DiCaprio and Winslet Reunite on Revolutionary Road

The best part, though, about this movie, was all the couples who thought this was going to be some romantic drama, and all the groups of women in their mid thirties who KNEW what it was, and came anyway.

I just got back from seeing Revolutionary Road. It's ashame the movie didn't get more recognition, it was excellent. This movie further solidifies Leo as one of my all time favorite actors. His acting in this movie was so dramatic in a desperate kind of way, not to mention it felt so genuinely real. It was a hell of a performance. Not to mention Winslet did so much more with this role than she did with her part in The Reader. Her part was incredibly moving. Also, she looked better here than in The Reader. I also have to say it's rather unfortunate that Michael Shannon is facing off against Ledger, Downey Jr., and Hoffman, because it was a fantastic performance and he really did outshine Leo and Winslet (I'm not saying I'd like to see him win, but I thought his role was excellent and worthy of the nod). It's ashame this movie wasn't up for Best Picture, it was so damn good.

Last edited:
I still have to see this. I wonder what'll take for the Academy to stop snubbing Leo.

I still have to see this. I wonder what'll take for the Academy to stop snubbing Leo.

It's a great film Shape. I highly recommend it!
icon14.gif

I just got back from seeing Revolutionary Road. It's ashame the movie didn't get more recognition, it was excellent. This movie further solidifies Leo as one of my all time favorite actors. His acting in this movie was so dramatic in a desperate kind of way, not to mention it felt so genuinely real. It was a hell of a performance. Not to mention Winslet did so much more with this role than she did with her part in The Reader. Her part was incredibly moving. Also, she looked better here than in The Reader. I also have to say it's rather unfortunate that Michael Shannon is facing off against Ledger, Downey Jr., and Hoffman, because it was a fantastic performance and he really did outshine Leo and Winslet (I'm not saying I'd like to see him win, but I thought his role was excellent and worthy of the nod). It's ashame this movie wasn't up for Best Picture, it was so damn good.

I agree.

This is a great film. DiCaprio any other year would have been recognized for his performance in it, but when we have what we had in Langella, Rourke, and from what I hear Penn (though I have yet to see Milk), it was an uphill battle for Leo this year. He will get his Oscar someday though. Winslet was spectacular in the film, also. Her and Leo delivered the fire in this film. I thought it was wonderfully paced, and yes it is not a subtle theme it had going for it, but films don't need to hide its message to be great. I'll do something more in depth on it when I review it for my blog though.

All in all, highly recommend.

It's a great film Shape. I highly recommend it!
icon14.gif

I've been meaning to. Believe it or not, Titanic is one of my all-time favorite films (everyone seems to talk smack about it now), and I have been waiting for the Leo and Kate reunion for sometime. I felt Leo was robbed of an Oscar nomination back then, and probably now. This is next on my list to see. :up:

I've been meaning to. Believe it or not, Titanic is one of my all-time favorite films (everyone seems to talk smack about it now), and I have been waiting for the Leo and Kate reunion for sometime. I felt Leo was robbed of an Oscar nomination back then, and probably now. This is next on my list to see. :up:

Me too. It was great seeing Kate and Leo together again! (And Kathy Bates in there with them too.)

Me too. It was great seeing Kate and Leo together again! (And Kathy Bates in there with them too.)

Yeah, it's funny the Unsinkable Molly Brown wound up being a part of their big reunion. :hehe:

Titanic is not a bad film at all. I think it is great. However, As Good as it Gets, LA Confidential, and Good Will Hunting were better movies, thus it shouldn't have won BP. However, I think Cameron deserved BD for it.

Titanic is not a bad film at all. I think it is great. However, As Good as it Gets, LA Confidential, and Good Will Hunting were better movies, thus it shouldn't have won BP. However, I think Cameron deserved BD for it.

I'll politely disagree, but this is no place for this debate. :up:

I'll politely disagree, but this is no place for this debate. :up:

Agreed. We can make a Titanic thread if there isn't one already if we wanted to debate that :yay:

I just watched this for the first time earlier today. I was blown away by how real it felt throughout. Incredibly sad and DiCaprio has yet to ever disappoint me and that is why he is one of my favorite actors today :up: Michael Shannon practically stole the movie with the scenes he was in and knew he'd be a treat when he walked into their house for the first time. It's funny how for some reason I felt I expected this movie to be maybe 20 or 30 minutes longer, but it covers alot of ground and story at under 2 hours. Very impressive. If this was released this year, with the Academy's new 10 film lineup for BP it'd have definitely made the cut. I guess Winslet would've been featured in two BP nominees then, since The Reader was sooo on the same level as this :whatever:

What a powerful film though

9/10 :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"