Del Toro was approached to direct Thor

Why are you talking about Iron Fist in a Thor movie thread about Del Toro? Cam Gigandet should be Iron Fist, though.

Del Toro on Thor doesnt sound to shabby, but I want him on Doctor Strange so much that it actually hurts.

I'm glad he has Deadman lined up on his decades long list of projects :)

Rather have Iron Fist or Dr Strange (living, kicking Marvel property) than Deadman (obscure DC Comics character completely overshadowed by the Big 5. Watchmen anyone?)

GdT's THOR would have been great! At least he has the respect for the Kirby material that these movies need.
He was approached by Avi for the first FF movie, too [but thought HB was too much like Ben]. Boy how I wish he had taken that one!

Would have been sweet. Del Toro is one of my favorite directors. (As a matter of fact, I'm currently reading "The Strain"!) I'm happy that Branagh got the gig though. I have to agree that I think that Del Toro would be a much better fit for a Dr. Strange movie. Really hyped about The Hobbit...It's gonna RAWK!

I'm glad to see Marvel still keeping a tab on Del Toro, even though his Blade II wasn't received that well. I'm sure he'd have done a pretty good job with Thor, at least visually like he did with Pan's Labrinth, but I'm happy with Branagn as the director. Hopefully, with so many projects Marvel is lining up in the future, he'll be approached to do a movie again for Marvel.

So...we could have had a great director (Del Toro), but instead we got a different great director (Branagh)? Either way....win/win.

Del Toro is great but like others have said I think he would be a better fit for a Doctor Stange movie. I'm happy with Branagh. I'm glad Marvel is approaching these dircetors who really are intrested in the charcaters though.

So...we could have had a great director (Del Toro), but instead we got a different great director (Branagh)? Either way....win/win.
My sentiments exactly. I'm sure Del Toro would've made a great movie--probably a little more mind-bending than Branagh's--but I think Branagh will do a great job as well. Branagh seems better suited to convey the scope of Thor and Asgard to me, too. Del Toro really excels at more low-key supernatural stuff.

Love GDT, but to be honest, I hope that he does Hellboy 3 before he does any Marvel movies, he has to round the trilogy of the red ape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"