EVERYONE! I want a Wonder Woman animated movie. Here are my ideas

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
DC Comics, with the help of WB Animation, is producing the three already known DTVs that was announced at Comic Con '06. Those films are Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier & New Teen Titans: Judas Contract. It's also been told that after those films, they will go on to make a movies each on Wonder Woman, The Flash & Green Lantern. I believe each, as I'm assuming.

Now I would love a, no, I WANT a Wonder Woman animated movie. She is as important as everyone in comics and deserves her place as DCU Hero #3 next to Superman & Batman. Technically I have two requests: one is one movie idea and the other is a trilogy. Below are my requests I want to share including the reasons why I want it to be.

My first request is that I would like a Wonder Woman animated movie that is based, not on one particular arc, but the entire run by Greg Rucka. Specifically, his run from issues 195-217. The reason why I want this as a movie is also the reason why the movie would be perfect for audiences (comic and non-comic book fans alike): Rucka's run did the great job of showing readers why Wonder Woman is important in the first place and why she is of the Big Three. The whole series went about her ideals, whom she fights with, whom she lives with, and why she is who she is. I got on the series because of Rucka's run and I'm still here with OYL. If Rucka showed why Wonder Woman is important because of his run, the same woukld happen again with a movie based on his work in those issues.

If this one movie idea is choosen, there should be things added or changed to avoid confusion to non-comic book readers. All references of Infinite Crisis should be eliminated and Hippolyta should be alive and well and still as queen of the island.

My second request is something I also feel should be done to give Wonder Woman more media under her name since she only has a few compared to others like Superman & Batman which have so much more. My second request is not one, but a trilogy of Wonder Woman movies.

- The first movie is the first two arcs Perez did for Wonder Woman's reboot back in '87 which is what got the character out of a jam (sorta speak). It should also include more issues like the world and the women of paradise island meeting for the first time and ending with the island revealed and now open to the world. The reason why the movie should be about those two arcs, Gods and Mortals & Challenge of the Gods, and other issues is because that is her origin. Gods & Mortals is Part 1 while Challenge of the Gods is the second part. And that is proven as things from Part 2 relate back to Part 1. So you can't have one without the other.

- The second movie has actually two choices: the first idea is a prequel of sorts with Hippolyta as Wonder Woman during World War II, meeting Diana Trevor (whom will name her daughter afterwards) and kinda set up her as the first female superhero that ends up setting up the future feminist movements. The second idea is based on Alex Ross' Spirit of Truth book EXTENDED to movie length format.

The reason why I would like a movie on the Hipployta Wonder Woman is because it gives a different look and feel and also because it shows that Hippolyta is much of a heroine as her daughter is, and where she learned from. Mother and daughter type of deal. And the reason why I would like a extended Spirit of Truth movie is because it shows her more human than a super powered being and it gives her an insight on the world that her as an ambassador can't see.

- I don't have to explain the third one because I already said what I wanted and its actually what the first request is: the Rucka run. So for the third film in the trilogy idea, the Rucka-based movie should be the third movie from the trilogy.

The Greg Rucka run film should be titled WONDER WOMAN: DOWN TO EARTH. And the titles for the trilogy should be WONDER WOMAN: THE AMAZING AMAZON, for the Hippolyta as Wonder Woman: WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE, the extended Ross book should eb the same title as the book: WONDER WOMAN: SPIRIT OF TRUTH. And again, the third one is Rucka's run and I already said it.

That's all I want to say. Again, I REALLY, REALLY want an animated Wonder Woman movie or movies. There are many reasons and those are my ideas.

Thoughts?

P.S. The trilogy idea is actually good for the live action trilogy version.

Very interesting ideas.....Perhaps Lynda Carter as Hippolyta?????

These would be the ideal ways to get your favorite actress to play WW if she's not quite up to specs for the live action movie.

They can be animated (I REALLY want that) or live acted (ranked as second in my mind). I really want DC to know this but even though this is posted on the DC message boards, I still want to contact them DIRECTLY.

Don't know how though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"