Discussion: The Iraq War

Status
Not open for further replies.
So John Boehner gave his own speach commemorating the end of the combat mission in Iraq. whilst doing so he ripped on opponents of the surge, for "fighting tooth and nail" against it and now taking credit for its successes. He has a point. However, also throughout his speach he praises the new "change in mission" i.e. the draw down and change of focus in Iraq, despite the fact that he and most other Republicans notably John McCain very much opposed and spoke out against the actions now being taken. So politics as usual.

So John Boehner gave his own speach commemorating the end of the combat mission in Iraq. whilst doing so he ripped on opponents of the surge, for "fighting tooth and nail" against it and now taking credit for its successes. He has a point. However, also throughout his speach he praises the new "change in mission" i.e. the draw down and change of focus in Iraq, despite the fact that he and most other Republicans notably John McCain very much opposed and spoke out against the actions now being taken. So politics as usual.
It's funny because even if McCain were President, we would have had to withdraw most of our troops by now anyways. Bush and al-Maliki made a deal that required most troops withdraw by now and the remaining withdraw by the end of next year. I wonder what Boehner would have said then.

Has anyone else heard about Wikileaks leaking even more documents?

:facepalm:

I'm sure they will...and will continue to do so.

According to Reuters, a federal judge has reinstated the case against Blackwater in Iraq. The case stemmed from charges against five Blackwater employees who killed 14 iraqi civilians in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"