Iron Man Sequels Disney will release Iron Man 3

But the thing they need to drop from the third is War Machine. We would've gotten more action sequences and more focus on the enemies had he not of been in it.

Wrong. War Machine wasn't the problem. The problem was Fury and Widow. They should've used those precious minutes to expand upon Vanko's character. Or at least increase the running time of the film by ten minutes.

Wrong. War Machine wasn't the problem. The problem was Fury and Widow. They should've used those precious minutes to expand upon Vanko's character. Or at least increase the running time of the film by ten minutes.

Yes he was, instead of Tony and Rhodey fighting, they could've had Vanko attacking Stark again. Instead of making Tony realize his out of control lifestyle will endanger people because a super villain crashed his party and hurt people, we get a play fight with Rhodey. At the expo, Hammer should've introduced the drones followed by the big daddy drone/suit, Whiplash v.3, then Whippy and the drones should've started f-ing stuff up at the expo with Tony getting there just in time to have them chase him. Maybe then we would've seen the final Whiplash suit for more than one freak'n minute.

At the end of the day all we got was a villain that attacks Tony in the beginning of the movie and doesn't see him again until the end. Instead of the scenes where Rhodey is pimping out the suit with the military, those could've been used to expand on Vanko's character.

Instead of them spending their money on making a War Machine suit, the cgi for the suit, and the promotion for War Machine, all of that could've gone towards Whiplash and some better looking suits.

Mickey Rourke/Vanko had the potential to be a great villain the likes of Heath/Joker, Molina/Doc Ock, McKellan/Magneto etc. instead he was reduced to a glorified cameo.

Whiplash seriously got the shaft in favor of War Machine.

Last edited:
The end battles should be like:
1. WM alone vs remaining drones.
2. IM alone vs Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo.

Oh WM is not a problem at all. It sells toys & it should have performed the job nicely.

ok man, just keep thinking Jon Favreau isn't going to have any inside info on the movie, just keep thinking he, Feige and Whedon won't get together sometime next year or at least him and Feige. Because at the end of the day after Whedon, Feige IS going to know what happens in ACT I, ACT II and ACT III of the Avengers and how that movie is going to end and what Iron Man will be doing.

So yeah just keep thinking Jon is going to be completely in the dark until the Avengers premiere.

LOL

Of course he is going inside knowledge, did I say he wouldnt? No, but because i'm showing a little concern at people you apparently love you're getting your knickers in a twist. But as I said, during the filming process things in the script change as does the ending often, and Favreau will have other movies on his mind other than Avengers, again my point is I dont want this rushed like IM2 was.

The end battles should be like:
1. WM alone vs remaining drones.
2. IM alone vs Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo.

Oh WM is not a problem at all. It sells toys & it should have performed the job nicely.

Yes he was a problem, a huge problem, he took away from both Iron Man and Whiplash. Whiplash especially.

And yes that's WM was brought into this movie, to sell toys and so people can see that Iron Man can work well with others. He really served no purpose in the story, take him out and nothing would've changed.

I wanted to see a progression with the Whiplash suit

Monaco scene

e5r0pt.jpg

Second encounter, a suit similar to this

24ytpom.jpg

Final encounter against a badass Crimson Dynamo/Whiplash suit.

Instead we only got the Monaco scene, a play fight with the Mark II and IV armors and a one minute fight at the end against a generic looking suit that I can't even find an image on google.

Of course he is going inside knowledge, did I say he wouldnt? No, but because i'm showing a little concern at people you apparently love you're getting your knickers in a twist. But as I said, during the filming process things in the script change as does the ending often, and Favreau will have other movies on his mind other than Avengers, again my point is I dont want this rushed like IM2 was.

What does script changes have to do with anything? Jon probably won't start with Iron Man until late summer when he's done with Cowboys and Aliens, by then for sure Fiege will know how the Avengers ends.

If anyone's getting their knickers in a twist it's you.

Well we don't even know that Jon Favreau will be involved in Iron Man 3.

The main thing that was disappointing, again, were the action sequences, Tony and Ivan's second encounter should've been at the bday part with Vanko sporting a Mark II armor that looked like triangular faceplate armor he has in the comics and him kicking Tony's drunk ass all over the place leaving him alive because he had something better in store for him or him remembering Hammer's "you just don't kill the guy" quote. Then the final encounter should have been obviously at the expo, with Hammer introducing the drones and Vanko and then Vanko being the one that starts destroying the Expo and Tony getting there just in time to save the day.

I didn't have a problem with the inclusion of War Machine, but I do agree that they should've done something along the lines of what your describing here with Whiplash. The whole party scene as it is in the actual film has always been a weak point of IM2, IMO.

You guys are bemoaning Whiplash when with the first movie to us it was a FOREGONE CONCLUSION that we would eventually see War Machine. They even ****ing telegraph, HEY WAR MACHINE IN THE NEXT MOVIE, in the third act of the first one. So don't act like we didn't expect or didn't want to see War Machine.

Yes he was, instead of Tony and Rhodey fighting, they could've had Vanko attacking Stark again. Instead of making Tony realize his out of control lifestyle will endanger people because a super villain crashed his party and hurt people, we get a play fight with Rhodey. At the expo, Hammer should've introduced the drones followed by the big daddy drone/suit, Whiplash v.3, then Whippy and the drones should've started f-ing stuff up at the expo with Tony getting there just in time to have them chase him. Maybe then we would've seen the final Whiplash suit for more than one freak'n minute.

At the end of the day all we got was a villain that attacks Tony in the beginning of the movie and doesn't see him again until the end. Instead of the scenes where Rhodey is pimping out the suit with the military, those could've been used to expand on Vanko's character.

Instead of them spending their money on making a War Machine suit, the cgi for the suit, and the promotion for War Machine, all of that could've gone towards Whiplash and some better looking suits.

Mickey Rourke/Vanko had the potential to be a great villain the likes of Heath/Joker, Molina/Doc Ock, McKellan/Magneto etc. instead he was reduced to a glorified cameo.

Whiplash seriously got the shaft in favor of War Machine.

I agree. Tony should've fought Vanko at that party instead of War Machine. It would've been great to see an actual fight where Stark isn't firing fully on all cylinders because he is drunk, and getting trashed. Vanko would've become arrogant and Stark might've loss confidence both in himself and in the eyes of the public. Then, it would be a rematch at the end when Tony has sobered up. There would've been a real sense of danger and it wouldn't have seemed so hokey and embarrassing.

Robert Downey, Jr. is cool with the news that Disney will release his next Iron Man movie. Disney is exercising their control of Marvel to release Iron Man 3 and The Avengers. At a press conference for his latest film, Due Date, Downey was enthusiastic about the Marvel developments.

PRO7.jpg

“Love it!” Downey exclaimed. “What’s that mean?”

After the explanation that Disney would indeed distribute Iron Man 3, Downey gave a real answer. “Well, you know what? I really loved our relationship with Paramount, but to me the main thing is I don’t care about any of that. They’re (Marvel Studios) going to make all those movies. I just want to make a great movie

And then, being Robert Downey Jr., he brought it back on message. “Thanks to my tutelage under two guys who know how to play with power, Zach [Galifianakis] and Todd [Phillips], I know exactly what to do with Iron Man 3… That was almost mad with power

Last edited:
What does script changes have to do with anything? Jon probably won't start with Iron Man until late summer when he's done with Cowboys and Aliens, by then for sure Fiege will know how the Avengers ends.

If anyone's getting their knickers in a twist it's you.

No i aint, as usual you are getting angry because someone dares to question your beloved franchise.

On movies like this, script changes happen on a daily basis, during filming, if Whedon suddenly decides to change some plot points at the last minute, which happens with blockbusters all the time, and they are already filming IM3, do you really think they are going to have time to do major re-shoots that maybe necessary? Its a valid concern, especially with the way IM2 turned out.

I agree. Tony should've fought Vanko at that party instead of War Machine. It would've been great to see an actual fight where Stark isn't firing fully on all cylinders because he is drunk, and getting trashed. Vanko would've become arrogant and Stark might've loss confidence both in himself and in the eyes of the public. Then, it would be a rematch at the end when Tony has sobered up. There would've been a real sense of danger and it wouldn't have seemed so hokey and embarrassing.

:up: I know, it would've been something straight from the comics.

No i aint, as usual you are getting angry because someone dares to question your beloved franchise.

On movies like this, script changes happen on a daily basis, during filming, if Whedon suddenly decides to change some plot points at the last minute, which happens with blockbusters all the time, and they are already filming IM3, do you really think they are going to have time to do major re-shoots that maybe necessary? Its a valid concern, especially with the way IM2 turned out.

lmao, I'm not getting angry, seems you are though.

But I guess since you're the only one that knows anything about making movies and the people at Marvel are as dumb as a box of rocks, the whole thing is doomed. :whatever:

If they were mid-shooting IM3, Feige wouldn't let Whedon make any major changes to Stark's story/outcome. They're not dumb.

lmao, I'm not getting angry, seems you are though.

But I guess since you're the only one that knows anything about making movies and the people at Marvel are as dumb as a box of rocks, the whole thing is doomed. :whatever:

Well, let look at it, they have made 3 movies and only one of them has had universal praise and unbridled success. IM2 had a good take, but either way, against what was projected, it was a dissapointment in both performance and the movie itself. And the less said about the handling of TIH and the whole Norton situation the better, not exactly the experts you make them out to be are they?

If they were mid-shooting IM3, Feige wouldn't let Whedon make any major changes to Stark's story/outcome. They're not dumb.

Apparently they are, apparently they don't have e-mails, cell phones, conference call phones, or any other type of way to communicate with each other. I guess they're stuck in the 1800s where they have to write a letter and deliver it on horseback.

Apparently Favreau is going to have to wait until May 4, 2012 to even get started on anything. Hopefully he goes to the midnight screening so he can get a day head start.

Well, let look at it, they have made 3 movies and only one of them has had universal praise and unbridled success. IM2 had a good take, but either way, against what was projected, it was a dissapointment in both performance and the movie itself. And the less said about the handling of TIH and the whole Norton situation the better, not exactly the experts you make them out to be are they?
Riiiight because making 312 dom, 621 ww and selling 5 million dvds in one week is such a huge disappointment. :whatever: Oh wait I don't want to name names, but weren't there people that kept saying IM2's take was going to hurt the dvd release, yet it ended selling 1 1/2 million more than it's predecessor. Such a huge disappointment. Also RDJ was on the Jay Leno Show 2 nights ago promoting Due Date, and Jay had a montage of RDJ's movies and guess which one got the biggest applause and cheers. Yeah so much for people not liking it.

And I guarantee Marvel knows more than the keyboard warriors that come on here and try to tell them how to do their jobs.

I thought War Machine, Black Widow & Nick Fury were all well placed in the movie and all helped reinforce the theme of the lone gunslinger not being the way that the hero should go and that Tony should rely on others and trust them to help carry his burden. But even so, I definitely think Whiplash got a bit shafted in the movie. Now this could have been fixed by simply adding another 10-20 minutes(which would still have made it less than 2 & 1/2 hours long and thus not such a big deal, IMO) to give Whiplash more screentime.

Also, shouldn't we have an IM3 sub forum now? The movie is confirmed.

Good deal for Marvel Disney. Disney can promote the hell out of the film, in ways that Marvel could not do on their own, and Paramount had no vested interest because they were getting a small percentage of the profits compared to Marvel.

Hopefully they can get back their other properties, it's just going to take some cash. 115 mil is chump change compared to what Marvel/Disney stand to make on that investment.

So?

Read the thread title - Iron Man 3 is still coming up. Ang Lee Hulk is the disappointment, not IM franchise or Marvel Studios films.

Instead we only got the Monaco scene, a play fight with the Mark II and IV armors and a one minute fight at the end against a generic looking suit that I can't even find an image on google

11092L.jpg

Best one I could find...

Never mind the Black Widow fight, Drones air fight, and Drones ground fight. There was plenty of action to keep me satisfied, a hell of a lot more than the first.

Robert Downey, Jr. is cool with the news that Disney will release his next Iron Man movie. Disney is exercising their control of Marvel to release Iron Man 3 and The Avengers. At a press conference for his latest film, Due Date, Downey was enthusiastic about the Marvel developments.

PRO7.jpg

“Love it!” Downey exclaimed. “What’s that mean?”

After the explanation that Disney would indeed distribute Iron Man 3, Downey gave a real answer. “Well, you know what? I really loved our relationship with Paramount, but to me the main thing is I don’t care about any of that. They’re (Marvel Studios) going to make all those movies. I just want to make a great movie

And then, being Robert Downey Jr., he brought it back on message. “Thanks to my tutelage under two guys who know how to play with power, Zach [Galifianakis] and Todd [Phillips], I know exactly what to do with Iron Man 3… That was almost mad with power
The audio bit about IM3/Disney from press. conf. is available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlYYM9uS5U

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"