Do people actually like their doctors?

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
I've had my share of doctors (primary care physicians) and I kind of wonder.

I remember liking my doctors as a kid (pediatricians), but ever since I became an adult, it seems like every doctor I have had has either been a quack or a rather uncaring *******, who I get the feeling only sees me as a lakehouse payment. I would like to think I've had some unusually bad luck, but I start to wonder. What are others' feelings?

I realize doctors are only human, and have limitations. And from the looks of things, they're not exactly the happiest people, having to constantly deal with problems. But at this point, would them being replaced by robots / program really be a bad thing? Competent robots, I mean. Modern day doctors already outsource a lot of their work (just found out the other day that someone in India might be analyzing our X-rays), and half of what they do is dispense medicine like a vending machine.

Mine has kinda crappy bedside manner but he seems fine otherwise.

He also nearly died a few years back from being sick so...

I've met my share of pretty strange and mean doctors. :o

They usually root out exactly what brought the patient in on the given day. Some will sit and talk with the patient, others perform the exam, explain what's going to happen, and get to work. Those are the sort of bedside manners I'd want from my own PCP. Now, I have heard some people complain about a particular doctor coming across as being short, cold, what have you...but so long as they're competent about their profession, I'm not concerned with how they conduct themselves.

I wouldn't say that they hate their careers. You have to look at the amount of education, training, and debt they get themselves into for it. Medicine isn't something someone's going to stick with if they think that they will hate it.

My current doctor seems to be a very friendly & jovial & supposed to be Christian man who does volunteer work in foreign countries but I don't go to the doctor to make friends with them & have never tried to either, so I do all that I can to get in & out as soon as possible.

I don't like or hate my doctor.

My doctor's fine. I can't understand a word he says because of his thick Indian accent, but he's never killed me so I guess he knows what he's doing.

I have always had female doctors and there has never been an issue. My latest one is super friendly. Other than going for a checkup once a year, I don't see my doctor often. If you stay healthy, you don't have to worry about whether or not you like your doctor. Kind of like the dentist.

I think I like like my doctor.

brb gotta get my diary

My former doctor had a pretty crappy bedside manner so I didn't care for him. However, just the other day, I got a letter from his office that said he no longer works there so now I have to find a different one. No big deal, I was ready to drop him anyway...

Changed mine within the practice I am registered and never looked back, my current one is awesome, my previous one was a horrendous ordeal.

I like Dr Connor's. Hope he doesn't turn into a giant lizard.

Can't a man have a bit of cheese without interruption's?:o

Fallen Angel needs to see a doc, regarding his misuse of apostrophes.

My shrink is kinda surly at times but he is an old Belgian man that listens to people whine all day so I dont blame him. My physician is a young Polish guy and much easier to deal with.

I liked my pediatrician. He was a nice guy from India. The doctor I went to after him was a woman that didn't listen very well and was forgetful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"