Darren Aronofsky's: Noah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll happen but it's more likely it won't. Together with the subject matter, the budget and also the rating plays a major factor on whether or not a studio will pick it up. But if it does happen, man it's going to be amazing.

And I think Jeff Bridges would be a good choice for Noah.

Yeah the budget is another big factor. He probably will have more ammunition if he did the Wolverine project first and it was successful. That was probably his plan before. If a studio picks this up, I can see a compromise being negotiated. Either he tones it down to a PG rating (which I don't see Aronofsky doing) or they lower the budget.

I think as long as doesn't make it too sexualized it's a solid possibility to be picked up. He's become more commercially successful, the religious crowd really hasn't had a blockbuster in a long time, plus it sounds like his take could appeal to non-religious people as well. But, I think a lot of it will come down to how much he wants to bring the sex back into the story, as the story :eek: posted above mentioned.

Yeah the budget is another big factor. He probably will have more ammunition if he did the Wolverine project first and it was successful. That was probably his plan before. If a studio picks this up, I can see a compromise being negotiated. Either he tones it down to a PG rating (which I don't see Aronofsky doing) or they lower the budget.

For me I think it's better to lower down the budget in order that your vision of the project won't be compromised rather than the opposite. Of course it's great if he gets the rating and the budget he wants but it's not likely right now if a studio is interested, even if Aronofsky is coming off from the success of Black Swan. I'm looking forward to see update on the project, whether it's positive or negative. If this doesn't get off ground then I hope he can do Machine Man next.

I do hope that Aronofsky secure financing for this project because I really want this to be his next film. Plus, it must be comforting for the studio with John Logan re-writing the script.

My choice for Noah would be Brad Pitt. With him on-board it should definitely secure the finance for this project. And I want them to work together for this project especially since it didn't work out on The Fountain.

I hope this does not have zebras, girrafes, and lions going two by two onto a 19th century boat. It's a story about a Sumerian or Bronze age wine farmer who saves his family and his farm animals on a boat during a regional flood.

I hope this does not have zebras, girrafes, and lions going two by two onto a 19th century boat. It's a story about a Sumerian or Bronze age wine farmer who saves his family and his farm animals on a boat during a regional flood.

Well how exactly can they make it realistic in any way? Doesn't the bible describe animals going in two by two and all animals of the world present? as for the boat there is no boat on earth that could the fit the millions of species on earth 19th boat or not?

The only way could be to disregard the biblical version of events but then you have a totally different story all together. I.e a flood survival story in the 4th millenium b.c. It's hard to see how anyone can portray the biblical version in a realistic light.

I'm very interested in this and very curious as to the route they'll take. Many people FAIL to understand exactly what NOah did and how hard it was. First of all the ark he built, people dont understand how massive that arc was, it wasn't even an arc, it was a cot damn superjumbo ship and the length of time it took to build, if memory serves correct, it took him around 50 years to build or something like that. I wonder if all this will be included.

I do hope that Aronofsky secure financing for this project because I really want this to be his next film. Plus, it must be comforting for the studio with John Logan re-writing the script.

My choice for Noah would be Brad Pitt. With him on-board it should definitely secure the finance for this project. And I want them to work together for this project especially since it didn't work out on The Fountain.

Or The Fighter.

I agree that if a studio greenlights this and approves Aronofsky's requested budget then they probably will demand an A-list star to guarantee sucess.

Brad Pitt is a good suggestion. I can see him in something like this. How about Daniel Craig? Actually it depends on what age he wants Noah to be.

It may not necessarily be for this project but I want to see Darren work with Christian Bale as well. Those two will do the crazy really well. Plus I want to see pics of them together since they could pass as brothers.

As I am a science sort of guy, it takes something as ambitious as this to sit through a religious based film. And that's the thing. You know I don't want to get too far into this but if you take the current religious aspect out of the equation there are some amazing stories in there that could be visually amazing on screen. And have been.

Jeff Bridges would be amazing and it seems like the sort of thing he'd be interested in. Daniel Day Lewis would also be awesome.

Unfortunately, you're going to run afoul of people who don't see this story as a fable or allegory, but as literal truth.

Last edited:
Well how exactly can they make it realistic in any way? Doesn't the bible describe animals going in two by two and all animals of the world present? as for the boat there is no boat on earth that could the fit the millions of species on earth 19th boat or not?

The only way could be to disregard the biblical version of events but then you have a totally different story all together. I.e a flood survival story in the 4th millenium b.c. It's hard to see how anyone can portray the biblical version in a realistic light.

Well, for arguments sake, given the dimensions of the arc from the bible, we're talking about 2.7 million square feet of storage space.

Studies have been conducted that estimate nearly 300,000 sheep sized animals could fit easily within this amount of space. Not only that, but if we're talking about 2 of every kind of genus (scientists estimate somewhere between 17,600 - 25,000 including currently extinct organisms), that means we're looking at less than 50,000 animals on the arc.

What about the larger animals? Well, naturally, one would assume that grabbing younger (and thereby smaller) animals would be best for obvious reasons (less dietary needs, easier to control, take up less space, less excrement, longer life span), than it really isn't a huge leap in logic that 50,000 young animals could fit within 2.7 million square feet of space.

Take the story of Noah as you wish, but purely from a mathematical standpoint, its doable.

Last edited:
Studies have been conducted that estimate nearly 300,000 sheep sized animalscould fit easily within this amount of space.

Are you kidding me? You might be able to fit that many 'sheep sized' animals in that space, but it would be pretty frickin unmanagable given the fact that they would all be wanting to go to the little sheep's room every so often. Noah could probably knock together 300,000 wooden buckets for the gig, but on da water? rocking around? 300,000 out of control buckets of 'sheep sized animal deposits?'

There is no way Noah and co could do it, this movie belongs in the fantasy section of blockbuster, trust me, i was there, i gave the orders, i was bsing Noah for a laugh, he built it, but there was no flood. He was an ass**** and deserved a bit of bsing.

Are you kidding me? You might be able to fit that many 'sheep sized' animals in that space, but it would be pretty frickin unmanagable given the fact that they would all be wanting to go to the little sheep's room every so often. Noah could probably knock together 300,000 wooden buckets for the gig, but on da water? rocking around? 300,000 out of control buckets of 'sheep sized animal deposits?'

There is no way Noah and co could do it, this movie belongs in the fantasy section of blockbuster, trust me, i was there, i gave the orders, i was bsing Noah for a laugh, he built it, but there was no flood. He was an ass**** and deserved a bit of bsing.

Okay, I loled hard on your second paragraph. Speaking on your first paragraph, read my post again. Scientists speculate that if the story were true, there would be around 50,000 animals on board, even less depending on how generous you are in estimating the amount of species on earth. 50,000 is a hell of a lot less than 300,000. Secondly, the point of my post was addressing the mere mathematical component, the ability to fit animals on a boat. Dealing with the "deposits" of so many animals is something different, but with even 3/4 of the ship full (the math suggests the animals would take up less) that leaves room for some type of food supply and waste management (and for the sake of arguement, the floors could have been perforated, with chutes leading out to portholes, so the waste falls through and out the ship...I dunno, just tossing an idea out there). Point is, it's not an impossible feat. Hard, grueling, disgusting, sure, but not impossible. Fitting animals on the ark is the least improbable aspect of the story.

Last edited:

The language of that is so vague that it has been taken to mean literally the entire globe of land animals and it is a boat with nails and wood too. That by itself shows it to be impossible and wrong in interpretation of this context. The story might possibly be related to some sort of real event, but has interpreted differently over the years.

The Epic of Gilgamesh and most world religions have some sort of also true story, but something is history that occurs usually starts the foundation what otherwise is made into a supernatural story afterwards.

As I am a science sort of guy, it takes something as ambitious as this to sit through a religious based film. And that's the thing. You know I don't want to get too far into this but if you take the current religious aspect out of the equation there are some amazing stories in there that could be visually amazing on screen. And have been.

Jeff Bridges would be amazing and it seems like the sort of thing he'd be interested in. Daniel Day Lewis would also be awesome.

Jeff Bridges as Noah is pretty brilliant. I love it.

On a side note, Noah has always been my favorite biblical story ever since I saw that damn Disney cartoon as a kid.

The language of that is so vague that it has been taken to mean literally the entire globe of land animals and it is a boat with nails and wood too. That by itself shows it to be impossible and wrong in interpretation of this context. The story might possibly be related to some sort of real event, but has interpreted differently over the years.

The Epic of Gilgamesh and most world religions have some sort of also true story, but something is history that occurs usually starts the foundation what otherwise is made into a supernatural story afterwards.

I am going to bring flood waters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.

You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.

...Nothing vague about that.

Oh, cool, an edgy Noah's ark movie. I'm game! But I've always wanted to see a modern King David, exploring some of the homosexual undertones with Jonathan. Maybe Noah will kick off a new age of the Biblical epic?

Blech. Religious figures are not interesting to me at all.

This sounds like an awesome idea. I personally don't believe in god but I've always loved the stories in the Bible. Noah's Ark and Samson were my favorites.

I can't wait to see who they cast as Noah, what the Ark will look like and how they're going to tell this story because I always thought it was pretty epic.

Oh, cool, an edgy Noah's ark movie. I'm game! But I've always wanted to see a modern King David, exploring some of the homosexual undertones with Jonathan. Maybe Noah will kick off a new age of the Biblical epic?

Well, I don't know about the homosexual undertones, but this might be something to check out if you haven't:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_(U.S._TV_series)

Blech. Religious figures are not interesting to me at all.
I can understand the religious aspect turning people off initially, but that mentality makes people miss out on/over look some truly great characters and stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"