Did anyone here watch "Dungeons & Dragons"?

Dr. Fate

Avenger
Reaction score
Yes? No? Anyone even remember that there was an animated adaptation of the "Dungeons & Dragons" game?

Didn't know there was a series, but the movie sure did suck.

I remember it. it kicked copious amounts of asses. it was pretty dark for a saturday morning cartoon, as I recall it. Venger and Tiamat were unbelievably badass.

with all the 80's revivals going around these last few years, the D&D cartoon definitely deserves a comic.

I had a love/hate relationship with the D&D cartoon. One episode I'd hate it, another I would love it.

I loved the cartoon when I was a kid. That is what the movie should have been based off of.

Toon Disney is showing the old cartoons again.

I kinda remember the old cartoons, I remember watching it and liking it, but don't remember any plots or episodes in particular. Back when the big 3 networks would actually have cartoons on Sat. morning, those were great times, truly the golden age of cartoons, the early to mid '80s

I remember that show....loved it. I used to pretend for hours that I had that Energy Bow.

Yeah, but I don't remember all that much about it. Tiamat, or somebody, was in it. Her, and Venger, who is asymmetrical and EVIL.

I watched a few episodes of it. Some of the humor was pretty goofy... but from what I could tell, the show had a lot D&D RP homages. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. :)

the cartoon was such a part of my childhood...dumba#$$ always had a chance to go home at the end of each episode..but always choose to stay behind....grrr

Yeah I remember that. There's always the chance to go, but someone would screw up and the chance would be gone because everybody would decide to stay and save whichever dorkus got caught, usually the stupid "Paladin" who was a complete coward and incredibly selfish.

Mrh7448 said:
Yeah I remember that. There's always the chance to go, but someone would screw up and the chance would be gone because everybody would decide to stay and save whichever dorkus got caught, usually the stupid "Paladin" who was a complete coward and incredibly selfish.

as I recall it was almost always Uni, that annoying unicorn. which reminds me of a pretty funny rumour...

see, the cartoon never got a proper ending, but a few years ago surfaced on the internet a rumour about a supposed final episode, in which, get this: we discover that the kids died in the rollercoaster from the first episode (before they went to the D&D world) and that they were in purgatory.

not only that, but Dungeonmaster was not only Venger, but also the devil (!), Uni was a demon who was with them to keep them from going back, and Tiamat was actually an angel.

needless to say, it was a hoax.

though one of the writers did say in an interview that they intended to have a final episode in which we find out that Venger is actually the Dungeonmaster's son turned evil. that sounds more plausible.

I loved Tiamat. She was an awesome looking dragon. Venger was a cool villain as well. I'm surprised these aren't out on DVD.

I was a neat for for the time it aired. I might would watch it now if it came on The Scooby-Doo Netw....er....I mean Cartoon Network.

Kable24 said:
I loved Tiamat. She was an awesome looking dragon. Venger was a cool villain as well. I'm surprised these aren't out on DVD.
Well it will be later this year.

JackBauer said:
A final episode, in which, get this: we discover that the kids died in the rollercoaster from the first episode (before they went to the D&D world) and that they were in purgatory.

not only that, but Dungeonmaster was not only Venger, but also the devil (!), Uni was a demon who was with them to keep them from going back, and Tiamat was actually an angel.

I use to love this show. This ending above would work, totally unexpected. (Kids dying on a cartoon? Cool!)

Loved it. My avatar the past few weeks was of Venger before i changed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"