Fox/DC Moving forward with Gotham Central TV show, will focus on Commisioner Gordon

At least it's not on the CW so it might actually look good? I still don't trust Fox that much I think anything Batman related would be better served on on cable. 22 episodes is too much content to have to churn out every season.

I was talking about myself, which was obvious because I posted a self quote...what is wrong with you
I'm perfectly fine. you seem pretty wound up though.
You obviously have comprehension problems or are choosing to pick what you want to understand, but simply bringing up Whedon is obviously not what I'm talking about, it's bringing in completely unrelated crap into this thread concerning rights and characters you obviously know nothing about and have an opinion on based completely off of pettiness.
i was talking about whedon. he's directing the movie. the discussion, which YOU have prolonged, james williams bottomtooth,
was about the characters he's having in the movie, james williams bottomtooth.

Wow, how about you wait and see how the plot works?? There's seriously something wrong with you if you can't comprehend what constructing a story entails.You don't know if they don't have anything to do with Ultron, because you have not seen the script or movie.
again I'm fine, thanks for your concern mr.bottomtooth. and yes I'll wait, but until then, can you recommend any comic books that would alluded to any history those three characters might have together, since the twins history seems so important regarding their inclusion into that franchise.

It's already clear you're simply set against them being in the movie and are finding any way to delude yourself into thinking Whedon and Marvel are simply doing this to stick it to Fox.
I'm actually not, dr.freud, because there isn't anything i can do about whedon including quicksilver in the film. it isn't as if fox didn't have the chance to include him before, and it isn't as if wb didn't have a chance to make a flash movie.

"Whedon said they're only in it for their powers!! Oh that's not it? Well they they have nothing to do with Ultron!!!" You've already exposed yourself.
exposed myself as what? someone who used common sense about ulrton and the twins, and someone who some how manage to process the information straight from whedon's mouth?

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon...e-avengers-and-much-ado-about-nothing/n37370/

That is not even the point or what I'm getting at. Nor am I one of those who even think he never had him in the script. But it's easy to see how people take it the wrong way when he waited till they were 2-3 months into production to cast a character just two weeks after Whedon announced the same character was in his movie. Sucks for Singer, but that's how it goes. And that's not the only or even primary reason Singer is getting flack, regardless of if that's how you want to play it off as.
what is he getting flack for if it isn't about quicksilver exactly? making the best x-mens films aside from first class?

The Quicksilver in his movie is pretty much nothing like the one from the comics whatsoever beyond superspeed, and he will clearly have little more than 5-10 minutes of screentime. Singer set himself up for criticism and it's well warranted.
i haven't seen AoU yet, but somehow you've manage to watch days of future past. be honest, are you kitty pride?

"Honorable thing"?? Right. There's a reason Marvel has the rights to the twins and it's because the vast majority of their history in the comics lies with the Avengers.
marvel can use them as can fox, minister of truth.

The only reason Fox has rights to them is because they're mutants.
which they bought, from marvel.
If Fox gave a crap about being "honorable" then they wouldn't be trying to use characters who have very little establish history with their related film franchise.
if fox had any "honor" they should not make anymore movies so that the rights can go back to marvel. who cares if they paid marvel money for those characters? amirite?:whatever:
..but it's not about that.
no?
If a studio has rights to use a character then they can use them.
which marvel and fox have, but singer is the jerk in this equation.
[ And it's clear Fox doesn't care about the history of the twins given what Quicksilver is in DOFP, and a lot of that is because they can't use most of their history.
its a film about many characters, as is AoU. it's not an 8 hour epic about the lives of the twins. they don't need "most of their history" to care about their history.

Yes just ignore the context behind everything I posted. As I said explicitly there, my point is that Magento being their father is IRRELEVANT to the twin's history with the Avengers and their classic portrayal
really, so they disown their father whenever they go "avenge"

And what the hell does continuity even have to do with any of this? The MCU is in a completely different continuity from the comics. Don't use terms you don't understand.
and yet you keep rambling on about their history with the avengers. go figure.

Now I'm done with you
you've took the time to write theses in response to my posts. i don't believe you, mr.bottomtooth.

But only people who knew what they were talking about and read the comics would understand this, so I don't expect you to and I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you again.

because it's clear you don't know what you're talking about on a multitude of levels and likely aren't cooth enough to admit it and accept someone who DOES know what they're talking about correcting you.
i know enough to form my own opinion and if that bothers you, it makes me extremely happy given with tone of your posts.

Wasn't Gordon originally a mid-career transplant from Chicago? Is that still accepted as continuity?
In this version, is he born and raised in Gotham?
Is Gotham established as a part of a particular state in the USA? Some people say this isn't important, but I think it is. Some of the contexts of the goings-on in Gotham would be different if it were in New York/Jersey, New England, the upper midwest, mid-Atlantic, Southern California, Pacific Northwest, etc.

Gordon did come from chicago but you can still say he was relatively early in his career when he got to Gotham? He was a lieutenant I believe upon arriving in Gotham.

I don't think this show is planning to depict Gordon as just a beat cop? as he would have started in chicago.

He could be a Sergeant at first, like in the Nolan films. Lieutenant works to.

I thought the pitch clearly stated that Gordon would be 'detective'! If I'm not wrong, that's after beat cop and before Sergeant?

I don't see how they can do a show with Batman villains while leaving Batman out of it. It just doesn't make sense. And Gordon has never struck me as interesting enough to carry his own stories - he's a great supporting character for sure, but not as the hero of his own book or TV series.

This makes me nervous. They have a decent thing going with Arrow and a great sounding thing with Flash. Why this?

This sounds boring. Why bother making this tv show based in Gotham, and the DC universe, if there's no focus on superheroes? They might as well just make another cop show like CSI or whatever set in the real world. Seems like just using it to get comic book nerds to watch it because it's "based on" comic books.

Because Gordon is a really good character with a compelling story. Honestly, I don't get how comic book fans cannot be interested in or excited by this. I'm pretty sure one of the "would be cool but will probably never happen" scenarios Batman fans used to talk about is a story set around Gordon's life in Gotham pre-Batman. There's a lot of great stuff to mine.

The people behind Arrow said there would never be superpowers. Now they'll have the Flash in the second season.

The people behind this Gotham PD show say Batman won't appear. I assume that Batman will be a presence on the show by season 2. He might not ever be seen, and they could even get away without ever saying "Batman", but you better believe he will exist in their universe.

There are some good stories to tell about Gordon without Batman, but the whole X factor for the Gotham PD that makes it interesting is the "supervillains", and without Batman running around, there just wouldn't be that many costumed freaks. I don't want a show where we see Gordon take on the Falcone family every week, and I don't think that's how it's going to wind up playing out. I'm not expecting to see big hitters like Bane or Joker pop up every week either, but if Gordon's biggest problems are internal corruption and the ordinary mafia, the show won't be able to maintain interest for long.

That's a completely different situation. DC doesn't want Batman on television. At all. That's a higher up decision. The showrunners decided Arrow should be grounded, and whe DC wanted a Flash companion made, that went out the window.

Do not expect Batman to show up in any season of this. It's not happening.

And everyone keeps talking about supervillains, that logline never said anything about supevillains, it said exploring the villains that made Gotham famous. That can literally mean ANYTHING. The mob families, crooked cops, pre-Riddler Edward Nigma, Cobblepot, Callenderman, and any number of mob-related villains that were established before Batman showed up in the first place.

This sounds boring. Why bother making this tv show based in Gotham, and the DC universe, if there's no focus on superheroes? They might as well just make another cop show like CSI or whatever set in the real world. Seems like just using it to get comic book nerds to watch it because it's "based on" comic books.

If this was going to be Gotham Central, and they fully embraced that book, I'd be all for it. But I got a nagging feeling this will be more Smallville.

Gordon is my favorite Batman protagonist so I'm okay with this. Just hope it's not afraid to go a little fantasy at times with the world and villains. Comic books and superheroes really do seem to be getting bigger than ever before! On the small and big screen!

If this was going to be Gotham Central, and they fully embraced that book, I'd be all for it. But I got a nagging feeling this will be more Smallville.

I think what made GC work was that they were sort of working as the alternative to batman and how batman affected them.

With Batman out of the picture entirely that changes the dynamics so much.

I hope Thomas and Martha show up as supporting characters.

Maybe the mob tries taking down Thomas and we get to see how he and Martha met.

I'd rather they set it in the years where Bruce is away, honing his skills, but it doesn't really matter to me.

I'd be more interested in this if the people behind the Shield(the quality cop show, not that crap that came out last week) were producing this instead of the Mentalist writers.

If that is what they are doing we'll have Bats in s2 or 3.

I'd be more interested in this if the people behind the Shield(the quality cop show, not that crap that came out last week) were producing this instead of the Mentalist writers.

The fact that the Mentalist writers are behind it kind of gives me hope.

There's no point of using the DCU instead of a regular cop drama if you aren't going to do some weird stuff.

Mixing the idea of "The Following" on Fox in tone. I mean, you could easily turn the Mad Hatter into a more Red John type figure over a season. Kidnapping young women. Divide that up with regular cop drama stuff and mob episodes would be great.

I hope the timeline is pre-Bruce by like three years. Have the birth of Bruce Wayne be like at the end of season 2 so if the series runs five to eight years, you see the "Smallville" type education of Bruce.

End the series with Thomas and Martha's death.

If that is what they are doing we'll have Bats in s2 or 3.
Why?? Bruce goes off and trains from when he's 12 years old at least to when he's a young man in his 20's. We would never have to see him.

Why?? Bruce goes off and trains from when he's 12 years old at least to when he's a young man in his 20's. We would never have to see him.

Good point.

I really do not want to have Bruce Wayne in the show, as it would divert attention from Gordon and the regulars.

Depending on when the series takes place, I wouldn't mind if Bruce was in it. If Thomas and Martha are alive and well, I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing about him every now and again. However, if they're long dead, I don't want to see him unless they're actively looking to introduce Batman onto the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"