DC TV Series DCTV should have more shows that connect with the DCEU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Similar to how Marvel on Disney Plus now is making more shows well mini series that fit into the MCU shared universe continuity (Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Wandavision, Loki, She Hulk, Moon Knight, etc) and further intertwine/interconnect to the MCU, DC should do the same by introducing more of their heroes but through this streaming service. If they do that, DC's streaming service can surpass that of even Marvel.

Y'know, in an ideal world I'd love to see a DC cinematic universe and a DC TV universe, all superb quality and all seamlessly interconnected. But WB/DC are still concentrating on hitting the right notes with their movies, never mind trying to expand that universe into TV as well. Plus, I've seen Marvel accused of just paying lip service to the whole 'it's all connected' thing, in that events on the TV shows have no significant impact on (or even a real connection with) what's going on on the big screen. As I understand it, the longer production time for movies compared to TV makes that kinda unavoidable. TV shows can reference what goes on in the movies due to their quicker production time, but it's hard to do it the other way around. Any 'connection' is really a one-way street.

Plus, there's a quality issue. I admire the world-building that the CW have managed with the Arrowverse, and I've enjoyed some of the crossovers. But seriously, any TV shows that were to be directly connected to the movies would have to be a big step-up in quality from that. I admit I haven't seen Titans or Swamp Thing. Are they much better? I hear Titans is pretty divisive.

Last edited:
Marvel already attempted it once with AoS and failed miserably but it's a hard thing to do since movies will always come first in terms of hierarchy and they likely dont want to limit themselves in term of characters or stories. It's hard to reference certain events and they can have a weird impact on storytellings (see Shield choosing to ignore IW and going into an "alternate" route)

Nah I think DCTV shows been their own thing separate from the movies is much better.

I mean, the only ones that feasibly make sense would be The Flash and Legends since both deal with time travel and parallel universes. But otherwise, there's no real need to blend the two. Dick on Titans could come off like he was raised by Batfleck, but again, no need to combine the two, especially when Titans gave us a Bruce Wayne in Season 2.

I'd normally have been all for this, but with the status of the DCEU and the quality of the DCTV, I'm going to give a firm no. Erza's cameo was great, but he can just be put down as another Flash from within the multiverse; his existence doesn't mean there's a connection to the DCEU (even though we know it could do). That entire scene was simply fan service, and should remain as such.

DCTV could use some features from the DCEU however, including the settings of Atlantis and planet of Oa, and the DCEU would do well to introduce their version of Green Arrow, Black Canary and Supergirl at some point down the line, but I'm sure that'll happen if and when it's convenient.

Plus, there's a quality issue. I admire the world-building that the CW have managed with the Arrowverse, and I've enjoyed some of the crossovers. But seriously, any TV shows that were to be directly connected to the movies would have to be a big step-up in quality from that. I admit I haven't seen Titans or Swamp Thing. Are they much better? I hear Titans is pretty divisive.
Watchmen was pretty fantastic. Better than the movies, even.

If the shows & movies were tied together all it would do is put more limitations on the TV shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"