Disney to locate A Wrinkle In Time

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121495

Jennifer Lee of Frozen/Wreck-It Ralph fame is penning the adaptation of the classic 1962 book about a family of intellectual and athletic prodigies that end up in a cosmic war spanning time and space.

It's a pretty good ass book, for lack of a better term.

Disney's taking another crack at this? I remember they did a TV movie 10 years ago or so that wasn't too impressive.

This should be interesting. I loved the books.

I remember that TV movie, it was a bit meh.

But as far as mining for intellectual properties go, this has money written all over it. Consider the similarities with other popular young adult franchises:

1) Fantasy/science fiction elements, but not too much and still set on Earth for the most part

2) Female protaganist who is a social outcast from society, but finds out how special she is

3) Features a dystopian society

Add to that the fantasy horses, which girls love for some reason, and you've got a hit on your hands.

Good, that last one was garbage

One of my favorite books as a kid

Will they still mention the tesseract or be too worried people will think it's a Marvel film? lol

Will they still mention the tesseract or be too worried people will think it's a Marvel film? lol

Hey, it's all in the "Disney universe" now, isn't it? Loki, Mufasa and Greedo can show up on Camazotz.

****, they can technically call this one THE tesseract if they make it a period piece or even present day.

With Lee on board, I'm excited. But they'll need someone like Brad Bird to tackle this. Someone 'Speilbergian'.

BTW, that TV movie didn't work because they watered down the weirdness.

well, that, and because it's a property that requires vision and production value.

I think DuVernay could knock it out of the park. Wasn't a fan of Selma, but her first film was very good.

I know BP would've been too on the nose for her, but I wouldn't have minded her doing Captain Marvel.

Wow that's a lot of talent there. Definitely worth checking out for those names alone

According to Variety, DuVernay dropped out of DreamWorks' "Intelligent Life" to focus on this movie.

I wager this movie will probably be a 2018 release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"