Disney to pull films from Netflix and start its own streaming service

**** them for doing this. We don't need yet ANOTHER streaming service.

Guess they realized that 1/3 share of Hulu wasn't enough.

When you realize what constitutes a Disney film presently it stings more. Lucas film, Marvel, the whole nine.

The article says they're also going to make exclusive movies for their streaming platform... I don't want to have to subscribe to see a new Pixar movie.

Honestly, I'll probably end up paying for this service. All of the new Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm movies in addition to exclusive movies and shows? And there's a strong chance we'll end up getting the animated classics too? I'm definitely down.

Yeah, I'd pay for this. Funnily enough, I'm watching Jungle Book on Netflix right now.

Does this mean Marvel movies too? **** you Disney

:cmad:

The thing is, they'll probably start pulling on-demand movies as well. Netflix will be more bare without Disney/Marvel.

Guess those rumors of Disney outright buying them weren't accurate.

This is weird after the deal they made rather recently.

I don't use subscription-based streaming services like Netflix, I've never really seen the appeal since it seems like Netflix is always getting rid of movies, and they don't seem to have a huge selection. I was trying to watch some movies with friends who used Netflix, and they only had ONE Marvel movie available, lol. I just stream stuff through YouTube and Amazon for a couple dollars per movie, hopefully Disney doesn't pull their movies from those sites.

Another studio trying to **** over the consumers. What a shocker. :whatever:

Instead of consolidating all of this into one easy to use service, they all want to be greedy bastards and force everyone to spend even more money on their own proprietary service. My answer to that is to stick with Netflix and if there is something on one of these services I want to see I won't be signing up with them to see it.

It was always exciting to see movies like Captain America: Civil War, Jungle Book, Moana, and Rogue One pop up on Netflix just a months after the release :(

Instead of consolidating all of this into one easy to use service, they all want to be greedy bastards and force everyone to spend even more money on their own proprietary service. My answer to that is to stick with Netflix and if there is something on one of these services I want to see I won't be signing up with them to see it.

Another thing that annoys me is the lack of a clear home media release schedule. I would be willing to buy Amazon's The Man in the High Castle on Blu-ray... but it doesn't exist. I'm sitting here willing to give them my money without a means to do it.

That's super annoying. It feels like the ink is still drying on the contract they signed with Netflix.

I personally don't want to have like half a dozen subscriptions to all sorts of crap. Whatever it is they plan on starting up you can bet I won't pay for it. I don't even pay for HBO and I love Game of Thrones. I'm not a fan of netflix either, once upon a time they had a lot of good movies. But most got cycled out, and the new ones they bring in are hit/miss.

The Marvel/Netflix universe is staying put, but plan on plenty of new Marvel and Star Wars shows to be streaming on their own service in the future.

It really was inevitable. Once streaming became the future, it really shouldn't have taken other companies so long to jump on the wagon. I question the viability of single network platforms, especially at CBS's price. But, I think Disney is big enough that it can make it work. Especially if they work out the correct price.

Before long there's going to be a hundred ****ing streaming services. All with a subscription fee. And then streaming content will be more expensive and cumbersome than ****ing cable.

Depending on the subscription fee and future exclusive content I might sign up for this, because Disney owns Star Wars, but this is frustrating as ****. Netflix had a good thing going. A great platform that any studio could use to distribute their shows and movies. But nooo! Studios werent getting enough money from that sensible arrangement.

All these studios are doing is encouraging more people to download shows and movies through unofficial sources. Lower income people wont pay for or cant afford cable and a bunch of streaming services just so they can watch a bunch of exclusive content.

Meh. I own the movies that I want to see, so I always just breeze by them on Netflix. And there's Redbox. Losing the Marvel shows would be disappointing, but that is a different discussion as those are co-productions with Netflix.

Ahh, a service where we can watch what we want when we want to instead of having to go through various channels like cable to get it.

....:dry:

If they make their entire classic catalog of live action and animated canon films and shows available here, this could be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"