Diamond List for December 19, 2007

Ha! Selling out? The book doesn't even crack the Top 100. How would having a few 3 issue minis be selling out? I commend him for it. He's in a position where he can share the wealth and help break some new guys in. Fresh blood is never a bad thing.

I know it doesn't sell as well as it should. By "selling out" I meant launching a million spin-off's, like every franchise a company deems as "hot". INVINCIBLE is one great book and I would prefer it stays that way; one great book. Not 2 or 3 or whatever.

I mean, yeah, Kirkman has launched other titles that tie-in or have guests cross over, such as CAPES, TECH JACKET, BRIT, and WOLF-MAN, but that isn't the same.

X-Men was great back when it was one good book. Then it become 2, 3, 5, then an entire franchise and that sucked away a lot of the life of it. Amazing Spider-Man is the same. I'd like for Invincible to avoid that folly.

Still, it is only a mini for now, and a short one at 2 parts. Naturally I'll be buying it. I am just wary of the spin-off practice.

You seem awfully paranoid about a couple of minis that spotlight single characters, man. I mean, you're talking as if Invincible brings in the kind of money to warrant a "million" spin-offs like that. I'm surprised it's getting what it's getting.

And I thought the Atom Eve mini was 3 issues.

You seem awfully paranoid about a couple of minis that spotlight single characters, man. I mean, you're talking as if Invincible brings in the kind of money to warrant a "million" spin-offs like that. I'm surprised it's getting what it's getting.

And I thought the Atom Eve mini was 3 issues.

Diamond is listing it as "#1 (of 2)"

I'm a fan of keeping things in one book if possible. INVINCIBLE is a good seller by Image standards (they are a whopping 4% of the biz on a good month), so I am not surprised about the branch out. The single issues barely crack the Top 135, but the trades, HC's and Omnibus' sell very well.

I am paranoid because I have seen things happen before. I have seen single great books become branched out and lifeless. Therefore when I see history repeating itself I presume the same result. Issues of INVINCIBLE may even be late because Kirkman has to edit some comics now. Editting has to take some time out of a day.

Granted, all of this is moot because I'll just buy all the spin-off's anyway. Which subconsciously is probably the OTHER reason for paranoia.

Invincible is late because of Ryan Ottley and no other reason. The guy's done 40+ consecutive issues, will over half of that including covers. He's a workhorse.

You can be paranoid all you want, but Invincible's quality has never suffered, no matter how many books Kirkman's been writing. I look forward to Atom Eve, and whatever Invincible related book might be coming next. :up:

Invincible is late because of Ryan Ottley and no other reason. The guy's done 40+ consecutive issues, will over half of that including covers. He's a workhorse.

You can be paranoid all you want, but Invincible's quality has never suffered, no matter how many books Kirkman's been writing. I look forward to Atom Eve, and whatever Invincible related book might be coming next. :up:

Yeah, Ottley is a workhorse. I definitely wouldn't want to see him go anywhere. Unless it was INVINCIBLE selling better.

I'm looking forward to it, too, but I still am wary of the bigger picture.

Screw the big picture! Live in the moment! Worry about that rash later.

Given his occupation, it's not surprising. I'd think about them a lot, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"