Iron Fist David Wenham IS Harold Meachum

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
meachumironfist-178532.jpg

David Wenham (“The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King,” “300,” “Top of the Lake”) has joined the growing cast of the Netflix Original Series, “Marvel’s Iron Fist” as Harold Meachum.

A ruthless corporate leader, Harold Meachum was partners with Danny Rand’s parents at the time of their deaths. What role he plays in Danny’s past and future will be revealed over the course of the series.

“I’m very excited to have David as our Harold Meachum. David is capable of displaying raw, visceral strength as well as extremely keen intelligence,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Scott Buck. “This will add up to a character of complex depth who will keep us off balance all season."

"David brings both a vulnerability and a danger to his many diverse roles,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “This key quality creates a gravitas our series requires as Danny unravels the secrets behind Rand Enterprises

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26018/dav...inal_series_marvels_iron_fist?linkId=23329839

Last edited:
This is my job, Parker! :argh:

:oldrazz:

Nice to hear more casting. I assume filming must start soon

Interesting choice.

I've always liked Wenham, and I'm glad he's got a new gig lined up. Also, almost hard to believe he's 50 years old.

Apparently he also has a role in the fifth POTC movie.

This is my job, Parker! :argh:

:oldrazz:

Nice to hear more casting. I assume filming must start soon

Beat ya to it! :funny:

I heard it starts a week from today.

Last edited:
Interesting choice.

I've always liked Wenham, and I'm glad he's got a new gig lined up. Also, almost hard to believe he's 50 years old.

Apparently he also has a role in the fifth POTC movie.

I was surprised to find out he is 50 as well.

I wonder, for the sake of the series, will Meachum still have his legs amputated from back then?

We better have this moment:

033.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Who's betting that then ninja who kills Meachum in the last episode is a resurrected Elektra and this will be what kickstarts The Defenders? I'm also hoping that there is a Central Park fight against Steel Serpent but I hope that instead of Spider-Man helping out, it's Luke Cage and that's how Luke and Danny meet. This should be doable since we're not getting any Daredevil or Luke Cage next year since neither series is getting renewed until The Defenders hits anyway.

Plus Master Khan is an incredibly powerful villain. He's too big to waste on Iron Fist alone, especially in the first season.

Last edited:
IMO, I'd save Master Khan as a possibility for a future Defenders season just like I would The Hood.

I'd be more interested in Orson Randall for a second season of Iron Fist.

I would bet you dollars to donuts we never see Master Khan.

All indications are that Meachum is the central villain for season 1.

I would bet you dollars to donuts we never see Master Khan.

All indications are that Meachum is the central villain for season 1.

That doesn't prevent Master Khan from ever showing up though. I'm sure they plan to explore the mysticism more in later seasons and Master Khan could play a role in that.

BarryAllen, we won't see MasterKhan since he's arguably a racial stereotype and a yellow peril type of character.

Case in point, we never actually saw the "real" Mandarin in the Iron Man movies. We will never see Master Khan.

BarryAllen, we won't see MasterKhan since he's arguably a racial stereotype and a yellow peril type of character.

Case in point, we never actually saw the "real" Mandarin in the Iron Man movies. We will never see Master Khan.

If they can update Cornell Cottonmouth and Black Mariah for Luke Cage and avoid racial stereotypes, they can do the same for Master Khan. It really isn't difficult with good writing.

The "real" Mandarin is a different case. That was just a tease that Marvel never plans on falling through with, and they only did that little one-shot because some fans got ******** about the way Ben Kingsley was set up to be this epic villain and it turned out to be a joke. That's a totally different scenario.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"