Disney's The Black Hole Remake

I'll watch anything Joseph Kosinski make so I'm game. :up:

Can you imagine the reviews if this film is bad?

"The Black Hole sucks"

It would have been funnier if you said : The Black Hole stinks.
IMO.

Here's a case where a remake can only improve on the original. Great effects, bad movie.

Yeah, a human crewmember with random, unexplained psychic telepathy, that somehow works on robots too. I always LOL about that.

Joseph Kosinski Talks TRON 3 and The Black Hole Remake
Director Joseph Kosinski has managed to make a career out of making giant science fiction blockbusters. His previous films TRON: Legacy and Oblivion have a combined worldwide gross of over $650 million and with numbers like that, he must be doing something right. Kosinski is slated to follow up TRON: Legacy with a third film in the series and he's also remaking The Black Hole for Disney. Speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Kosinski gave brief updates on both films.

"Both projects are being written right now by two really talented writers. Jon Spaihts is writing Black Hole and Jesse Wigutow is writing TRON 3. Both scripts are in progress, I'm really excited about both. The fundamental ideas of both are really interesting. The TRON sequel kind of takes where we left off with 'Legacy,' that idea presented in the last few minutes of the film and really expands on it in a really exciting way."

When asked if The Black Hole was a "remake" or a "reboot" Kosinski said this: "I guess I would call it a reboot because the fundamental concept is there but we are taking it in our own direction."

The Black Hole was originally released by Disney in 1979 and directed by Gary Nelson. TRON: Legacy star Garrett Hedlund is set to return for the sequel, which is rumored to involve an exploration of life and death in the digital realm.

The original Black Hole is one of all-time favorite movies & a cult classic. It was a good movie in my opinion, but it had some flaws to it. One flaw it had was when the giant asteroid ripped through the Cygnus exposed the humans to the vacuum of space & nothing happened to them. Another flaw it had was the lack of back story on some of the characters such as the ESP Kate McCray had with Vincent or how she even acquired such ability.

I'm optimistic about the remake that's coming up & hopefully Kosinski will bring back iconic characters such as Vincent,BOB, & Maximillian, back into the fold. It's also exciting to see what new special effects they can use this time around with the black hole itself too. Lastly, I do hope that whenever this movie debuts, Disney can give the original film a proper special edition treatment to it with deleted scenes, commentaries, etc.

ScreenRant:
Screenwriter Jon Spaihts, who penned a remake of The Black Hole, says that the project may be too dark for Disney to make at the moment.
John Casteele said:
Speaking with Slashfilm, Spaihts offered a brief update on The Black Hole during a discussion of his experience co-writing Doctor Strange. As he described it:

Black Hole was an amazing experience. That was one of those movies I was stuck on until I cracked the beginning, and suddenly it just started to flow. I loved that script. It sits uneasily in Disney’s world as a dark epic, and Disney is in a very colorful place. They already have multiple big space epics going, so I don’t know how or whether it’ll find its way to light of day, but I sure wrote a heck of a movie and was thrilled to do it. It was very faithful to the original but clever in all the ways in that first film was silly, I hope.

io9:
A Naked Black Hole Is Screaming Through the Universe

The Horrifying Way You Might Escape a Black Hole

Scientists Have Detected Gravitational Waves Again

ScreenRant:
Screenwriter Jon Spaihts, who penned a remake of The Black Hole, says that the project may be too dark for Disney to make at the moment.

io9:
A Naked Black Hole Is Screaming Through the Universe

The Horrifying Way You Might Escape a Black Hole

Scientists Have Detected Gravitational Waves Again

Very interesting. I hope this project does reach fruition, as I think the original film had a very strong concept that could be further enhanced with a more fluid script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"