Dark of the Moon Did Anyone Else...

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
...get a little bored with the entire action scene in Chicago?

I'm talking from the moment Sam, Epps, and crew reach Chicago all the way until the ending credits. The whole third act of the movie was the entire action scene. Granted, before these big budget action films get released in the theaters, we often fantasize about actually having long action scenes. However, with this movie, I got a little bored. There was something off about the pacing. Forty minutes of robots beating the crap out of each other sounds cool on paper, but at least in this film, it didn't turn out as I expected.

I was bored because after awhile it seemed liked their was no narrative to it. We would jump from scene to scene. I mean how did Bumblebee go from saving Sam to being hostages with the other Autobots? It reminded me of the terrible 3rd act action of ROTF but not nearly that bad. The action in this movie was at least coherent but some plot contrivances just made it really tedious and stupid.

Certain set pieces were interesting to watch such as the toppling building but together as a whole that last third was a mess.

Last edited:
I got a bit bored during TF2 because the plot couldn't make up its mind about where it was going and what it was doing. TF3 wasn't Homer but it was still better written and the plot points actually felt relevant to the overall story, enough so that it kept me interested and I never checked my watch.

...get a little bored with the entire action scene in Chicago?

I'm talking from the moment Sam, Epps, and crew reach Chicago all the way until the ending credits. The whole third act of the movie was the entire action scene. Granted, before these big budget action films get released in the theaters, we often fantasize about actually having long action scenes. However, with this movie, I got a little bored. There was something off about the pacing. Forty minutes of robots beating the crap out of each other sounds cool on paper, but at least in this film, it didn't turn out as I expected.

I love me some action.

Having said that. There were definintely some parts in the finale that dragged. As epic as the scene with the drill thing taking down the building was...everything leading up to that moment was just dragging.

It just seemed like we were following Sam, Epps, etc. FOOOOOOOORRRRREVVVVER. It definitely crossed my mind more than once, "um...where the hell are the Autobots?"

When the Autobots were on screen and taking on the Decepticons, I was hooked. The same when Lennox and his crew entered the fight (them 'flying' into the battle was breathtaking).

But the parts where we were simply following Epps and Sam, etc. as they were trying to hide from the Decepticons.

That part was testing my patience.

Never. The whole movie was just a ton of entertainment. I laughed, I cried (well, a tear maybe) and I loved it. I knew it was going to be almost three hours, but I kept wanting it to go on and on. I didn't want it to end.

I liked the part where they were sliding and running inside the building it was intense!

But the robot fights were lame especially Optimus Prime's fight scenes. Megatron/Sentinel Prime were beaten in like 1 minute.

I didn't find Transformers: Dark of the Moon boring at all.

Last edited:
There are parts of the final battle which are very boring, we get that moment of "hell yeah" when the autobots return but then it just goes to Sam and Epps, etc running through buildings etc for a while. There was just too much human involvement in the final battle it was like 70% humans 30% Autobots and this was meant to be the final Transformers battle.

Dont get me wrong, as a whole the final battle was really good, with some AMAZING moments, but they missed to much out. We should have seen Optimus getting his trailer, we should have seen Shockwave hunting The Wreckers and we should definately have seen The Autobots being captured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"