• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark Matter

The book is fantastic, glad it's being turned into a series rather than a feature film.

So this isn't about the Canadian Sci fi show?

Loved the book, and they have a great cast here. I worry though that they waited a bit too long on this one. The concept, while well executed, is kind of old at this point.

Loved the book, and they have a great cast here. I worry though that they waited a bit too long on this one. The concept, while well executed, is kind of old at this point.
I only read the synopsis of the show in IMDB. Is it something that was shown a lot elsewhere?

I only read the synopsis of the show in IMDB. Is it something that was shown a lot elsewhere?

Yeah; if you really want to know,
the main character discovers the existence of a multiverse.

Thought the 1st 2 episodes were decent, and seems to be following the book fairly closely.
Although if I recall correctly they only reveal the existance of a multiverse only halfway through the book, and in the tv show thats revealed in the 2nd episode

Really enjoyed the first 2 eps. And I thought Joel Edgerton did a fantastic job -

by now we've all seen plenty of multiverse films where someone has a doppelganger who is evil or markedly different from them in looks and personality, which in some respects lets the actor cut loose a little and really exaggerate the contrast. But in these initial episodes of Dark Matter, the two characters that Edgarton plays are essentially the same person - up to a point in their lives 16yrs prior where they made different career and relationship choices - and then their lives went down different routes. So it's a very nuanced and effective performance where the characters look exactly the same, and almost behave the same but there are some subtle differences in demeanour, confidence and composure which marks them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"