• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it need a more added to the title. IMO if this Franchise was building up to a trilogy why not just call the 3rd Movie Planet of the Apes.

Because the original is called POTA. From a marketing standpoint, they can't really sell the entire series in a box set and have two movies in that set have the exact same title.

And like i mentioned before, i'd like to think that these new movies lead into the original POTA movie. The POTA title implies that the apes have completely taken over and are in charge. That hasn't happened yet.

Didnt realize people here didnt really like Godzilla...

anyway do you guys think the same human characters will return and/or there will be a timeskip

I'd prefer a time skip. I'd like to see Caesar really old, and the apes more strategically militarized; that along with the humans contemplating wiping out the apes via a nuclear strike, as it was implied in the original Heston movie

Last edited:

anyway do you guys think the same human characters will return and/or there will be a timeskip

Have you been to the godzilla thread after the film came out? The hate for it far out ways us few it seems that loved it.

As for returning humans for the time skip, I don't think so. I dunno why but I just don't see it happening after no returning characters from rise. Feel like they start with fresh human characters for each film. Is Reeves confirmed to come back though to direct?

Have you been to the godzilla thread after the film came out? The hate for it far out ways us few it seems that loved it.

As for returning humans for the time skip, I don't think so. I dunno why but I just don't see it happening after no returning characters from rise. Feel like they start with fresh human characters for each film. Is Reeves confirmed to come back though to direct?

Nah I havent been in the thread pass when I posted my review

Im pretty sure Reeves has confirmed to direct. Im fine with the humans not returning though. I hope they follow a soldier or something next time

Oh and I still do not get how some of you guys think these films or want these films connected to the originals. Especially considering we know these films now take place during modern times. We saw Bloomberg and Obama in the intro credits. We know it's modern day etc I don't possibly see how it can be connected to the older films. Seems odd to me.

Because the original is called POTA. From a marketing standpoint, they can't really sell the entire series in a box set and have two movies in that set have the exact same title.

And like i mentioned before, i'd like to think that these new movies lead into the original POTA movie. The POTA title implies that the apes have completely taken over and are in charge. That hasn't happened yet.

Well they could, no-ones going to get confused between the two in a box set, especially with 40 years separating the two movies sharing the same title.

I don't know they didn't have Franco come back for this one so they could go either way.

Oh and I still do not get how some of you guys think these films or want these films connected to the originals. Especially considering we know these films now take place during modern times. We saw Bloomberg and Obama in the intro credits. We know it's modern day etc I don't possibly see how it can be connected to the older films. Seems odd to me.

I dont want it to match up with the original. Or at least I dont care either way.

But if they do want to do it, they could do a Bates Motel-esque thing where the events of the first film still, most likely happen, but the timeline just gets moved.

But as I said I dont care either way

Yeah I could care less, I just don't see the point in them doing that.

Well they could, no-ones going to get confused between the two in a box set, especially with 40 years separating the two movies sharing the same title.

Actually 3. Burtons film was also called POTA.

I dont want it to match up with the original. Or at least I dont care either way.

But if they do want to do it, they could do a Bates Motel-esque thing where the events of the first film still, most likely happen, but the timeline just gets moved.

But as I said I dont care either way

The new movies could still work with both the original and 'Beneath'. 'Escape' is when the timeline is changed anyway….

Um Hollywood has released box sets with the same name as the original as the original before it's not that uncommon.

Maybe The Planet of the Apes is a good enough alternative.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Planet of the Apes.

Eh, i guess we'll just have to wait and see. I still think War of the Planet of the Apes makes for the best title.

The problem i have with simply calling the next movie POTA, is that the planet doesn't belong to the apes…………... yet.

Eh, i guess we'll just have to wait and see. I still think War of the Planet of the Apes makes for the best title.

The problem i have with simply calling the next movie POTA, is that the planet doesn't belong to the apes…………... yet.

I agree with all of this. When Caesar says "War has already begun", it just made sense.

The people said that there was a sequence at the end of the credits but my theater didn't have any.

Superb film though give my review later.

Looks like I won't be able to see it until tomorrow. :(

The people said that there was a sequence at the end of the credits but my theater didn't have any.

Superb film though give my review later.

It's purely an audio thing, you have to listen carefully. I could here it because my friends and I were literally the only people left in the cinema. :p But it's there.

This is true but the 2nd Movie had what
A 10-15 Year time jump. Not crazy in thinking the 3rd movie can't do that

Was kinda disappointed that Judy Greer didnt have much to do

and damn I just found out that the dude who played Ash was Doc Shaw from that god awful Disney show Pair of Kings and that Tyler Perry show
DocShaw.jpg

You mean having another time jump? I actually want that but i assume it takes the apes 100's of years to completely eradicate humans as a threat, as oppose to a decade or two.

No scene at the end of my screening's credits. Just some sound effects of an ape call and what sounded like rubble being moved and maybe running water. Not entirely sure what im supposed to take away from that, but I have a guess that
Koba is alive and could possibly return.

This was a fantastic movie! 10/10 It deserves the praise it is getting and then some on top of that. I never thought I would love and feel for cgi characters the way I do for Caesar, his family, and Maurice. Caesar especially. He's just so damn good and you can really root for him. I really really hope we get to see him in the next movie. I will be buying this on blu-ray the day it comes out and I cant wait for the next film!

Its been a pretty good summer. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow, Winter Soldier, Xmen DOFP all made me happy.

Last edited:

Yeah it's been roughly [BLACKOUT]10 years Maurice says it's been about 10 winters now, and about 2 since they had last seen any humans[/BLACKOUT].

I'd like to see another time jump with a new set of human characters, advanced speech from the apes, and maybe moving them to a different location besides San Francisco.

I'd also like to see what's going on in other countries besides the U.S.

I can't remember but did the original series take places solely in the U.S?

No scene at the end of my screening's credits. Just some sound effects of an ape call and what sounded like rubble being moved and maybe running water. Not entirely sure what im supposed to take away from that, but I have a guess that
Koba is alive and could possibly return.

ugh :down: to that idea.

Is it true that there will be an extended cut on the blu-ray? I thought I read that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"