De Niro and Pacino Reunite for Righteous Kill

Carmine Falcone

So it goes.
Reaction score
De Niro and Pacino Reunite for Kill
Source: Variety May 17, 2007

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino will team for the second time in Righteous Kill, a $60 million independent production put together by Nu Image's Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films, reports Variety.

Shooting will begin August 6 in Connecticut, with some work in Chicago to follow. The two stars play cops chasing a serial killer. Jon Avnet will direct and produce and the script is by Inside Man screenwriter Russell Gewirtz.

"This is an event in world history," Nu Image's Avi Lerner said. "They were in two scenes in 'Heat.' In this movie, they are in the whole thing together."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20473

:wow: :wow:

meh... both of them are average now, i'll still see this. It could be great, but it'll most likely turn out average

Wow, this got awesome written all over it!

meh... both of them are average now, i'll still see this. It could be great, but it'll most likely turn out average

my thoughts exactly. DeNiro and Pacino are way past their prime. they both act like themselves in all their movies now...regardless, i'll still see it but i won't expect anything GREAT. it would've been nice if this project came about 20 years ago.

Awesome, They've allready got two classics under their belt when they worked together, Godfather II and Heat, I'll be seeing this.

As Sava says it's been a while since either have been on their A game but hell it's two of the best ever and i think they have another great movie in them......this could well be it,the material is ideal.

my thoughts exactly. DeNiro and Pacino are way past their prime. they both act like themselves in all their movies now...regardless, i'll still see it but i won't expect anything GREAT. it would've been nice if this project came about 20 years ago.

yeah, 20 years ago, this would have been the most anticipated movie of the year... or atleast one of the most anticipated.

Should be interesting. Godfather II, Heat, and now this. They do say third times a charm.

Well, technically they didn't work together in Godfather II so I can only count Heat as their true collaboration.

Still, two of a generation's greatest actors working together will be worth it alone.

Couldn't say it better they are legends it would only be more perfect if Jack Nickelson was in it. These two in a movie should be good enough reason to atleast check it out. I wish people would appriciate the veterans in older movies for thats why they are legends.

I can't wait till we hear more on the plot,i think there must be a twist on the genre to hook both these guys into it

50 Cent Joins De Niro, Pacino in 'Righteous Kill'

Overture Films has picked up all North American rights to Righteous Kill, a $60 million thriller starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino as two detectives tracking a serial killer, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Rapper 50 Cent is in final negotiations to co-star as a drug dealer who helps the detectives with their investigation. Director Jon Avnet is set to begin principal photography in Bridgeport, Conn., and New York in September. Russell Gewirtz ("Inside Man," "Labyrinth") is writing the screenplay, which has De Niro and Pacino onscreen together for nearly the entire film. The two longtime friends shared no screen time in 1974's "The Godfather: Part II" and only one scene in 1995's "Heat."

Overture Films has picked up all North American rights to Righteous Kill, a $60 million thriller starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino as two detectives tracking a serial killer, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Rapper 50 Cent is in final negotiations to co-star as a drug dealer who helps the detectives with their investigation. Director Jon Avnet is set to begin principal photography in Bridgeport, Conn., and New York in September. Russell Gewirtz ("Inside Man," "Labyrinth") is writing the screenplay, which has De Niro and Pacino onscreen together for nearly the entire film. The two longtime friends shared no screen time in 1974's "The Godfather: Part II" and only one scene in 1995's "Heat."

Well, that film's heading down the crapper.

I hate 50 cent with a passion. Hopefully he will have only 1 scene...

oh great....:cmad:

Some time ago I watched Get Rich or Die Trying just for fun with some friends. We turned it off after 20 minutes. It is so absurdly bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"