Die Hard

The Chairman

Pimps' Main Prophet
Reaction score
Growing up as a kid, I used to love watching the Die Hard movies. Even now, they still remain among my favorite movies.

The question this poll ask is, "which of three Die Hard movies is your favorite?".

Here's how I rank them.

1) Die Hard (1988)
One of, if not the, greatest action movies ever made. Well written, well acted, beautifully directed by John McTiernan and loaded with dazzling special effects, it is one of the few films fromt he 1980s' that still holds up well today. Bruce Willis has never been better than as off duty L.A. cop John McClane, an off duty cop who rages a one man war against ruthless terrorist Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman as one of the greatest villians in film history) in order to save his estranged wife (Bonnie Bedelia) and 30 other hostages in time for Christmas.

2) Die Hard With A Vengeance (1995)
The third outing in the franchise is one of the best third outings of any franchise, as the third film is generally is the weakest. In many ways measuring up to the brilliance of the film, this one finds McClane back home in New York, and once again things aren't going to well. When a mysterious terrorist named Simon (the one and only Jeremy Irons) with a connection to McClane's past targets him for his own personal game of cat and mouse. Now, McClane, along with a hesitant civillian partner (Samuel L. Jackson, great as always), must find Simon and stop from him blowing up all of New York City. 11 years later, it's still an awesome flick, even if its plot has taken on some disturbing undertones since 9 / 11.

3) Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990)
Inferior to the first and third films, but a solid action movie overall. The second film in the series deals with Officer McClane once again on Christmas Eve, this time at Washington D.C.'s Dulles International Airport, awaiting the arrival of his wife. When a group of terrorists seize the airport in an attempt to rescue a drug lord from facing trial, McClane has to once again save the day, especially since his wife's plane is now unable to land and is running low on fuel. It's a little over the top, and the villian is highly forgettable, but the film does have some great action sequences and is an overall good entry in the series, even with its flaws.

What do you think?

i like the first one the best. but all 3 are enjoyable :up:

Die Hard - It is an incredible action movie that doesn't get old. No other movie can mix Christmas and Violence so well. "Hey kids, Die Hard is on. Screw It's a Wonderful Life"

Die Hard With A Vengeance - Love that beginning scene lol Well the whole movie is awesome :)

Die Hard 2 - It was a cheesefest. It's even worse on a cable TV :)

I have to go with first and one of the best Bruce Willis movie.

Alan Rickman was a badass as villain and one of the Britain's finest actors

McClane: "Yippee-ki-yay, mother****er." best quote of the movie.

John McLane went through the first Die Hard in his bare feet, you know you're badass when you can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"