Del Toro says No for Hellboy after a third film

I like th idea of a 3rd one being the end for Hellboy and we see he decides not to destroy the human race as destiney believes he will. I think he surely will be tempted to choose a side man or other kinds but Liz is basically a Human just got powers and my guess is it will end like the first film. He will choose not to do evil because of Liz and his Father. Professor Broom.

Of course he will, but either way that idea will make hell of a movie. BTW, I hope the rumors are true about Del Toro wanting to use classic Universal monsters such as Frankenstein's monster, Dracula, the Wolf-Man, & the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Knowing Del Toro, he'd make these characters more kickass than ever before so I humbly welcome this idea.

would we see two mini-reds running around?

3 is perfect.

three films is perfect, no more stupid prequels and spinoffs just straight to the point and closing the gaps

They should do a spin-off BPRD in the time between 2 and 3. Roger could be introduced in it.

NO!! A spin-off is a horrible idea. Spin-offs ruin things.

I think a BPRD spin-off could work if it had: Abe, Roger, Johann, and introduced Kate.

wait... hes just a director of the story though, how can HE decide that nobody, including Hellboy owner/creators/ect want to continue to do them?

i dont like that...

There is so much to this Hellboy world... and i LOVED hellboy 2... there is so much potential, i dont like limiting that to one more film NO MATTER WHAT....

anyways... he did do this one PERFECTLY imo... i was in a wonderland... loved it,

Del Toro just doesn't want to do a 4th himslef. Plus if they do one with out Del Toro, just think about it, he directed and wrote that "wonderland" that you loved. No one can just copy Del Toro's work. I say 3 is a magic number.

Maurice:
Ok. Well, one thing...speaking of Myers. Something that I think the fans might be interested in is...when you actually brought him into the first movie he was kind of the laymans..

GDT:
The point of view, yeah.

Maurice:
Right. To the world and the universe. But you also had another, a little something else that you had planned for him. Which obviously didn't happen in the second one, but..

GDT:
Yes. It did not happen, but the idea now is that little something that you know of. Nobody else does. That's gonna be transferred to Liz.

What does that mean??

"That's gonna be transferred to Liz".

He's obviously talking about the pregnancy. Originally Hellboy was going to have a baby with Myers.

Your funny, but really what does that mean, Like whats the secret only that guy knows how is it transsfered to liz????

I assume he means that whatever Myers' secondary purpose was supposed to be, that will now be handled by Sherman.

I've read elsewhere though that Myers could still appear in the last film so, I wonder if the possibility is still there to use Myers for something important.

That guy can't do anything worth mentioning, aside from stealing HB's girl.:mad:

That guy can't do anything worth mentioning, aside from stealing HB's girl.:mad:

lol. He's not that bad. I thought he'd resigned himself (by the end of the first film) to the fact that he wasn't going to get Liz. He seemed happy for the new couple.

"The third movie was talked about the entire time. In fact, Guillermo has been talking about 'Hellboy 1, 2, and 3' since we were filming 'Hellboy'. He said he had three Hellboy movies in him then," reveals Jones. "Now, as the footage was being edited and put together and the studio was getting more and more excited about what they were seeing, now we’re all excited for 'Hellboy 4, 5, and 6' even!
Doug Jones
source : comics2film

From /film:
Hellboy 3 Would Be The Last Crusade

From 24 Frames:
Del Toro's labyrinth: Where does the director go from here? -- UPDATED
[UPDATED: "Hellboy 3" -- As a few commenters have pointed out, del Toro could make his return with the third film in the "Hellboy" series, about the title character's fight against the Archangel and other Nazi foes, as well as his learning curve as a father. We initially omitted the superhero hybrid because del Toro has said he believes any new Hellboy film is several years away -- but of course that was when he was going to spend the next several years on "Hobbit." So we'll toss that on to the list.]

HELLBOY 3 to star the Universal Monsters?

From Variety:
Guillermo Del Toro booked thru 2017
Meanwhile, del Toro is awaiting word on whether U will embrace a follow-up to "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army." The big-budget film opened in the heat of summer and fell short of blockbuster status in the U.S. but has performed well overseas.

"I think they’ll decide when the last euro hits the piggybank," del Toro said. "We laid the groundwork to have a magnificent third act. I’d like to return to an action franchise with 60-year-old actor Ron Perlman, because he’ll be scratching at that age when I get to it."

There needs to be a Hellboy 3 , it's a trilogy. Not sure about using the universal monster though.

I wonder if he can even get a third Hellboy film greenlit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"