Devil’s Third Is Coming Exclusively To Wii U

Hmmm Can't wait for what the North American reviewers have to say. hopefully it's as positive.

Japanese Players Are Actually Having A Lot Of Fun With The Hybrid Action Of Devil’s Third. August 13, 2015 . 8:19am

“I haven’t had this much fun since GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64,” wrote one Amazon reviewer among many other positive reviews in Japan.

Devil’s Third recently released in Japan, and the reception for the game has actually been quite positive according to its Amazon reviews, which comes off as quite a surprise, especially after the previews we’ve heard of or seen from Europe.

Devil’s Third is one of those games that appear to have been made with the Western audience in mind when looking at it from a Japanese perspective, as action shooters don’t exactly have the biggest market in Japan. To top it off, Devil’s Third got little coverage in Japanese media until near its release.

With that in mind, Amazon Japan currently has Devil’s Third at 4 stars out of 5, which is pretty high, especially when considering that Japanese reviews on Amazon tend to be a little harsher compared to the West. It’s also the only place to purchase the game in Japan. While it is a smaller sample size with its current number of reviews, its overall positive feedback is still surprising, nonetheless.

That said, here are some quotes from the reviews on Amazon, with most of the positive reviews sharing similar sentiments of how they enjoyed the action in Devil’s Third.

“Following Splatoon, I thought it looked like fun, so I decided to buy it,” the reviewer wrote. “Its controls are unique, but once you get used to it you can move with a lot of freedom, and it’s very fun. The online parts are especially fun, and I’m completely satisfied with it. With all the slicing and shooting going on, the online fights get hectic. You get taken out right away if you’re not always moving, It doesn’t take long to get caught when you try hiding. It’s all about always running and disposing of any enemies in sight, as quick as possible. It’s pretty radical for a Nintendo game.”

While the above reviewer had a lot of good things to say about its online mode and its free matchmaking teams, deathmatch, and battle royale modes, he pointed out a few of the bad parts being the graphics, as he felt that they were a little choppy at times, even for scenes shown during the offline single player mode.

“I recommend this title for players that are bored with current FPS or third-person shooters,” wrote another reviewer. “It does a wonderful job at combining close-ranged combat action and FPS. As far as graphics go, it’s not on the level of a PS4 or Xbox One game, but those who play a lot of games should be able to see that the fun factor is truly the essence of the game.”

The next reviewer, who titled his review “sunglasses baldy goes wild!” listed some of his pros and cons for the game. Starting with the pros:

• It looks difficult at first glance, but the controls make it really easy to play.

• Switching between melee feels very natural and smooth.

• It’s simply fun as an action game.

• Everything is so flashy, it makes me feel like Rambo or Bruce Willis.

As for the cons, here’s what he listed:

• Blood spraying all over (which I knew about, and it also disappears right away,) but I can’t play it in front of kids.

• It’s not bad, but the story is a bit unexciting.

• As far as graphics go, I was satisfied for it being on the Wii U, but the characters kind of have stiff-looking hair (think of it on the same level of PS3.)

• The protagonist is a badass, but I personally couldn’t like him, to be honest.

Here are some of the other comments people that purchased the game have wrote:

“It’s been a while since I played an FPS multiplayer game, but I’ve been addicted to it. The shootouts on the massive fields with 16 players is the best part. I haven’t had this much fun since GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64.”

“Unlike the FPS I’ve played until now, there’s a variety of action to it, which almost makes it feel it takes the action elements from a Yakuza game, which you can experience in an online title.”

“I’ve always been bad at shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield, and could never better my kill/death ratios, so I never knew what was fun about them. After getting into Splatoon after it released in May, I’ve become more confident in shooters, so I decided to buy this game. The single and multiplayer content are completely different, so it feels like you’re playing different games. You don’t take fall damage, so you can feel like a ninja while during the shootouts, and being able to shoot while sliding gives it a nice action element, which makes it different from your average template for approaching your enemies in other shooters.”

“It’s excellent [the online mode]. It feels like it’s been a while since I plowed through a game so much in a single day. Guns and melee weapons are very well-balanced, so it doesn’t feel like either of them are too over-powered. With all the weapons and character customization, I have no complaints.”

Devil’s Third will release in Europe on August 28, 2015 for Wii U. The game is expected to release sometime in Q4 2015 in North America.

Food for thought:

I thought it was pretty interesting and worth noting that upon looking up the keyword “Splatoon” in the reviews, there are many reviewers that mention how it was their first shooter, or how it influenced them into buying Devil’s Third on Wii U.

Read more stories about Devil's Third & Wii U on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Devil’s Third Tips From Japanese Players On How To Start Out Effectively.August 28, 2015 . 8:30am

From how to earn currency to tips on fighting and taking aim, Japanese players put together a little guide for beginners that are about to get started on Devil’s Third.

Devil’s Third released today in Europe and Australia will get the game tomorrow, but before jumping into its multiplayer mode, here’s a look at some tips for beginners that were put together by Japanese players. Since they’ve had a head start with an earlier release this month, you might be able to learn a thing or two from this guide.

Again, this is a guide that was put together by translations using Japanese terms and names for the game, so keep in mind that there may be some slight differences.

Earning Currency:

Devil’s Third features micro-transactions called Golden Eggs that are used to trade for weapon, gear, or in-game currency; however, it has its own currency called Dullen that allows you to make other purchases.

You get cash for getting kills in multiplayer, so if you’re confident in your skills then it’s advised to stick to that. Otherwise, players can earn cash by damaging facilities and aircrafts

The following weapons can damage facilities and aircrafts:

• Assault rifles that can have grenade launchers.

• C4 (can be purchased with currency).

• M202A1, MGL40mm, M295IACW (all except the MGL40mm are traded with Golden Eggs).

• Two types of launchers that can be equipped by “Heavy Cavalry” types (name is likely different in English).

Facilities often go unrepaired, so it might be difficult to make cash this way at times, but it adds up, as you can simply damage the control room to get an easy 1,800. You’ll get a bonus for blowing up facilities, but be careful not to have any allies nearby, as they’ll go down with the building.

The next part, they share some tips on the actual battle parts. Keep in mind that a lot of these tips can actually apply to just about any kind of shooter, but there are still some things that new Devil’s Third players can learn from these.

When you can’t defeat an opponent, it’s not a good idea to be stubborn and chase them down. You can learn a lot by watching some of the better players and their movements. The Wii U Pro Controller is also recommended to use.

Tips on Fighting:

• Get familiar with maps.

• Be aware of your surroundings.

• Try to avoid taking on enemies head on.

• Avoid running in on the ground level (and use the sliding action).

• Avoid getting into too many 1-on-1 fights by yourself.

• Don’t get caught with your pants down from observing what’s going on too much.

• Don’t force yourself to fight all the time, as it’s important to escape as well.

As you become better at Devil’s Third’s multiplayer mode, you’ll get a better idea where to find your opponents. Tagging alongside allies to push the enemies will always be more advantageous.

Tips on Aiming:

• Always be conscious of the white crosshair on the middle of the screen.

• The white crosshair turns red when it goes over an enemy. There are two big parts to this. When you encounter an enemy while on the move or if you find one hiding, you’ll want to take aim* and then shoot when you have them as close as possible to the middle of the crosshair.

• Getting flustered while shooting or being slow at taking aim will result in not being able to hit the target that well. While you can say that gun characteristics are one of the reasons you might lose a fight, “who can catch the other first” is more important. Winning fights depend a lot on who can aim the best spots to hit first and also on the weapon’s fire rate. If you often get preemptive shots on others and still lose the fight, then you might want to reconsider your weapon of choice.

* You hold down the ZL button to take aim while shooting.

Weapon Tips:

• Option → Camera → Sensitivity Adjustment.

• Get an understanding of a weapon’s characteristics (via testing).

• Use a weapon with high fire rate.

• Use weapons with flamethrower attachments.

There are all kinds of weapons you can test out, along with their attachments, but keep in mind that your target doesn’t move when you’re trying out weapons like this. Practicing by using a roll move and immediately shooting the target will be closer to a real battle, and you’ll get a better idea of the weapon’s characteristics this way.

Equipment Tips:

• Equip gear with status effects like Life+ in order to increase your survival rate.

Attachment Precautions:

• Adding Attachments will cost you Golden Eggs.

• Attachments can only be used on the weapons that you’ve used Golden Eggs on for this purpose, meaning that you won’t be able to put Attachments on every weapon you have available.

Read more stories about Devil's Third & Wii U on Siliconera.

PC
Devil’s Third Online announced for PC
Published 3 hours ago. 31 comments.
More details coming during November 12 live stream.

Devils-Third-Online-Ann.jpg

Nexon and Valhalla Game Studios have officially announced Devil’s Third Online for PC.

The game is an online version of Devil’s Third, Valhalla Game Studios’ Nintendo-published Wii U title. It was first teased in July and will offer a multiplayer-only experience tailored to PC.

Further details will be announced during a Niconico live stream on November 12 at 20:00 Japan time.

Follow the game’s official Twitter account here.
Thanks, Famitsu.

Read More

PC, Devil's Third Online, Game Announce, Nexon, Valhalla Game Studios
source: Gematsu

Devil’s Third Launch Trailer Has Tattoos, Drum Kits, And Explosions. December 7, 2015 . 11:30am

The latest Devil’s Third trailer starts with Ivan performing a drum solo that leads into three minutes of game footage.

[YT]wRengX6vFgw[/YT]

Nintendo has released a launch trailer for Devil’s Third, Tomonobu Itagaki and Valhalla Game Studios’ Nintendo Wii U action game. In addition to showing the expected gameplay footage, it features a number of over-the-top visuals. For example, the video begins with Ivan, the heavily tattooed lead character, performing a drum solo.

The Devil’s Third trailer also goes over Ivan’s mission. The School of Democracy, Ivan’s former special ops group, are responsible for electronic devices being destroyed due to satellite explosions. Ivan has to go after Big Mouse, Jane Doe, Grundla Saha, Ludmilla, C-4, and Isaac Kumano. Ivan has to use guns, swords, and any other weapon he can find to fight SOD’s soldiers and mutated creatures.

After the two minute mark, the Devil’s Third trailer goes over the online multiplayer. People can create a custom character and fight online either alone or with a team of other players. There’s even an option to join clans and have them wage wars or forge alliances.

Devil’s Third will come to North American Nintendo Wii Us on December 11. It is already available in Japan, Europe, and Australia.

Read more stories about Devil's Third & Nintendo & Nintendo Wii U on Siliconera.

well there weren't many reviews of this game when it came outand that was due to s small outage ofthe game in store.s so place's like Game trailers and EPN.TV (who usual still get their review copys fomr thedev's them selves didn't get to review this ip in north america. and the ones that were able to review this game were short few like game informer.

their back in stock in stores again. but I'm not sure I'd buy it out right if I' were some of you all . it was well received with those that were able to review it in north America. Details below.

Devil’s Third Is Back In Stock, Get It While You Still Can. February 12, 2016 . 8:00pm

Devil’s Third released in North America with little available in stock, but Nintendo recently restocked for some retailers, so you can get it while it lasts.

When Devil’s Third released in North America back in December, those who didn’t pre-order the game didn’t have much luck in getting it, as it was short in stock. The game has recently been restocked, so those of you who’ve been waiting or interested in getting the game can do so now

Nintendo recently restocked the game, and for those of you looking to get a copy, you can check out GameStop or Amazon to get the game at $59.99 for Wii U. You can also check out our earlier report on tips for beginners on how to start out effectively.

Read more stories about Wii U & Devil's Third on Siliconera.

Tomonobu Itagaki Steps Down As Representative Director of Valhalla Game Studio. August 24, 2017 . 2:00am

Tomonobu Itagaki announced that he’s stepping down from his position of representative director of Valhalla Game Studios and will be taking up the role of a prime advisor.

31 comments Read >

21083773_1895530284044414_4644896395569328818_o_thumb.jpg

Tomonobu Itagaki announced that he’s stepping down from his position of representative director of Valhalla Game Studios and will be taking up the role of a prime advisor.

You can read the message from Itagaki’s Facebook page below:
To the Flowers of the World

Hey everyone, the time has finally come where I can talk about what’s been going on with me. The reason I’ve been silent for this long is because I’ve been waiting for this day.

As of today, I’ll be moving on from my position as Representative Director of Valhalla Game Studios and take up the role of Prime Advisor. At the same time, I’ll also begin working together and creating games with a number of studios around the world.
With my 50th birthday marking a major milestone in my life, I’ve decided I want to change the way I work. My birthday is April 1st – this picture was taken just before that, making it the last picture of me in my 40’s. It was taken at Kiyosumi Garden in Tokyo by a friend of mine who is a professional cameraman.

Look at the cherry blossoms ready to blossom.
There are a lot of developers all around the world just like this.
I want to help them bloom.

You can find young, passionate developers in any country on the globe with aspirations and passion, the drive that makes them say “I’m gonna make an awesome game!!”. Starting from now on, I want to share with these young developers my own experiences and knowledge and help them build their games together.

This comes a bit sudden and I’m sure many of you may be surprised. An official press release will be out shortly, so please read that as well.
http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/…
Phew, that felt great to finally get off my chest! I’m really looking forward to the future with you all!
Tomonobu Itagaki

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"