• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Peter leech any/all of Sylar's abilities?

I didn't think of this at all - do you think some powers are "good" and others "bad"? That would mean when he leeches a darker character - Syler, Nathan - he gets violent and dangerous, ie gives into the dark side of the force.
no, but the people are. Peter is an empath. the definition of empathy is, "vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another." to access those abilities, he recalls the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of the "host". since Sylar is evil...well, you get the idea.

-Æ-;11232753 said:
Actually this isn't speculation, it was said that the reason for the coma, and the reason for his powers to manifest at the same time is that he came in contact with corrupted DNA (sylar) which they Bennett mentioned sylar when he captured him as "your corupted DNA". Give me some time and ill put all the info up, but its not speculation, its been proven.
from within the series or from without?

Also episode 16 further proved it when he was able to manifest sylar telekenisis power.
that doesn't prove it. i understand why he has the abilities; i don't think that's being debated. but the cause for the coma, from what i can tell, hasn't been explained. everyone has been quick to jump on the overload theory, i just offered up an alternative one - and one that i prefer (but then, i'm biased :cwink:).

no, but the people are. Peter is an empath. the definition of empathy is, "vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another." to access those abilities, he recalls the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of the "host". since Sylar is evil...well, you get the idea.

Just because Claude called him an empath doesn't mean he is one, and it could work differently on Heroes. I think he simply taps into his memory to remember the people and manifest their powers. The connection he needs with others is what makes him an empath, not the fact that he mimics emotions or attitudes.

Just because Claude called him an empath doesn't mean he is one, and it could work differently on Heroes. I think he simply taps into his memory to remember the people and manifest their powers. The connection he needs with others is what makes him an empath, not the fact that he mimics emotions or attitudes.
he was one before Claude called him that. after all, these aren't his innate abilities. "vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes [or abilities] of another" fits pretty well, to me.

and how does the information get from the writer to the viewer? what vessel is used to communicate that info? Claude as teacher/master. so, yes, in this instance Claude saying it makes it so.

Other way around actually. Peter can only access the abilities of others by remembering how they made him feel, not how they're feeling. His own words.

PS: metalokinesis? Do you mean Zane's power? I think he could just liquefy things, they didn't have to be made of metal. I doubt that phone was made out of metal for example. And Sylar's got cryokinesis as well.

Ah, yeah you're right. At the time, I only remembered the frying pan, toaster, and wrench. Hence = metalokinesis. Forgot about the phone.

So how does Sylar use his freezing powers? I wanted to see him use them again because I thought he froze onew his first victims and then open their head up.

We'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling he's got a lot more powers than we've seen.

I wonder if Peter has Charlies ability now too.

Nope. She died of a brain tumor instead of being killed by Sylar. Hiro prevented the murder, but couldn't stop her death... at least I think that's the case. Sylar hasn't showed that he can use her power.

In the latest chapter of the graphics novels, Sylar has her ability. Very confusing.

It doesn't really add up:

- Sylar kills Charlie.
- Hiro goes back in time to save her.
- Hiro arrives back in present-day.
- Charlie is still dead, this time from brain tumor.
- Sylar has Charlie's power.

Doesn't really add up, to me. Maybe i'm missing something.

Nope. She died of a brain tumor instead of being killed by Sylar. Hiro prevented the murder, but couldn't stop her death... at least I think that's the case. Sylar hasn't showed that he can use her power.
Hiro never prevented the murder.

It doesn't really add up:

- Sylar kills Charlie.
- Hiro goes back in time to save her.
- Hiro arrives back in present-day.
- Charlie is still dead, this time from brain tumor.

Doesn't really add up, to me. Maybe i'm missing something.

To me it's more like:

- Sylar kills Charlie.
- Hiro goes back in time to save her,
- He realizes she's gonna die anyway cause of her brain condition so,
- He goes back in present-day, nothing's changed.

Charlie's co-worker in the diner even said she died because of her brain tumor.

from within the series or from without?

that doesn't prove it. i understand why he has the abilities; i don't think that's being debated. but the cause for the coma, from what i can tell, hasn't been explained. everyone has been quick to jump on the overload theory, i just offered up an alternative one - and one that i prefer (but then, i'm biased :cwink:).

This is all within the series, its been explained and shown.

how does Peter's power work on memory and feelings?
he used Sylar's TK, and he didn't even remember Sylar until Claude brought up TK

how does Peter's power work on memory and feelings?
he used Sylar's TK, and he didn't even remember Sylar until Claude brought up TK
his subconscious did even though his conscious mind didn't. in that instance it was a reflex, just as his recalling Claire was right before he was injured.

Dude I gave you the link to that interview and that's still not enough? An empath on Heroes just works differently, why is that so hard to believe? They're not real after all so they can make them work the way they want.

Dude I gave you the link to that interview and that's still not enough?
chill, dude. i didn't see your post at the end of page 1. AE said it was explained in the show. i asked him where it was explained. do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"