Digital Cameras?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I don't have nor ever had a digital camera, but it has caught my interest in some level, however I must ask somethings about them. First, I don't want to send them to be developed, by someone or myself, so could I upload them and see them on my computer instead? Because what if I wanted to do something using photo editor or similar. Could that be done? Also, if so, what kind of digital camera should I get for that, or what is the best digital camera out there to get?

Thanks guys

The question is, what do you want out of it?

You take the pictures...put them on your PC..yeah you can leave them there and never get them developed. If you had a photo editor, absolutely...you can manipulate the pictures...

The question I have...
Digital Zoom or Optical Zoom (I reccoomend Optical Zoom, Digital Zoom is TERRIBLE)
Battery Life, is that important?
Storage?
Mega-Pixels?
Take Movies or not?
High-Contrast shots any good?
Good in the dark?
Speed of shot...

Those are the ones I use when I look

Sorry for such a late reply, and I mean late.

Anyway, at my store, the digital cameras there are around 5-15 dollars, but they are from Vivitar, and I don't know if they produce good cameras. The price is great, compared to the ones that are around or over $100, but maybe it's like that because they're cheap for a reason, you know.

The basic thing is: I have no need to take my digital camera to be develop at a store; I just want to take pictures and then upload them at my computer. As far as anything else Malice said: Battery Life? Well, obviously I want it to work whenever I need it. Storage: well I want to take as much as I could like to take, is there a limit on how much? Mega-Pixels, High-Contrast shots, Speed of shot: well, anything to make the images look good. But taking movies and good in the dark, I'll agree with that.

Now, of course, this may not help. I'm basicvally looking for an afforable and very good digital camera to take whatever I want with good-very good-excellent quality.

Blinker,

Now that real question is as Malice has said...What do you want with it? Want something you can pack in a bag, point and shoot and forget about it? Or do you want a camera that can pretty much work with anything, or are you talking about going pro? IF that's the case, this can cost a few thousand buckaroo's easy to a couple of hundred. This isn't even the top of the line stuff, at that rate. Keep in mind, a camera can be good, but you have to be just as good order to take good pictures as well. It's in all how you handle and what you choose.

The one thing I would watch out for is this, on a cheap point and shoot system it's not going to be a instant. There is going to be a few seconds delay as it takes the picture, unless you want to pay for a little bit more, or if your specifically have that feature in the camera. I would point this out as well, so your aware of the delay, and your not disappointed with your purchase. In the end, I would go to a online vender and read on some camera and then you can get a feel of what your looking for.

Now, I can give you a little bit of info on camera venders:

1) Nikon: Usually, top of the line, and very pricey, but you get the quality out of it. Back in the day, this is what my mom had (Pro) and it was amazing for 35 MM.

2) Canon: Another top contender, IMO. I know a lot of Pro Photographers that love the Rebel EOS line from Canon.

3) Olympus: This is another one that my mom had for awhile, and it was pretty good camera. I say it's on the lower end of the higher end of the spectrum. I had a Point and Shoot with it that we lugged around for awhile until it gave out (A lot of wear and tear)

4) Pentax: Middle of the Road. Not bad, but not great either.

5) Vivitar: Cheaper line.

6) Minlota: I can't qoute them, never worked with them. I think they are a Middle of the Roader as well.

I only know more of the pro side of the camera's since I my mom use to do a lot of photography back in the day, and that's what I'm going off of. I've been very tempted myself to get back into it, so I guess your kinda helping me out as well looking back into the digital era better (I want to go Pro).

G'Luck,
Ali

Last edited:
Blinker,

Now that real question is as Malice has said...What do you want with it? Want something you can pack in a bag, point and shoot and forget about it? Or do you want a camera that can pretty much work with anything, or are you talking about going pro? IF that's the case, this can cost a few thousand buckaroo's easy to a couple of hundred. This isn't even the top of the line stuff, at that rate. Keep in mind, a camera can be good, but you have to be just as good order to take good pictures as well. It's in all how you handle and what you choose.

The one thing I would watch out for is this, on a cheap point and shoot system it's not going to be a instant. There is going to be a few seconds delay as it takes the picture, unless you want to pay for a little bit more, or if your specifically have that feature in the camera. I would point this out as well, so your aware of the delay, and your not disappointed with your purchase. In the end, I would go to a online vender and read on some camera and then you can get a feel of what your looking for.

Now, I can give you a little bit of info on camera venders:

1) Nikon: Usually, top of the line, and very pricey, but you get the quality out of it. Back in the day, this is what my mom had (Pro) and it was amazing for 35 MM.

2) Canon: Another top contender, IMO. I know a lot of Pro Photographers that love the Rebel EOS line from Canon.

3) Olympus: This is another one that my mom had for awhile, and it was pretty good camera. I say it's on the lower end of the higher end of the spectrum. I had a Point and Shoot with it that we lugged around for awhile until it gave out (A lot of wear and tear)

4) Pentax: Middle of the Road. Not bad, but not great either.

5) Vivitar: Cheaper line.

6) Minlota: I can't qoute them, never worked with them. I think they are a Middle of the Roader as well.

I only know more of the pro side of the camera's since I my mom use to do a lot of photography back in the day, and that's what I'm going off of. I've been very tempted myself to get back into it, so I guess your kinda helping me out as well looking back into the digital era better (I want to go Pro).

G'Luck,
Ali

Okay, well the camera I always like are the ones you can easily take out, snap, and put back in. I happen to know, unless I'm wrong, that there are digitial cameras out there that can do that like regular film cameras, even at sizes that could fit in your pocket. Pretty much, I want to shoot pictures, from outside to inside. Simple as that. That's pretty much it: simple.

Now I just came back from work (I work at Rite Aid Drug Store), and I saw more of the digital cameras we sell. We also sell the ones that are around $100-170, but we have afforable ones as well. Like I said, we have ones from the brand Vivitar, but also ones from Digital Concepts and Rite Aid itself. One is reuseable, and another that is a 5.1MP (as both are stated on their boxes). But again, if they're affordable, the fear is that they might be because it is a pile of *****.

I don't know how much more I can describe what I'm looking for, other than what I have said: a digital camera that is simple and afforable, like the film cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"