Djimon Hounsou is The Fisherman King

TFK's sudden death-by-Orm was kind of a shock. I felt badly for the Fisherman Princess, who we later see is forced into battle. She clearly didn't know what to do when hordes of Trench materialized during the battle for the Kingdom of the Brine (I love typing that).

Considering how OK everyone seemed to be with Orm did FK must have not been a very popular ruler lol

Considering how OK everyone seemed to be with Orm did FK must have not been a very popular ruler lol

As Orm, er. pontificated, TFK seemed to be the throwback philosopher-yin to their warrior-yang. I got the feeling everyone save Vulko thought it would only get messier if they tried to turn on Orm. Vulko knew only Arthur could take him down and undo everything he'd wrought. He knew Orm was shady.

As Orm, er. pontificated, TFK seemed to be the throwback philosopher-yin to their warrior-yang. I got the feeling everyone save Vulko thought it would only get messier if they tried to turn on Orm. Vulko knew only Arthur could take him down and undo everything he'd wrought. He knew Orm was shady.

Orm could have just imprisoned him, though. He must hate philosophers :)

His guards did start to attack Orm but then Nereus managed to kill them as well. Nereus did mention during his meeting with Orm that the Fisherman Kingdom are mostly philosophers and poets. Not really the warrior race like Atlantis, Xebel, and the Brine kingdoms.

Another throwaway role for my boy Djimon. He must be so pissed that he missed out on a role in Black Panther. At least he get's to come back in Captain Marvel.
Do you know what role he was going for in BP?

I don't think he was up for a role in BP. But before he was in Guardians of the Galaxy he said the one superhero he would like to play in live action would be Black Panther. Also he is playing the wizard Shazam in Shazam.

I don't think he was up for a role in BP. But before he was in Guardians of the Galaxy he said the one superhero he would like to play in live action would be Black Panther. Also he is playing the wizard Shazam in Shazam.
Ok thanks. Look forward to seeing more of him.

It was never official. Just hypothetical speculation from my pov. Djimon has said that he wanted to play a black hero so his kids will have some representation. That was his motivation for taking his role in Guardians. I don't think he read the script because his character was a crappy throwaway villain.

Also he's one of the few A listers in Hollywood that's actually born and raised in Africa. Not to mention he voiced T'chala in the BET animated show. I still hope they can give him a role as a village elder or do the voice of Bast in future Black Panther movies and projects.

He has got the role of Wizard Shazam who is among elders in the Rock of eternity council, I hope they don't kill him off in the movie.

It was never official. Just hypothetical speculation from my pov. Djimon has said that he wanted to play a black hero so his kids will have some representation. That was his motivation for taking his role in Guardians. I don't think he read the script because his character was a crappy throwaway villain.

Also he's one of the few A listers in Hollywood that's actually born and raised in Africa. Not to mention he voiced T'chala in the BET animated show. I still hope they can give him a role as a village elder or do the voice of Bast in future Black Panther movies and projects.
Thanks for that. Hopefully there is another good role for him that he is up for.

Thanks for that :up:
No problem. Marvel really effed him with the Korath role. Not only was he a villain, but he was a pretty crappy 1 dimensional character that was killed off. I'm guessing he was in no position to turn them down as he probably didn't want to burn bridges or act like a diva, but he deep down wanted to play a hero. Then a few years later they release the blackest and most African superhero movie ever lol. Poor guy must have been pulling his hair out (If he had any :p )

Watched the movie today and wow... 5 months of me wanting to see TFK and I was so very disappointed.

I really felt for you because I know how long you've been hyped to see this character. But I am sure we will see more of the Fisherman Kingdom in the future. Plenty more fish in the sea! :p
Thank you very much for the kind, warm words. I really appreciate it Willi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"