Del Toro says No for Hellboy after a third film

Rac

Deadite
Reaction score
Del Toro: Hellboy III Would Be It

Guillermo del Toro, writer/director of Hellboy II: The Golden Army, told SCI FI Wire that he would like to do a third film if the upcoming sequel does well, but no more.

"If there was ever a third one, I would really make sure that we at least sign a contract that there is no more," del Toro said in an interview at New York Comic Con last week. "No prequels and no sequels: nothing. If that happens, then there is a third one we have planned, and the seeds are planted in this film."

Hellboy II: The Golden Army departs from Mike Mignola's comic books, with an original story that centers on a fantastical realm based on mythology created by Mignola and del Toro together.

If a third installment becomes a reality, del Toro said the story would shift back to the pulp mythology of the original comic-book series. "The idea for me is to bring back the Nazis characters, but bring them back in a way they would operate now," del Toro said. "Meaning, what public face would the Nazis have in 2009/2010? How rich would they be? How in charge could they be? It's not this group of freakies that hide in the sewers, but people that are incredibly rich."

Hellboy II: The Golden Army opens in theaters July 11. --Tara Bennett

Suits me. But if there's ever HBIII it's gonna take a loong time. Earliest in 2014 I think. If the Hobbit's are coming in 2011 and 2012.

I wonder if Ron Perlman could still wear the costume by then.

Ron will be completely CG by then and you'll have no idea that's the case.

Hey three movies is fine by me, some movie series only get two. I hope the second film does well. Looks great to me from what I've seen.

Guillermo del Toro, writer/director of Hellboy II: The Golden Army, told SCI FI Wire that he would like to do a third film if the upcoming sequel does well, but no more.

I hope it does well enough to do a third. But I have my doubts because some dumbass thought it would be a good idea to open the week before The Dark Knight.

Three is plenty for nearly any franchise. I'm not seeing the need for Hellboy 4. Hopefully TGA is good and they can concentrate on making a good concluding chapter.
I hope it does well enough to do a third. But I have my doubts because some dumbass thought it would be a good idea to open the week before The Dark Knight.
:funny:

I think three is the perfect number for any movie, usually the second on is the apex and the next one just goes downhill and wraps everything together. After than you're beating a dead horse. Plus the word trilogy sounds cool.

There wasn't any need for a Hellboy II, so that's fine.

I wonder will GDT even direct HBIII if HBII does well enough, after the Hobbit movies, Ron will be in his late 60's!

Harrison was 65 and didnt have to work under thick prosthetics, bit of a difference there.

I'm sure Ron will have a stunt man for any of the difficult action scenes anyways. He just needs to turn up with his game face in the third movie.

I'm still surprised they'd do a third....

Hellboy1 wasn't a big success, let's see how this works... I'll definetly see it in the theatre.

He had mentioned using the classic Universal monsters in a part III.

Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf-Man, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon is what I know offhand.

As long as in the future some Joe Schmo doesn't take up the Hellboy franchise to make Hellboy 4, I'm glad Del Toro says no more.

He had mentioned using the classic Universal monsters in a part III.

I think thats changed now, more recently GDT said the 3rd movie would be about Hellboy possibly fulfilling his destiny.

He's already said that he will be going back to Hellboy after he finishes the Hobbit, he said it in one of his interviews. Del Toro is NOT handing off the franchise to anyone else and he has said that he will be back regardless of how much time passes.

Yea Del Toro will be back after Hobbit. Let 6 years pass I don't care. Del Toro gets Hellboy.

Three movies is good enough to me. And I think it'll do pretty good at the box office, but TDK will definitely steal away some of HBII's money.

Three movies is good enough to me. And I think it'll do pretty good at the box office, but TDK will definitely steal away some of HBII's money.

three films is perfect, no more stupid prequels and spinoffs just straight to the point and closing the gaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"