Discussion: Taxes and Taxation

Bad people can do good things incidental to their continuation of doing bad things. Justifiying and excusing behavior like this because they occasionally do something right is nonsense. Musk has wiped out most of his good will with his actions.

I wish Twitter was dying. It's become nothing but a cesspool of the worst of humanity.

Avoiding taxes and being anti-union, both like most rich businessmen do and are, do seem pretty minor compared to trying to save the world by increasing electric cars and decreasing carbon emissions, global warming but apparently a lot of the left do think tax rates are a worse problem than global warming.

The man is as much a narcissistic ******* as Trump. Avoiding taxes and being anti union is about greed and exploitation. If you think greed and exploitation can save the planet, well, good luck.

I swear, the Elon fanclub is so bizarre.

Bad people can do good things incidental to their continuation of doing bad things. Justifiying and excusing behavior like this because they occasionally do something right is nonsense. Musk has wiped out most of his good will with his actions.

He should have a lot of good will if global warming/carbon emissions mean the existence or not of civilization.

The man is as much a narcissistic ******* as Trump. Avoiding taxes and being anti union is about greed and exploitation. If you think greed and exploitation can save the planet, well, good luck.

He's done a lot more than many to do so and having as much and more electric cars than we we have now (which was far from easy or inevitable) is a minimum necessity to doing so.

Elon Musk could save the world if people would just get off his back about abusive working conditions and exploitation for his own enrichment.

The man is as much a narcissistic ******* as Trump.

You don't think Warren is narcissistic? She does seem to be when a person running a green energy business is selected as person of the year and her response seems to be that since he's rich and doesn't agree with me on taxes he shouldn't get any accolades. That she supports, claims to support, the idea of green jobs but hates a person contributing to them.

Sure, the twitter-obsessed dork whose psychotically trying to amass as much wealth as possible, whose in a spaceship/net-worth dick measuring contest with Jeff Bezos, is actually trying to stop global warming. Suuuuuuuure.

You don't think Warren is narcissistic? She does seem to be when a person running a green energy business is selected as person of the year and her response seems to be that since he's rich and doesn't agree with me on taxes he shouldn't get any accolades. That she supports, claims to support, the idea of green jobs but hates a person contributing to them.
Unsafe & Injurious Working Conditions Reported At Tesla Factory.

Behind Tesla’s rise, part 2: Former Tesla worker speaks out on grueling, unsafe working conditions

Tesla found guilty of union busting - The Labor Tribune

It's not an either or. We need green jobs, but we need green jobs that aren't just another way to create wage slaves.

And be specific: do you really think Elizabeth Warren was wrong to call out the massive tax evasion Elon Musk gets away? What's wrong with that statement. Maybe if we taxed these wannabe-Marie Antoinette's WE COULD FUND CLIMATE ACTION.

Elon Musk should come clean; Tesla's carbon emissions are rising

Where Does Elon Musk Really Stand On Fighting Climate Change?

And yes I know about his 100 million dollar carbon removal prize. 1) That's 3% of 1% of his net worth and 2) **** prizes, put your billions into active research and lobby the government to match you. He has enough money to actually put a huge dent in climate change, but it has to be with a huge swing, not these teensy weensy tiny whiney incremental nods and gestures that are minute enough to keep his disgusting wealth rolling in.

We need green jobs, but we need green jobs that aren't just another way to create wage slaves.

Are all non-union jobs not worth having, all non-union businesses' executives contemptible?

And be specific: do you really think Elizabeth Warren was wrong to call out the massive tax evasion Elon Musk gets away?

He's not who makes tax policies, sure we could eliminate some deductions and exemptions, I also don't think higher rates are necessarily a good thing though some increase also is not a terrible thing (I believe the US overall is comparable to or higher than other advanced countries for corporate tax), we probably do need some increases, what we should do with both deductions and rates depends on specifics.

He's just trying to pump up the value of the stock before he dumps his shares. Again.

He likely wants to dump his twitter stock after they refused to put him on the board.

I’m sure the fine will teach him a lesson

CTV News - A new billionaire has been minted nearly every day during the pandemic

The COVID-19 pandemic has been good for the wallets of the wealthy.

Some 573 people have joined the billionaire ranks since 2020, bringing the worldwide total to 2,668, according to an analysis released by Oxfam on Sunday. That means a new billionaire was minted about every 30 hours, on average, so far during the pandemic.

The report, which draws on data compiled by Forbes, looks at the rise of inequality over the past two years. It is timed to coincide with the kickoff of the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, Switzerland, a gathering of some of the wealthiest people and world leaders.

Billionaires have seen their total net worth soar by US$3.8 trillion, or 42%, to $12.7 trillion during the pandemic. A large part of the increase has been fueled by strong gains in the stock markets, which was aided by governments injecting money into the global economy to soften the financial blow of the coronavirus.

Much of the jump in wealth came in the first year of the pandemic. It then plateaued and has since dropped a bit, said Max Lawson, head of inequality policy at Oxfam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"