Despicable Me 3

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Despicable Me 3′ Set For June 2017 Release

That’s just what the marketplace needs — more sequels and remakes. Universal Pictures has announced dates on three upcoming high-profile projects: the third installment of its incredibly successful animated franchise Despicable Me 3.Anyway, Gru, Lucy, the girls and the minions are coming back to a megaplex near you — in 3 1/2 years. Universal today announced a June 30, 2017, date for Despicable Me 3, the follow-up to last year’s first sequel, which has grossed $935.8M worldwide and just opened in it last territory, China.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/despicable-me-3-release-date-dr-seuss-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-universal/

First trailer

[YT]6DBi41reeF0[/YT]

Release date is 2 weeks after Cars 3 and 1 week before Spider-Man, which is very kid-friendly. Probably won't be No 3 movie domestic like Secret life of Pets this year.

Impressed that the minions only showed up in the last 10 seconds.

that didn't sound like Parker at all
must be putting on a very different kind of voice for this

Final trailer and poster.

despicableme.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/825327-new-despicable-me-3-trailer#/slide/1

Typically, when a sequel goes the route of introducing "a long lost twin" it means the writers were completely out of ideas. Hope that's not the case with this, as I really enjoyed the first two Despicable Me movies.

Second trailer:

[YT]euz-KBBfAAo[/YT]

TV Spots:

[YT]3sBsseYxyeY[/YT]

[YT]2kRybJnA3S4[/YT]

Considering GotG 2's performance, this probably wins worldwide box office this summer. The Despicable Me franchise might haven't found ceiling yet.

Btw the minion at the beginning of the trailer yelling "Illumination!!!" gives me an earache.

Reviews are in at RT, 4 Fresh (including 1 Top critic) 1 Rotten (still 2.5/5)

I smell another billion for Illumination.

/Film August 7th, 2017:
‘The Dark Tower’ Underperforms as ‘Despicable Me’ Becomes the Highest-Grossing Animated Franchise of All Time
Jack Giroux said:
One movie that found its audience right off the bat is Despicable Me 3. It made close to $900 million this summer. Following the major success, Illumination Entertainment’s series is now the most successful animated franchise of all time. The Despicable Me and Minions movies have grossed over $3.528 billion at the worldwide box-office, surpassing Shrek‘s $3.51 billion. The fact Minions is Universal’s most profitable movie in studio history certainly helps. According to Deadline, before its theatrical run, Despicable Me 3 should make a few more millions of dollars for Universal execs to swim in come Labor Day.

Deadline August 6, 2017:
‘Despicable Me’ Becomes Top-Grossing Animated Film Franchise Ever Worldwide

Box Office Mojo: Despicable Me 3
Domestic Total as of Aug. 6, 2017: $240,920,645
Foreign Total as of Aug. 6, 2017: $640,707,151

I ended up watching this yesterday (purely because I've seen the other films) and..yuck.

I'm a huge, huge fan of the first Despicable Me movie (it's probably in my top 10 or 15 favorite movies, definitely in my top 10 animated movies). I didn't like the second one much at all, it was just boring, pointless, disjointed, and lacked the charm of the first film. I thought Minions was (maybe) slightly better than Despicable Me 2, but only because it had a really clever ending sequence.

This was just...awful. It felt like a bunch of short films mashed into one mess without any real payoff to the different sequences. "Oh look, the Minions are in jail." "Oh look, the girls are hunting for unicorns." If the disjointedness of this movie wasn't bad enough, the filmmakers seemed to insist on making the movie as utterly obnoxious as they possibly could. Pop songs every 5 seconds. The Minions get more and more intolerable with each of these movies (and that's coming from someone who adored them in the first film). I think I may have laughed once, and I don't remember a single line of dialog (I can quote most of the first film).

What did I like? I thought that the idea of the bad guy who's mad because his show was cancelled was a somewhat clever idea, but like everything else in the movie it was overdone and annoying. He was more clever and memorable than the bad guy from DM2, but that's all I'll give him. They should bring back Vector at some point, and maybe have him team up with Gru. The only good part about these sequels is honestly Gru just being Gru. I like the idea of giving Gru a wife, but Kristen Wiig's character is kind of annoying and doesn't really fit with the universe IMO (I feel like it would be funnier to give him a more mature wife who's played straight to contrast with Gru's wackiness.)

Also, did they have a commercial for their Sing movie in the middle of this?

I feel like DM 3 had a tiny bit more of a story to it than DM2, but it was still disjointed and terribly unfunny. If they do another I hope they can capture the same charm as the first film...or just don't make any more and let it die. Everything since the first film has felt like a direct-to-video movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"