Deathstroke

adzyps3

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm wondering about deathsrokes origin and how it would fit into the modern day timeline of dc movie universe.

Is deathstroke a soldier in the vietnam war and at the end of that undergoes his enhancments?

This would put at around late 50s or in his 60s in the time of the movie we have now?

does he age slower?

And i'm sure this has been asked around alot but who would be a good pick to play him or is anyone already rumored?

GalleryComics_1920x1080_20141224_DSK_Cv3_5489e5ca82a014.18852807.jpg

Soldier who undergoes enhancements might remind too much of Captain America.

There shouldn't be too much time spent on Deathstroke's origin, it's pretty straightforward

My favorite Deathstroke portrayal is Ron Perlman as Slade on Teen Titans. His performance was absolutely perfect. Perlman is the perfect age for Deathstroke, he'd make a great live action Deathstroke too.

I presume he'll be in his mid to late 50's, about a decade older than Bruce Wayne.

And...Perlman's two decades older. If he's tasked to dub the voice of the actor in mask, fine. Otherwise, no.

If we change the race, Denzel Washington.
If we go slightly older, Jim Caviezel.
If we go the younger, but really intimidating physique/height route: I'd go with Manganiello or Charles Halford.
If we go the reasonably older (mid-late 50s): my picks are Henry Rollins and Billy Bob Thornton.

Last edited:
The moment I saw this manip of Jon Hamm as Cable I thought to myself "Hey, he'd make a great Deathstroke""

cable.jpg

I think that Ron Perlman is 65, and for everyone that saw Pacific Rim... He looks it. He doesn't look like someone that is going up against BatFleck anytime soon. These characters have often had a dilated personal timeline. I don't think he has to be a Vet of the Vietnam War, so much anymore. He could be a vet of the Gulf War of the 90's. And, while Cap is the O.G. Super Soldier, facts are, Deathstroke has always been a bit of an "Evil Cap" type. Marvel hasn't got a patent on enhanced Super Soldiers so Slade can keep his serum origin fine.

I second the idea of Keanu Reeves playing Deathstroke. He can keep his serum origin but be a gulf war vet. I'd pay good money to see Keanu!Deathstroke face off with Will Smith as Deadshot.

Stephen Lang as Deathstroke might be interesting. An old fogey of a merc who kicks so much ass. That's kind of Deathstroke.
best-2-villains-to-teamup-with-luthor-in-batman-vs-superman-stephen-lang-jpeg-29549.jpg

Seems someone already thought of it, as well as me. But he just pops in my head when I think of Slade. He'd be pretty great. I mean, Bats is old and I'd say Deathstroke is older than Batman, so it'd be fitting.

I think if Slade gets cast it will be an actor under the age of 55, for sure.

I don't know.

I just know I'd love to see him in a Suicide Squad sequel.

Deadshot v Deathstroke.
Katana v Deathstoke.

And then I'd love to see him recruited into Luthor's Legion of Doom, where he can fight Batman.

There shouldn't be too much time spent on Deathstroke's origin, it's pretty straightforward

My favorite Deathstroke portrayal is Ron Perlman as Slade on Teen Titans. His performance was absolutely perfect. Perlman is the perfect age for Deathstroke, he'd make a great live action Deathstroke too.

I am a big fan of Ron Perlman's work as Slade on Teen Titans too and he is up there with Conroy and Hamill IMO, but I would not want him to play a live action Slade lol. It is a pity that he does not voice the character when he is used in video games or animated movies these days. The only time he has voiced the character outside of Teen Titans was on the Flashpoint Paradox movie.

Jim Cavaziel is definitely my first choice for Deathstroke.

poi-2.jpg

poi14f-3-web.jpg

Honestly surprised Deathsrtoke has yet to be used in a DC movie, especially as he is one of the more popular villains out there. I thought SS would be the best place to introduce him.

And...Perlman's two decades older. If he's tasked to dub the voice of the actor in mask, fine. Otherwise, no.

If we change the race, Denzel Washington.
If we go slightly older, Jim Caviezel.
If we go the younger, but really intimidating physique/height route: I'd go with Manganiello or Charles Halford.
If we go the reasonably older (mid-late 50s): my picks are Henry Rollins and Billy Bob Thornton.
Uh Denzel is 61

Perlman is 65

Can't make that point when they're so close in age. Perlman would be fine but the role might require a younger man, especially considering sequels

The current New 52 Deathstroke origin is more or less the same, follows the same beats minus the Vietnam War. Honestly, you do not need Vietnam to tell the story of Deathstroke. Now someone mentioned he could be a vet of the Gulf War of the 90's???? Now I know what he's talking about but the Gulf War is nowhere as near known to people as Vietnam or better yet World War II. Now one could argue and go further that they use Afghanistan, Iraq or hell even Syria now. Thing is - that won't happen anymore, as they shy away from more current wars.
In addition to Vietnam, that is completely shied away from now. Remember Stark was originally captured by the Viet Cong? Strange, where were they in the 2008 film? The Punisher was a Vietnam vet, yet he was not even a soldier in the Thomas Jane film. Vietnam is a rather unpopular war with no heroes. All the time it is asked "what were we doing over there in the first place?" It is not glamorous like WWII, where people can and love to draw it up as such a black and white war. But the idea of Vietnam being unpopular, of it not having heroes I think would work for Slade. This could be a man both disillusioned by his country in that of the government with its military for their poor leadership and their citizens for lack of support. So **** being a soldier, I'll just be a hired gun - stick to what I'm good at, where I don't have to look for political approval and so forth.

Uh Denzel is 61

Perlman is 65

Can't make that point when they're so close in age. Perlman would be fine but the role might require a younger man, especially considering sequels
They could "Scott Glenn as Stick" the role especially since the character rarely shows his face.

Perlman seems way past his prime, while Denzel is still kicking ass in recent features. Plus, Perlman just doesn't have the look I have in my mind.
But yeah, including Billy Bob Thornton's, their clocks are ticking.

Last edited:
My favorites for Deathstroke:

Brad Pitt
Joel Edgerton
Tom Hardy
Tom Cruise (Hey, he signed onto The Mummy. He's getting desperate.)
Titus Welliver
Timothy Olyphant

The current New 52 Deathstroke origin is more or less the same, follows the same beats minus the Vietnam War. Honestly, you do not need Vietnam to tell the story of Deathstroke. Now someone mentioned he could be a vet of the Gulf War of the 90's???? Now I know what he's talking about but the Gulf War is nowhere as near known to people as Vietnam or better yet World War II. Now one could argue and go further that they use Afghanistan, Iraq or hell even Syria now. Thing is - that won't happen anymore, as they shy away from more current wars.
In addition to Vietnam, that is completely shied away from now. Remember Stark was originally captured by the Viet Cong? Strange, where were they in the 2008 film? The Punisher was a Vietnam vet, yet he was not even a soldier in the Thomas Jane film. Vietnam is a rather unpopular war with no heroes. All the time it is asked "what were we doing over there in the first place?" It is not glamorous like WWII, where people can and love to draw it up as such a black and white war. But the idea of Vietnam being unpopular, of it not having heroes I think would work for Slade. This could be a man both disillusioned by his country in that of the government with its military for their poor leadership and their citizens for lack of support. So **** being a soldier, I'll just be a hired gun - stick to what I'm good at, where I don't have to look for political approval and so forth.

This is some strange reasoning right here. Real strange.

Yeah, that could work too. I'd be down with an older, veteran Hal if they got someone like Cruise or Aaron Eckhart.

I've been re-reading some 2006-2007 DC stuff and Hal is in the veteran role there. Tom would rock it. Plus it would be too damn weird for me to have a Batman 15 years older than Hal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"