DC Entertainment to Announce Its Superhero Line-Up

Warner Bros Pics Dates DC Films
Nikki Finke said:
UPDATED:
Oh ye of little faith. Granted, the dates don’t exactly line up with what I reported on June 12th but nearly everyone agrees that the titles are still right: Batman v Superman, Shazam, Sandman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Flash And Green Lantern (team-up), Man Of Steel 2 in that order. (There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie but that project fell off the schedule I received back then.) It turned out that Warner Bros Pictures and DC Entertainment weren’t ready by Comic-Con to announce the future schedule. In the meantime, they’ve have had the benefit of learning Marvel’s future movie schedule. Today, Warner Bros Pictures announced that Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice moves from May 6, 2016 to March 25, 2016, to avoid Marvel’s Captain America 3. Because we all know the cinematic superhero universe would end if those blockbusters battled against each other.

The WB sked looks like this:
  • March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    August 5, 2016 – Untitled DC Film
    June 23, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
    November 17, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
    March 23, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
    May 25, 2018 – Untitled Lego Movie
    July 27, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
    November 16, 2018 – Untitled WB Event Film
    April 5, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
    May 24, 2019 – Untitled Lego film
    June 14, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
    April 3, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
    June 19, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
    November 20, 2020 – Untitled WB Event Film

And Marvel’s schedule is here:
  • May 1, 2015 – The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    July 17, 2015 - Ant-Man
    May 6, 2016 - Captain America 3
    July 8, 2016 - Doctor Strange
    May 5, 2017 – Untitled Marvel film
    July 28, 2017 - Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
    November 3, 2017 – Untitled Marvel film
    May 4, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
    July 6, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
    November 2, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
    May 3, 2019 – Untitled Marvel film

Thats a lot!

So 10 DC movies starting from 2016 to 2020! Wooh I'm ready!

And I think the "event film" is probably for Fantastic Beasts not DC.

I'm ready for this so hard. But someone needs to twist Dwayne's nipples until they tie Shazam into the DCCU.

So, DC moved first.

DC looked into the Abyss and when Cap3 looked back, they blinked.

DC's move is probably for the best and of course less wait for us viewers!

Yep! Who cares who moved. It just makes my weekend less crowded.

So much for Finke's scoop…

I wonder what the August 2016 release is going to be. Probably Shazam and Sandman is one of the 2017 releases. Damn, that's a long wait. :csad:

Wow the pressure is on for BvS. If they screw that up there will undoubtedly be major implications for that schedule.

I wonder if those lower budget Team 7 and Suicide Squad movies are part of the lineup.

BAD:
Warner Bros Reveals Their DC Movies Release Dates
Devin Faraci said:
I'd place money on the June 2017 movie being Justice League, and Justice League 2 being the June 2020 movie, but what about everything else?

The Wrap:
Warner Bros. Blinks in Marvel Showdown: ‘Batman v Superman’ Avoids ‘Captain America 3'
Jeff Sneider and Todd Cunningham said:
A Warner Bros. insider explained the decision thusly: “Not flinching – it's a fantastic corridor for us.”

Indeed, March is becoming an increasingly popular month to release tentpoles, and “The Hunger Games” is just one example of a recent blockbuster movie that has opened in late March.

Another individual familiar with the studio's thinking said that WB had the confidence to make such a move because Disney and Marvel have had success in creating new corridors for their comic book movies “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” (early April) and “Guardians of the Galaxy” (early August).

Meanwhile, Warner Bros. has traditionally seen November as a launch pad for its “Harry Potter” movies, and it's possible that the two “event films” referenced below are sequels to J.K. Rowling‘s spinoff “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” which WB will release on Nov. 18, 2016. Several months ago, the New York Times reported that Warner Bros. wanted to turn “Fantastic Beasts” into a trilogy of “megamovies.”

THR:
Warner Bros. dates no fewer than nine untitled DC Comics titles all the way through June 2020.
Pamela McClintock said:
That means two superhero movies a year from Warner Bros., beginning in 2016.

With the move, Warners and DC are essentially declaring war on Marvel and Disney, which have been the most prolific suppliers of superhero titles.

Warners also laid claim to Nov. 16, 2018, and Nov. 20, 2020, likely for the second and third installments in J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts triology (the first film hits theaters in 2016).

Here are my predictions:
Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice-3/25/16
Shazam!-8/5/16
Justice League-6/23/17
Wonder Woman-11/17/17
Sandman-3/23/18
Man of Steel 2-7/27/18
Green Lantern/Flash-4/05/19
The Batman-6/14/19
Wonder Woman 2-4/03/20
Justice League 2-6/19/20

And the two "WB event films" are likely the Harry Potter spin-offs.

Originally Posted by Pamela McClintock
That means two superhero movies a year from Warner Bros., beginning in 2016.

bpR3c5P.gif

:awesome:

I would be happy if even half of those movies happen.

One of those had better be a WW movie. Seriously, if she STILL cannot get one, then that'll just be pathetic on WB's part. One of them is also likely Shazam and another is all but certainly JL.

'Batman v Superman' versus 'Captain America': The superhero showdown that everybody won
Jeff Labrecque said:
“The reality now is there really isn’t a bad week to open a movie,” says Dan Fellman, Warner Bros.’ president of domestic distribution. “If you look at the summer box office this year, you can see that there were so many movies, one after the other. You can start with Spider-Man, two weeks later Godzilla, and then Maleficent, and then Edge of Tomorrow, and then Jump Street and Transformers. And the one thing they all had in common, not one of them did over $250 million. We’ll be the first one up [in 2016], which is very important, and we’ll have six weeks before Captain America comes in.”

Fellman says that some of those untitled DC movies should begin to be announced later this month—Shazam?—and that the first real Justice League adventure might be closer than you think. Might they build on the momentum of Dawn of Justice in 2016 with a quick sequel incorporating more classic characters, rather than waiting the traditional two or three years? “While it hasn’t been officially announced,” teases Fellman. “I think it’s a pretty good bet.”

Here are my predictions:
Shazam!-8/5/16
Justice League-6/23/17
Wonder Woman-11/17/17
Sandman-3/23/18
Man of Steel 2-7/27/18
The Batman-6/14/19
Wonder Woman 2-4/03/20
Justice League 2-6/19/20

Batman is the one of, if not the, surest bets WB has right now. I'm not saying I can do better than your list, but I would be surprised if they waited until 2019 for the next solo Bat film.

Here are my predictions:
Shazam!-8/5/16
Justice League-6/23/17
Wonder Woman-11/17/17
Sandman-3/23/18
Man of Steel 2-7/27/18
The Batman-6/14/19
Wonder Woman 2-4/03/20
Justice League 2-6/19/20

Seems reasonable, but I'd switch Shazam and Wonder Woman. Since Wondy is going to have a reasonably meaningful role in BvS, they're going to want her solo film to ride the tail of whatever popularity the character gains from the team up. It would be the perfect time to tell her origin as well if they don't do so in BvS. Waiting two years instead of one would be almost foolish - especially since Shazam will likely have no bearing on the plot of BvS or Justice League.

Other than that, your predictions are perfect!

Seems reasonable, but I'd switch Shazam and Wonder Woman. Since Wondy is going to have a reasonably meaningful role in BvS, they're going to want her solo film to ride the tail of whatever popularity the character gains from the team up. It would be the perfect time to tell her origin as well if they don't do so in BvS. Waiting two years instead of one would be almost foolish - especially since Shazam will likely have no bearing on the plot of BvS or Justice League.

Other than that, your predictions are perfect!

No one knows how much WW is going to be in BvS, dropping WW after JL would be a much better idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"