Did brett ratner save the x-men

GambitXremy said:
saint then we would not have a x-men 3

How so ? If Rather said no to the offer FOX would have for sure found someone else

GambitXremy said:
your full of **** knives

dude, are you like 10 years old, your past three posts really show you maturity.......... grow up or get off the boards

hey dont tell me **** i've been on these borads forever i love the x-men they changed my life i swear

Strgts said:
How so ? If Rather said no to the offer FOX would have for sure found someone else

exactly, if Ratner said no, they would have got W.S. Anderson........ if Anderson said no, we would have got like Uwe Boll or somthing,

you know that would have happened, Fox was hell bent on getting this movie released before SR, look at the budget for proof, they are throwing money at this hoping it will make the movie better...........

I guess I don't blame Ratner tottally, the money was probably great, and atleast he somewhat cared about the film, it could have been much worse, but at the same time, it could have been much better...... I would have easly waited till late 2007 or early 2008, for a Singer directed X3, but that's just me

i think to answer your question...yes i think because of ratner he allowed the movie to not be "exactly" the last stand, whereas i think initially this was going to be it, everyone dies, logan leaves, etc. but i have a feeling it was his idea to keep it open ended, and while cyclops isn't in 3/4 of the movie, we don't have substantial evedince he is completley dead (from what i have been reading, i looks like they don't have a body so that can very well leave it open ended for his return) and of course this ending with magneto we have been hearing so much about and xavier (leaving that open ended as well)

i havent seen the movie yet, so i won't cast judgment on weather it is good or bad, it looks awsome, true we have only seen the action stuff in the previews, but i have said this before, we have seen more action in these preveiws then in X1, and 2 combined, which to me is a good thing

singers movies where by no means flawless(kind of annoying to me a die hard fan of the comics at times even, i.e. logan getting his ass kicked by mystique, storm not being african, or even in the movies very much) so i think ratner can easily do a on par job, and hopefully movie the saga along

GambitXremy said:
hey dont tell me **** i've been on these borads forever i love the x-men they changed my life i swear

can you post on thing on here without swearing, it doesn't make your case stronger, it just makes you seem immature and angry:down

I'm sorry knifes and saint i just love te x-men if you knew were i grow up u would know i'm sorry

I can answer this more after i've seen the movie!

But I can't honestly see Bryan Singer coming back to Fox, smiling sweetly, and offering to do X3. He made his choice and he left. And who is to say that Fox would have allowed his idea of an X3 and X4 - it sounds good in practice but would it be approved in reality? If Bryan did come back, there are still plenty of characters, ideas and storylines left. But have Schuler Donner or Avi ever said they'd have Singer back to do another X-movie? Are they all still on good terms? Have they ever wanted him back?

And if Brett hadn't done it, they'd have got someone else. It looks like Brett has done a good job, based on what I've seen so far.

X-Maniac said:
if Brett hadn't done it, they'd have got someone else

Exactly FOX was Hell Bent on getting this in Theaters before Bryans Superman. Bryan said back then he would have no problem doing X3 after Superman but this is FOXs big **** you to Bryan & as I said they were HELL BENT on getting this Movie done so if Ratner had not done it someone else would have

X-Maniac said:
I can answer this more after i've seen the movie!

But I can't honestly see Bryan Singer coming back to Fox, smiling sweetly, and offering to do X3. He made his choice and he left. And who is to say that Fox would have allowed his idea of an X3 and X4 - it sounds good in practice but would it be approved in reality? If Bryan did come back, there are still plenty of characters, ideas and storylines left. But have Schuler Donner or Avi ever said they'd have Singer back to do another X-movie? Are they all still on good terms? Have they ever wanted him back?

And if Brett hadn't done it, they'd have got someone else. It looks like Brett has done a good job, based on what I've seen so far.

you just never know, wierder things have happened, apparently they are all friends, so maybe we will see another x-universe film by singer...... but not for awhile, the WB is ready to contract him to another supes film, plus he wants to do Logan's Run, and he also producers alot of TV shows, he's a busy man, it's a long stretch, but we just never know, Fox should approach him, and contract him to do a future x-men film, for like 2009 or something,

JokerNick said:
he wants to do Logan's Run

Hes not going to do Logans Run. He is going to do the Superman Sequel earlier then expected. I guess he can do Logans Run somewhere down the line. But it wont be anytime soon.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Compared to what we would have gotten under Vaughn, yes.

That's what I think Ratner saved us from.

Singer's movies were awesome, and didn't need saving.

And it's not Ratner's fault that Kinberg and Penn wrote stupid **** like killing Cyclops.

Honestly, as much as I like Singer's movies, I dunno if we would have gotten as good an X-Men 3. Sure, Cyclops would have survived, but Storm would have disappeared without explanation. And granted, he gave us some great action sequences, but Singer would NOT have given us the final battle we are getting with Ratner.

So, there was really no "saving" that needed to happen to the franchise, as the 1st to movies were excellent. But I think that Ratner upped the ante more than Singer would have, and Ratner definatley saved us from what Vaughn would have done.

Pretty much :up:

JokerNick said:
Some where, I read an interview with Singer, he said tht he would have saved the phoenix for x4, and that we would have ended x3 with the ressurection of Jean Grey.............. trust me, Singers would have been the best x3, Donner was mad that singer didn't share with them his plans for the movie when he left, that shows you how much those people wanted a "Singer" version of X3......

Whoa - I like the sound of that

Strgts said:
Hes not going to do Logans Run. He is going to do the Superman Sequel earlier then expected. I guess he can do Logans Run somewhere down the line. But it wont be anytime soon.

that's why I put Logans run after the next superman movie, he might not direct Logan's Run tho, he may end up just writting the script and producing it..........

what if Hugh jackman was in Logan's run, lol

JokerNick said:
what if Hugh jackman was in Logan's run, lol

That would just show us that they are still on good terms & FOX can go **** themselves

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Pretty much :up:

Whoa - I like the sound of that

from what I heard, it would have been the Brotherhood vs, the X-men, but huge, and he was going to include Beast, Angel and Gambit, and that Sabortooth would return, maybe toad too........ with each of the teams concintrating on each other, the government releases the sentinel program, and therefor starting a war against all mutants becuase of the mutant civil war............ then X4 was going to have the phoenix arrising, picture her as unstoppable, then the humans declaring peace with the mutants so the mutants and humans could come together and bring down the phoenix.......

JokerNick said:
you just never know, wierder things have happened, apparently they are all friends, so maybe we will see another x-universe film by singer...... but not for awhile, the WB is ready to contract him to another supes film, plus he wants to do Logan's Run, and he also producers alot of TV shows, he's a busy man, it's a long stretch, but we just never know, Fox should approach him, and contract him to do a future x-men film, for like 2009 or something,

I'd be interested to hear an official line from Fox and from Singer.

But I seriously doubt Singer will be back. He raced off and took his X3 ideas with him.

I prefer it that we are getting an X3 now. I think any dramatic divergence from source material is not necessarily down to Brett or Simon/Zak, it's down mostly to studio politics. I'm unsure about some of the deaths, but I'm willing to watch this as a movie in its own right and see if it works in that context rather than screaming and hating before i even get to see it.

I say after this give Marvel the rights back & in a few years let them start over the right away & show FOX how its done

Saint said:
Save it from quality, sure.

If Ratner had the balls to say "it's a mistake to pack an entire production into less than a year," we'd be getting a better movie. But no, he had to go along with Fox's Singer vendetta; their need to slop down a pile of crap in front of Superman Returns.

Yes, because X-Men 1 and 2 had a lot of production time and were timeless masterpieces of cinema. X-Men 1 beautifully balanced a badly conceived story, a few terrible casting choices (Berry, Madsen, and two forgotten Brotherhood members) with non-existent fight scenes and effects. X-Men 2 took the brillant doomsday device scenario invented for the first film and repackaged it, but this time everyone could have died! They also made sure to continue the emotional character arcs of the lady in the wig and the guy in the visor. Indeed, if only they gave Ratner more time I'm sure the story, action, effects, and character arcs could have been better then the prequels. This is Godfather 3 all over again. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"