Zombies Heading to The CW with "Awakening"

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
Now that they've flipped through The Vampire Diaries and conjured all things Supernatural, the CW is looking to dig up another genre fave: zombies.

The CW is developing a script for the hour-long drama Awakening, about two sisters who face off against one another just as a zombie uprising begins. (This being the CW, we can probably assume Awakening will boast the best-looking zombies in the history of the genre.)

William Laurin and Glenn Davis, whose credits include NBC's The Listener and Lifetime's Missing, wrote the script and brought it to Reveille, the production company behind The Office and Ugly Betty. Reveille then sold the script to the CW, with Warner Bros. TV also on board; the network will decide in the coming days if they want to order a pilot.

Awakening comes as zombies take on vampires as TV's new favorite undead. AMC's zombiefest The Walking Dead drew some of the network's best-ever ratings, and who can forget the Halloween episode of NBC's Community, which turned the cast into zombies.

And just in case you still don't believe a zombie vs. vampire apocalypse is nigh, NBC is developing a show from McG's company titled, naturally, Zombies vs. Vampires.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Zombies-Heading-CW-1028480.aspx?rss=object

I don't see how this will succeed but if they order a pilot i'll watch it just to see what it's like.

much like they attempted to ride the vampire craze from Twilight with Vampire Diaries, they want to do the same with Walking Dead

if this new show is more like Supernatural and not anywhere near Vampire Diaries then it has potential to be good

How about making something different instead CW? :rolleyes:

So what?? The sisters are enemies and then the world goes to hell as Zombies take over? Very basic.

CW continues to give me reasons to not watch the CW. Thanks!

I'll give it a look. Hopefully it's more in the vain of Supernatural and not any other of their programming. The last thing we need is them whining about their loves lives while their are zombies around.

I can't help but think the girls should be focusing on surviving the frickin' zombie apocalypse instead of their rivalry. You know, priorities.

I fear they will be the kind of characters I usually enjoy seeing devoured alive in zombie media.

I'll give it a look. Hopefully it's more in the vain of Supernatural and not any other of their programming. The last thing we need is them whining about their loves lives while their are zombies around.

I can't help but think the girls should be focusing on surviving the frickin' zombie apocalypse instead of their rivalry. You know, priorities.

I fear they will be the kind of characters I usually enjoy seeing devoured alive in zombie media.

high school drama in a zombie apocalypse :huh:

this has potential to be near Supernatural level. especially because it invovles siblings fighting against evil/demonic-like forces.

I sure hope so.

Plus, it's not like The Walking Dead tv series is the pillar of quality. There's room for more than one zombie show on television.

I think Aliens are already in.... V, the Event...and that new alien invasion series on TNT.

I hope for werewolves to get some attention not like Twilight wolves where they just look like oridinary wolves. Now they are just push overs or just plain uncommon or secondary.

they should do a series about the early beginnings of a Zombie outbreak. We always see the after effects, but never the slow process of the world being taken over.

I think Aliens are already in.... V, the Event...and that new alien invasion series on TNT.

Roswell was ahead of its time..go fig. Just liike Buffy was. TheWB already had everything thats going to be super popular today.

If they screw up the zombies like the plenty of bad zombie movies out there (think Day of the Dead remake) then there'll be hell to pay. :argh:

But seriously, I don't expect anything good from this series, but I'll give the pilot episode a look.

Screw this. Bring on Zombies vs. Vampires!!! The potential for pretentiousness is nil, and the potential for wanton silliness is high, thus making it far more appealing than two sisters fighting each other while zombies take over the work. And furthermore, "Awakening" is the stupidest title for anything zombie-related EVER. There's a quasi-romance novel taint to it that just turns me off.

Where are the Frankensteins? They gets no love.

With the latest details from Bloody-Disgusting, I no longer have any interest in this show:

Bill Laurin and Glenn Davis' hourlong spec centers on two combative sisters who come of age amid the beginning of a zombie uprising. Word has it that the series follows thousands of zombies living "normal lives" among the living (also known as the "pre-dead"). The two worlds collide and cause war between the living and the dead.

Zombies trying to live normal lives? What the ****? Zombies don't try to be normal and fit in, they ****ing eat people!

This isn't a zombie show at all. Count me among those not watching when this premieres.

That sounds terrible. With Smallville ending & once Supernatural eventually ends it seems like I am done with The CW

Bill Laurin and Glenn Davis' hourlong spec centers on two combative sisters who come of age amid the beginning of a zombie uprising. Word has it that the series follows thousands of zombies living "normal lives" among the living (also known as the "pre-dead"). The two worlds collide and cause war between the living and the dead. .

deanwhaa-1.gif

ok what???? So this is Zombies as in just the dead coming back to life instead of Zombies Zombies being brainless and just plain ol'hungry... They are just trying to use the Zombie name to get people to watch.

When this shows ends, they all will die by the hands of Sam and Dean. Let there be a crossover... and it will end bloody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"