Iron Fist Jessica Stroup IS Joy Meachum

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
“90210” alum Jessica Stroup has been cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist” on Netflix, Variety has learned exclusively. Tom Pelphrey (“Banshee,” “Guiding Light”) has also been cast in the upcoming superhero series.
Stroup will play the series regular role of Joy Meachum. Pelphrey will play her on-screen brother, Ward Meachum.

The duo joins the title star Finn Jones (“Game of Thrones”), who will play Danny Rand/Iron Fist; Jessica Henwick, who will co-star as Colleen Wing; and David Wenham, who will play Harold Meachum, the father to Joy (Stroup) and Ward (Pelphrey).

The children of Harold Meachum (Wenham), Joy and Ward have spent their lives building Rand Enterprises to its current standing in the world, only to have all their work put in jeopardy when Danny returns to claim his birthright. They are childhood acquaintances of Danny Rand’s who now play an important role in Rand Enterprises.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” follows Jones’ Danny Rand as he returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist. “Dexter” alum Scott Buck will serve as showrunner.

Stroup and Pelphrey are the final two series regulars to be cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist.”

Stroup starred on the CW’s “90210” reboot, plus Fox’s Kevin Bacon vehicle “The Following.” She is repped by ICM.

Variety

Nice to see more cast members being announced. Figured we'd get something today since they started filming

Nice to hear more casting! The bit about them being childhood friends with Danny should bring some nice drama.

57154f7e42837.jpg

I thought she was great despite what she was given.

I thought she was great despite what she was given.

Yeah i rather enjoyed her- and it's like u said, the material might have been questionable but she still showed her acting 'chops'. There's an ease she has about her that i found interesting and 'different' that made me respond to her.

Then again, one of my main complaints was they spent excessive time on the Meachum's in general-- and I honestly would have been just fine w/out any of them. The material just didn't make me care for ei of them. With that said, I still liked the actress and wouldn't mind seeing more of her w/better material.

she's a likable actress. Though she wasn't my favourite from 90210.

The Meachum's ended up being one of my favorite parts. Not so much in how they were used, but the characters themselves were rather interesting. Some good stuff there.

I actually liked Jessica Stroup a lot even though I didn't care that much for the Meachum family plotline. I didn't think Joy was always written well, especially at the end of the season, but I thought Jessica Stroup was wonderful and played her part nicely.

I liked her. She seemed like a nice girl. I'm a bit sad she was entertaining the thought of killing Danny when she was so against murder and always wanted to do the right thing.

Agreed. Hopefully they will improve her character and have her come to her senses in the next season. I liked Joy because she seemed basically well-intentioned, and because Jessica Stroup is a likable actress who did a good job with the material given to her, even when the material wasn't great. If they could improve her material, I'd appreciate it. I'd love to see Joy take some more self-defense training from Colleen, like she was starting to do in one of the early episodes.

I'm still mind-boggled by the sudden turn in that epilogue. It made no sense from a narrative perspective. IMHO that's bad storytelling and bad writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"