DC's most influential Superhero

fangrl06

Sidekick
Reaction score
DC comics has been known to create characters who not only change comics, but the world around them. Which of these three has done it the best:
Superman-First really popular comic character, introduced the world to Superheroes.
Wonder Woman-First really popular heroine. She showed the world that women can be just as strong or stronger than men.
Batman-He made the comic book world darker. They were no longer just for kids.

I believe every comic fan should thank God for Batman for giving comics a certain level of reality, but Superman is more influential because he's the first superhero and his comparisons to Jesus.

probably Batman cause in 18 years I've been alive there've been all the Batman films released.

bat89 said:
I believe every comic fan should thank God for Batman for giving comics a certain level of reality, but Superman is more influential because he's the first superhero and his comparisons to Jesus.

It pisses me off when people compare Superman to Jesus. If you had to compare his origin to any biblical character (which honestly I don't like to do) is Moses since his parents sent him away to save his life (like Moses' parents did to him so that he wouldn't be killed by the Pharoah). Then he was found by the Kents.

Superman. he aint the flagship superhero for nuthin.

besides, as was already mentioned he was the first superhero. he is not only DC's most influential but for the entire comic book industry as a whole.

Batman.

Superman was the first, obviously, but Batman was the one, I think, to really give the hero a lot of depth and intrigue. He showed that the character was as important as the powers, and that the villains could be just as legendary as the hero.

Im a bigger Superman fan, but I have to go with Batman.

Superman invented the concept of the super-hero. I can't think of any act more influential than that.

Parker said:
Superman invented the concept of the super-hero. I can't think of any act more influential than that.

:up:

I'm a bigger Batman fan, but I got to go with Superman on this one.

It is without a doubt, Superman. Without the success of Superman, DC never would have wanted another superhero and never would have hired Kane and Finger who went on to create Batman. No Batman means no Robin or dark brooding type heros. No Robin means no teenage sidekicks and if they didnt exist then they weren't around for Stan Lee to hate so Spider-Man would probably have been a very different character today. Okay, that last one is probaby a bit of a stretch, I'll admit. But you get what I'm trying to say, right? It's the snowball effect. Without the one key event to get the ball rolling, the rest never happens. In this case Superman is that key event. Just my opinion though...

Superman.

Why?
-first superhero, actually put the "SUPER" in SUPERhero.
-most consistently popular superhero ever
-an icon not only for DC and comics as a whole, but also the USA

I think Superman no doubt had an impact on comic books, but I think Wonder Woman has not only changed comic books, but she changed the world around us. We had out raged men saying that a woman should never behave in such a manner, but Wonder Woman continued to grow in popularity. Now we have Tomb Raider, Supergirl, Spider-girl(can't think of many more but it's a start).

Batman fan, but gotta pick Superman in this one. Superman is the Superhero. Batman is really Macgyver-Sherlock Holmes in a cape, not truly a Superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"