Deluxe Spider-Man Chess Set by SOTA

Venom_uk

Superhero
Reaction score
How f'in cool is this?!? :eek::up:
If I had $500 spare, I'd really be tempted to splash out for one of these.

spideymediaheros_1200x540.jpg

SOTA Toys, innovative creator of some of the most respected products in the collectibles market, has obtained a license from Marvel Entertainment to create the most detailed chess sets ever based on Marvel properties.

The Marvel-themed sets will feature intricately designed chess boards and high-quality pewter chess pieces. Each chess board will be designed to capture environments and imagery unique to Marvel characters. The boards will also feature a sculpted lid that lifts off to reveal a storage space for all of the chess pieces. Made of high-quality pewter, these chess pieces will be nearly unbreakable.

Limited Edition: 1,000 Worldwide

The ultimate Spider-Man collectible, this chess set features 16 different characters (plus 8 Spider Tracers and 8 Spider Killers) and a beautifully sculpted chess board that recreates a roof top battle between good and evil. Sure to be the centerpiece of any Spider-Man collection.

HEROES
King: Spider-man (red & blue)
Queen: Symbiote Spider-man (black)
Knight: Punisher
Knight: Moon Knight
Bishop: Daredevil
Bishop: Black Cat
Rook: Cloak & Dagger
Rook: Blade
Pawn: Spider Tracer

VILLIANS
King: Green Goblin
Queen: Doctor Octopus
Knight: Scorpion
Knight: Sandman
Bishop: Electro
Bishop: Lizard
Rook: Venom
Rook: Rhino
Pawn: Spider Slayer

Available August 2006, priced at $499.99
---------------------
http://www.sotatoys.com/prod_marvel.htm
http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19431

OUCH! that can put a huge dent on some people's wallet... me like but it's too X-pensive...

that price is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high.. But im sure someone will buy it

This makes to Deadpool statue look cheap... maybe I'll buy that now.

I already have a chess set... and I dont play enough to want a customized Marvel set :p but it sure is perddy

Spider-Man is his own queen? Sheesh.

I'd love to have that, but if I can't I wonder if anyone is selling it piece by piece. I want the Punisher Knight

I hate the fact that there are Two Spider-mans there. The Black Spiderman doesn't need to be the Queen. Black Cat should be the queen.

I'd Be More interested in an X-men one.

Cyclops - King
Jean - Queen
Wolverine - Bishop
Boshop - Bishop
Angel - Knight
Beast - Knight
Iceman - Rook
Colossus - Rook
Pawns - I dunno

Magneto - King
Mystique - Queen
Sabertooth - Bishop
Pyro - Bishop
Toad - Knight
Mastermind - Knigt
Avalanche - Rook
Blob - Rook

Pawns - Either Sentinels or stanrd Acolytes

it sucks that spidey is the queen. and it's a waste of a peice. i wish they could make cool stuff like this for collectors who could actually afford it.

why didn't they use spider-girl or madam web? and female ock for the black queen?

Roughneck said:
I hate the fact that there are Two Spider-mans there. The Black Spiderman doesn't need to be the Queen. Black Cat should be the queen.

How about Mary Jane?

And i'd probably replace Moon Knight and Blade with characters more integral to the Spider-Man Universe;
Maybe Prowler, and then make Cloak and Dagger seperate pieces...

Anyway, my wife is gonna ***** about the price 'til the cows come home, but i'm STILL probably going to get this.

It's freaking gorgeous!

how awesome.

too bad i wasn't rich; if i was that would be so mine.

...I really don't like it that much. After the great work they turned out on the Aliens and AVP chess sets, I guess I just got it too pumped up in my mind.

I'll pass, regardless of the price. I think I liked the Spiderman monopoly more.

Rez said:
...I really don't like it that much. After the great work they turned out on the Aliens and AVP chess sets, I guess I just got it too pumped up in my mind.

I'll pass, regardless of the price. I think I liked the Spiderman monopoly more.
I have that. F'in awesome game! :D:up:

Well, I think it's settled. Price too high, so we can all just stop dreamin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"