The Dark Knight Rises Did Bruce and Alfred have mutual love for Gotham?

Shpati

Civilian
Reaction score
What do you guy think? Do you think they both loved Gotham?

Personally, I think Alfred did not really like Gotham much, while Bruce felt that his goal was in Gotham? Alfred just loved the Wayne family, in my opinion, which happened to be in Gotham.

Never wondered that myself. But yes, now that you mention, Waynes's killing and Bruce turned into a costumed freak... that might have put a distance between Alfred and Gotham.

Yeah, Alfred didn't come from Gotham so he doesn't have that attachment at all. The Wayne legacy keeps him there.

I think Alfred's "I never wanted you to come back to Gotham" bit says it all.

They had a computer love for Gotham City.

Mmm, yeah.

Alfred's loyalty and love is just for the Waynes. That's how I see it.

I think all you guys are right on the money.

You could argue that Bruce's attachment to Gotham was based on the Wayne family as well. His strive to fix the city as both Bruce Wayne and Batman was heavily influenced by Thomas Wayne's philanthropy. He was always attempting to emulate his father in one way or another, with the most transparent being Bruce's fusion reactor project directly echoing his father's monorail. So in the end when he escapes Gotham he "dies" as Bruce Wayne as well as Batman, letting go of his burden to his family's legacy and thus the city itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"