Discussion: Bloomberg's Ban On Large Sugary Drinks

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
http://reason.com/archives/2013/02/16/what-cspi-gets-wrong-in-latest-fda-petit

I read the article, but couldn't think of a post title for here..but kinda doubt this happens. But basically...

The major action turned out to be a petition CSPI submitted to the FDA requesting that the agency take action to restrict the amount of added caloric sweeteners like sugar and high fructose corn syrup in soda, juices, and other beverages. In its petition, CSPI also urges the agency to take action to limit the presence of such sweeteners in non-beverage foods.

Isn't calling soda a "bioweapon" just a bit over the top?

Just curious, how many here would consider themselves as addicted to soda? You've tried to quit but couldn't maybe, or you get the withdraw headaches.

Just curious, how many here would consider themselves as addicted to soda? You've tried to quit but couldn't maybe, or you get the withdraw headaches.
I've gotten very grumpy whenever I've tried to quit. Only once was I not grumpy when I tried to quit and that was because a person was there for me to constantly find non-soda replacements for me to drink so I found myself really appreciating that as opposed to being irritated. She always made sure my cup was filled with water or juice, or in the morning she would make me a hot chocolate. But when she left, I was back to the soda.

Soda? Bro...I am half joking here, but sometimes when I drink like a instant latte type drink I make and have a mtn dew in teh same hour, I'm like the pic of Ron Paul with the words 'Come at me, bro'

But no, I'm a ****ing addict. I actually traded off tobacco for caffeine. I drink 2-3 cans of soda a day, and a cup of instant latte/coffee.

I've drank entire pots of coffee in a single day. Get on my bio-organic weapon level.

As I drink my Route 44 Sonic Coke Zero.....I see no problems whatsoever with drinking a bio-weapon.

As I drink my Route 44 Sonic Coke Zero.....I see no problems whatsoever with drinking a bio-weapon.

Goodness Girl. If a Route 44 is 44oz, just drink Coke, not Coke Zero. :wow:

I got me some RC on sale...not impressed. Like flat/watered down Coke. But maybe it needs to be colder.

I think I'd be satisfied with any drink as long as I like the taste, it doesn't have to have caffeine.

I sometimes think I should cut out the one soda I drink a day (usually diet, but not always), but then I hear so many people say they drink several a day...anyway, I've held myself at a limit of one per day for several years now, though I suppose on the 4th of July or something I've drank more than one...although if so anything beyond the first one would be diet.

Goodness Girl. If a Route 44 is 44oz, just drink Coke, not Coke Zero. :wow:

I got me some RC on sale...not impressed. Like flat/watered down Coke. But maybe it needs to be colder.

Oh no....no.....no, if I take a drink of Coke, I feel like I have just put a spoon full of sugar in my mouth.

Yes it is 44oz. But, normally that takes me all day to drink. Sonic puts their drinks in really good cups that keep things cold, and Sonic ice is the best. I just drink on it all day. Coke Zero gives me the burn, that I looooooove, without the over sugar load.

Oh no....no.....no, if I take a drink of Coke, I feel like I have just put a spoon full of sugar in my mouth.

Yes it is 44oz. But, normally that takes me all day to drink. Sonic puts their drinks in really good cups that keep things cold, and Sonic ice is the best. I just drink on it all day. Coke Zero gives me the burn, that I looooooove, without the over sugar load.

:o Coke Zero is like eating a hamburger, without the burger.

Which is me, cause I am a vegetarian now lol.

:o Coke Zero is like eating a hamburger, without the burger.

Which is me, cause I am a vegetarian now lol.

No, that is Diet Coke....Coke Zero is like eating a Turkey Burger with no cheese.

I've shifted almost entirely to seltzer. Never seen or felt any withdrawals, and frankly, I doubt they exist. If they do, I guess I didn't have as much of a "problem" as people thought I did.

I have headaches when I stop drinking coffee and Coke Zeros.....I am definitely addicted to the caffiene

From someone who rarely drinks soda anymore, I'd be happy if they got rid of it. A drink that has no nutritional value or health benefits.

Although....I'd have to find someone else to mix Rum with.

Just my thoughts :)

Consumption of materials and substances have long surpassed the need to be solely for nutritional benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"