DC Animated films in development

I have a question...I've heard of the New Frontier but what is it actually about anyway? And was that Catwoman Batman Beyond episode actually made and if so are there any pics?

hammerhedd11 said:
I have a question...I've heard of the New Frontier but what is it actually about anyway? And was that Catwoman Batman Beyond episode actually made and if so are there any pics?

I'm not sure about the Catwoman episode, but info about New Frontier can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC:_The_New_Frontier

The series was an epic DC super-hero crossover reminiscent of Kingdom Come and The Golden Age. Like The Golden Age, it sought to tell a story which bridged the gap between the end of the golden and the start of the silver age of comic books in the DC Universe.

The series did not carry the Elseworlds imprint, leaving the reader to decide how to handle its continuity. The story was clearly set in the late 1950s (with a cameo by President Eisenhower and references to the atomic testing of that era) and presented Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and their contemporaries as active since the late 1930s and early 1940s, when their original stories were first published.

During the course of the story, these now much older characters encounter the new 1950s generation of heroes, such as the Barry Allen Flash and the Martian Manhunter, without reference to the concepts of Earth-One and Earth-Two which were introduced in the original comics (see Crisis on Infinite Earths for more on these concepts).

I've read New Frontier, and it's fantastic.

WallCrawl said:
Yeah. It's easily one of the best stories to be published by DC in a long time.

hammerhedd11 said:
And was that Catwoman Batman Beyond episode actually made and if so are there any pics?
A script was written, but it never got approved. I wish there were some character designs or anything out there.

WallCrawl said:
I'm not sure about the Catwoman episode, but info about New Frontier can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC:_The_New_Frontier

The series was an epic DC super-hero crossover reminiscent of Kingdom Come and The Golden Age. Like The Golden Age, it sought to tell a story which bridged the gap between the end of the golden and the start of the silver age of comic books in the DC Universe.

The series did not carry the Elseworlds imprint, leaving the reader to decide how to handle its continuity. The story was clearly set in the late 1950s (with a cameo by President Eisenhower and references to the atomic testing of that era) and presented Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and their contemporaries as active since the late 1930s and early 1940s, when their original stories were first published.

During the course of the story, these now much older characters encounter the new 1950s generation of heroes, such as the Barry Allen Flash and the Martian Manhunter, without reference to the concepts of Earth-One and Earth-Two which were introduced in the original comics (see Crisis on Infinite Earths for more on these concepts).

Oh, wait I have read this! This will be an awesome movie!:eek:

dnno1 said:
You gave a very good rebuttal in your last post, but I have to object to your implication that Rotten Tomatoes and their rating system trully represents the tastes of the average moviegoing public. All their polling system does is report what the agregate of reviewers who post on the Internet think about the movies they watch without regard for weather or not they fall in the demographic of the target market (I don't even know if they can verify if the reviewers actually watched any of the films or not). If you really want a good staticstical feel of what the average movie goer thinks about a film, you will need to sample actual movie goers that are in the demographic that is targeted for a paticular film (i.e. you don't get a guy's opinion on a chick-flick). Case in point, the film X-Men: The Last Stand got a 57% consensus on their poll but yet outgrossed its other two predecessors. So much for their credibility. Also you should know better than to believe anything that comes from the makers of Fox News anyway.
Box Office does not indicate quality. If that were the case then X3 is also better than Saving Private Ryan (a movie that is of such quality when it runs on network it is not alloud to be censored), A Few Good Men, The Matrix, As Good as it Gets, The Exorcist, Rainman, Gladiator, Big and Saturday Night Fever to name a few. It is also important to note that while X3 was boosted by a huge weekend gross, it also had the biggest falloff in numbers history. Garnering a mere 34.6 million next weekend. Suggesting that it had few repeat viewers if any. So their crediblity is still intact I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"