this all that was there?

THUG #2

Yeah there was no more, i cleared the truck myself.

THUG #3

So what the hell is this stuff you got us stealing bird man?

THE OWL

Watch your tongue kid. Keep it behind your teeth long enough and you might find out. I need you to bring this to my office, you know the address. I'll expect it later tonight. Until then keep your hands to yourself.​

With that he was gone out the window as fast as he came.

THUG #1

Pack your **** up guys, we leave in ten.

Don't leave me hanging man. Intro of the owl? very nice indeed.

Hey, thanks for reading.

What do you think so far?

Think it's worth continuing?

If you enjoyed working on it, it's definitely worth continuing

i like the flow of it, its definetely something i would pay to see. if you are looking for a title, id say "The Man Without Fear" would work well, but hey its yours not mine hahaha great job though!

OK. Just gave the next scene a go.

INT. NELSON AND MURDOCK. DAY

Within his office MATT sits listening to the birds outside the window, his mind drifts from his day job to his night job as he ponders what the THUGS he saw yesterday meant byHell's Kitchen having a new boss.

MATT MURDOCK

What did they mean?​

As MATT sits dazed with the warm heat of the day caressing his skin a guest arrives in the reception area. Through the door MATT can hear clear as day KAREN as she reels off her well rehearsed pleasantries towards NELSON AND MURDOCK'S first client of the day, JOHN KEARNY.

MATT hears as JOHN replies to KAREN in his gruff Irish accent.

JOHN KEARNY

Thank you Miss...
With that said KAREN gives him a quick view of her pearly white teeth and goes to reach for the buzzer to inform MATT that their client has arrive. However due to MATT'S senses amazing senses he quickly presses the intercom before her.

BZZZZZT.... KAREN leaps in shock, MATT always enjoys doing it to her, he tries to keep it professional but lately he has realised he is developing feelings for this beautiful woman, he knows that KAREN feels the same as he senses her heart missing a beat anytime he compliments her.

MATT MURDOCK

(Chuckling)

Karen, has our client arrived yet?

KAREN PAGE

I was just about to let him through.

MATT MURDOCK

Oh really? What a coincidence! Come on in Mr Kearny.​

KAREN gets up and heads over to the door between her reception and MATT'S office. With a bit of effort she twists the knob of the door around and signals for JOHN KEARNY to go on through.

MATT MURDOCK

Hello Mr. Kearny, my name is Matthew. Matthew Murdock.

JOHN KEARNY

Ay, the boxers lad right? Battlin' Jack?

MATT MURDOCK

The one and only. Please take a seat.​

JOHN KEARNY takes a seat the the crimson red chair resting against the wall directly behind a small Bonsai tree.

MATT MURDOCK

I understand you spoke to my partner Mr. Nelson? He's not here right now so I don't have his notes. Would you mind running me through what happened again?​

JOHN KEARNY'S face is blue and black, clearly recovering from what looks like an attack.

JOHN KEARNY

Not at all Mr. Murdock...

MATT MURDOCK

Please call me Matt.

JOHN KEARNY

Right then... Matt. As I told y'mate Foggy, I came outta Malony's at around two. Makin' me way home when all of a sudden i'm jumped by this huge guy and the rest i'm sure ye can tell what happened then. Thing is he says that I jumped him, his face all cut up sayin' i did it. But truth is I ran like the clappers. When I got home I realised he'd taken somethin' from me...​

As JOHN KEARNY tells his story MATT listens intently to the rhythm of his heartbeat

MATT MURDOCK

What did he take Mr. Kearny?

MATT listens further as KEARNY'S heartbeat slowly rises.

JOHN KEARNY

It was just me medication.​

In a instance MATT knows KEARNY is lying.

MATT MURDOCK

If you want out help Mr Kearny you need to be one hundred percent honest with me.

JOHN KEARNY

I am, Mr Mur... Matt.

MATT MURDOCK

What did he really take.

JOHN KEARNY

(sighs)

It was some meds. New stuff. It's meant to make y'stronger.​

A smile creeps across MATT'S face. He's starting to put pieces of an unknown puzzle together in his head. Usually MATT wouldn't take such a case that involves a somewhat guilty party, but MATT wasn't in right now. This was DAREDEVIL'S case.

MATT MURDOCK

Mr. Kearny, Nelson and Murdock accept your case.​

Again I apologise for any spelling/grammatical errors I haven't gone back through it yet. (Hot off the press)

Hope you like it and look forward to comments.

Also thanks to Knight Rise the screenplay is now known as The Man Without Fear.

Ext. Hell'S Kitchen Park. Day

FOGGY NELSON, MATT MURDOCK'S law partner sits on his own on a brand new bench dedicated to the kind heart of WILSON FISK for donating millions of dollars into Hell's Kitchen.

FOGGY is eating his lunch that he made himself this morning, nothing special but never the less he was enjoying his sandwiches. From his left FOGGY heard the tapping of a cane as it found it's way along the parks pathway.

FOGGY

(mouth full)

Hey Matt.

MATT MURDOCK

Everything all right this morning Foggy?

FOGGY

Yeah, it's nothing I can't handle.​

MATT takes a seat next to FOGGY on the bench covering up the dedication plaque. He pulls out his own sandwiches from a brown satchel hung around him, in some light the brown offers an almost crimson appearance.

FOGGY

So how did this morning go? Did you take it?

MATT MURDOCK

Yeah I took it. I think it's bigger than us though.

FOGGY

Why's that?

MATT MURDOCK

Well turns out Mr. Kearny was robbed of his new drug. Which I think is being shipped around the city by Fisk.

FOGGY

Since when do we take on drug dealers?

MATT MURDOCK

We don't Fog. But this is my.... our chance to nail Fisk once and for all.

FOGGY

You mean it's Daredevil's chance.

MATT MURDOCK

Foggy I didn't come here looking for your approval. I came here to tell you that someone is going to challenge the Kingpin. Have you heard anything?

FOGGY

No Matt. I'm gonna head back to the office now. See you later.
As FOGGY gets up he throws his rubbish towards the nearby bin, missing by a long shot. Despite being eco-friendly FOGGY is in too much of a rush to pick it up and put it in the bin.

As FOGGY heads away he is stopped by MATT sticking his cane in FOGGY'S path.

MATT MURDOCK

Foggy. I know you're lying.

FOGGY

Please Matt, I have to get back to my case.

MATT MURDOCK

Just an address Fog. Please.

FOGGY

Matt.... I promised Karen I wouldn't.​

MATT is silent but FOGGY can feel MATT'S sightless eyes looking at him through his rose tinted glasses. He knows what MATT sees, reverberations of sound bouncing off objects. FOGGY always gets nervous when MATT stares, it's like he is looking into FOGGY'S soul.

FOGGY

Ok, but please be careful. I've heard this guy doesn't mess around.

FOGGY quickly pulls out a pen and paper from his pocket and scrawls down an address. He hands it to MATT unwillingly.

MATT MURDOCK

Thanks Foggy. I appreciate this.
FOGGY slowly walks out the park, his mood lowered by MATT'S outburst. FOGGY know MATT is loosing himself.

Meanwhile MATT screws up his rubbish and throws it straight into the bin from a further distance than FOGGY. He looks at FOGGY as he merges into the crowd across the street. MATT turns and exits through the opposite entrance.

Once again apologies for spelling/grammar. (Hot off the press once more)

Enjoy, comment and offer advice.

Thanks for reading.

returning the favor

daredevil_reboot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95