Death At A Funeral...wtf! (Remake) trailer

I dont mind that the cast is black. Overseas remakes usually change race...

I didnt mind that they wanted to make an American remake.I didnt even mind Chris Rock being announced for the job, because after seeing "I think I Love my Wife" I thought he could pull off a more mature role

But when Tracy Morgan was announced for it, my interest went down and after the trailer my interest is completely gone.

Love the original, love Chris Rock, I like Columbus SHort, Zoe Saldana, Luke Wilson, Danny Glover, and James Marsden

but this movie looks bad

It doesn't look that bad. But this remake is completely pointless -- it feels like a Tyler Perry movie, that's how bad it looks.

But the biggest surprise is that Peter Dinklage agreed to play the same role in the remake. He must be strapped for cash or something.

I actually dont think the remake is pointless

When someone wants to remake a foreign film, I dont think thats pointless but if the execution sucks then its just wasted opportunity

I actually dont think the remake is pointless

When someone wants to remake a foreign film, I dont think thats pointless but if the execution sucks then its just wasted opportunity

yeah but its not like the original was in a different language... it was english!
and not that hard to understand british english either..

100 % pointless

So? The Office UK was in English, the US Office is in English and both have been well liked and received

and frankly I dont care if something is a remake, reboot, reimagining or whatever as long as its good. Im not going to hate on something just because its a remake...the thing is though the remakes Ive seen havent been that good

the office is understandable.... they have a really thick british accent
and the office deals with alot of pop culture jokes too which americans might not get.

not the case here.

and frankly I dont care if something is a remake, reboot, reimagining or whatever as long as its good. Im not going to hate on something just because its a remake...the thing is though the remakes Ive seen havent been that good

Well, the 2007 movie was made with a mixture of US and mostly UK actors, with an American director and a WGA screenwriter (while the 2010 remake uses entirely US actors, the same script and crew). Maybe Chris Rock saw the 2007 movie and thought "hey, I could update this for urban audiences!" The reactions from Matthew McFayden upon seeing the wrong body in the coffin is wonderfully dead-pan and humorous; Chris Rock's version is protracted with too much ad-libbing.

I do like the actors involved, I just might see it for Zoe Saldana, James Marsden (wonder if he'll show as much as Alan Tudyk did) and Danny Glover.

I see it for the cast one day...but I probably be better off with the English version.

I love the original. One of the best comedies of this decade. Won't bother with some ****** ass Hollywood remake.

Im actually starting to think the writers strike never actually ended.

Now, Instead of new ideas we have a couple of a couple of studio lackeys sitting in a Hollywood backlot going through a bunch of old movies going "This one? This one? This one? This one?"

the office is understandable.... they have a really thick british accent
and the office deals with alot of pop culture jokes too which americans might not get.

not the case here.
They dont have thick Accents

I'm sorry, but James Marsden nekkid on the roof, "Hello!", hilarious!!!!!

They dont have thick Accents

To you guys, no. To us, anybody that's not around here does. :o

With that though, it's not the accent is too thick, but some people say that sometimes they talk too fast or they mumble the dialogue, which is more of a subtle thing, but hey.

To you guys, no. To us, anybody that's not around here does. :o

With that though, it's not the accent is too thick, but some people say that sometimes they talk too fast or they mumble the dialogue, which is more of a subtle thing, but hey.

on top of that they have there own kind of slang too
"are you havin a laugh":woot:

how the f.... can you do a remake after 2 years ? 2 years after the original movie came out.

this is a new low for hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"