Ultimate Spider-Man Do-Over Testfic

macattack

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, I decided to go ahead and write a do-over of USM. My hopes is when Fanfiction.net launches their Ultimate Spider-Man fanfic section that this fic will be the first one to be added. However, I am only writing two chapters currently as a test of the story. The first two chapters are a redo of Paul Dini's pilot, and after that the fic would go in its own direction. The tone of the fic is similar to Young Justice. I am also using many of USM's ideas (in an attempt to do them better), as well as doing some deviant takes on Marvel heroes to give a unique flavor, much like how Young Justice did some deviating with existing DC heroes.

So . . . tell me what you think of chapter one. Want to see chapter two?

All that I wanted, and I will be haunted, this gift is my curse for now.

One: Gifts and Curses

"Hi, this is J. Jonah Jameson, thank you for watching the Daily Bugle tonight. Spider-Man: Reckless Menace or Street-Level Hero? That is the subject of Sound Off tonight.

"Tomorrow makes it a year since Spider-Man made the switch from his days fighting in the MMA cages in downtown New York . . .
illegally, I might add, to becoming what some people call a 'hero of the streets'. But is he really?

"The truth is, no other so-called 'superhero' outside the Incredible Hulk has caused as much property damage in all of New York City as the so-called 'Amazing Spider-Man'. The bill from each of his 'exploits' has neared the $5 million mark! That is $5 million New York City could have put into different, more beneficial services, than cleaning up from the wall-crawler's wreckage! Does anyone not see that?

"Here's the deal. If any enterprising adult hero out there, bing this menace under control or otherwise
stop him so New York City can finally know some peace! Oh, and bring the Hulk under control too, if that's somehow possible.

"Look, I am a simple man. But the budget of New York City is at stake, and so is the lives of everyone in it. Same with every city nationwide that has had to deal with the influx of superheroes over the last couple of years. Our budgets, our peace of mind, and our daily lives just plain can't take it anymore! But it all starts with Spider-Man. Unlike the Hulk, there is no excuse for Spider-Man's behavior. Control him, or stop him however possible, so New York City can finally sleep at night knowing that only professional superheroes are out there protecting them from the freaks of nature in the world!

"Now, for analysis, we have Police Captain George Stacy of the NYPD . . ."

And so this is the lovely junk I have to listen to in the morning, Aunt May's DVR recording of last night's Daily Bugle. Every morning, I come downstairs, and here's J.J.J. critizing me for the zillionth time and displaying his inability to find a synonym for "menace". I mean, at least make it less obvious that you're rehashing the same points over and over again. Not asking for much here. Other than adoration, respect, and hosting a private party for yours truly. Okay, maybe that last point is going a bit too far.

"Peter, as good as it is that you're finally watching the news, you have ten minutes before you have to go to school. It's your first day, you can't be late," Aunt May says from behind me.

"I know, I know," I reply, tuning J.J.J. out as he attempts to rip into George Stacy. Captain Stacy is a strong man, a good man. He just lets J.J.J. bluster about for twenty seconds, and when J.J.J. finally stops, Stacy responds.

"The truth of the matter is that crimes attempted by the common criminal, no superpowers, has dropped by seventy percent since Spider-Man began his activities. The rise in supervillain activity, to me, seems to be correlated to a general rise in the number of supervillains."

"This does not explain the abnormally high property damage and-"

"Peter, please!" Aunt May grabs the remote and switches it off. "You're down to nine minutes now."

"Okay, okay."

Aunt May is forty-four years old, and seems about five or six years younger, she hasn't even started to go gray yet and her voice still sounds like it could come out of a twenty or thirty-something. She's active and strong, and . . . well, let's just say she's direct. There's no naunces, no censorship, no flip-flopping. She tells you exactly what she thinks.

Flash Thompson, the guy who is out to make my school life miserable, like to say about . . . you know what, why should I care? I promised myself, and promised Gwen, that I wasn't going to let Flash run my life this semester. It's the start of mo sophomore year. I'm done! That's what Aunt May would want too.

May sighs as she prepares her duffel bag. She works at a rehab center for professional athletes, helps condition and get them back on their feet. Among her clients is the current backup goalie for the New York Islanders.

"Just remember, Peter, you have some place to be after school. Don't forget, please."

"Yeah, I know. I'm not going to forget this for the world."

"You mean it, Peter?"

My recent history is coming back to haunt me, there's subtle skepticism in her voice. "Yeah, I do."
This means that Spider-Man can't be active after school, but that doesn't mean Spider-Man can't take a swing through the city before school. I'm going to look really bad to Aunt May if I don't make it this time, so I can't even risk taking a patrol through the city once school is over. If something is going down, I'm going to have to intervene, because that's my responsibility. Though I guess that avoiding responsibility isn't what Uncle Ben had in mind for me.

Now I don't know what to do. Argh.

All right, just take a swing through Manhattan. Try to ignore His Jolly Loudness blasting away on the Times Square screens. How the heck does J.J.J. even get the money to do that?

To make things worse, he's ranting about me again. This isn't a new recording by our happy, intrepid commentator either, it's like an advertisement for his Daily Bugle program, showcasing the "best of the Bugle" or something. J.J.J. seems to think that his rants about me are the "best of the best" because these rants seem to mention me every other time.

What does he have against me? I mean, his car was only dented slightly when I slammed Montana into it six months ago. And there was the time when I made the Spot's wormhole gun malfunction and it transported J.J.J. to the top of the Empire State Building. And then there was the time when I was playing bullfighter with Rhino and he wound up slamming into the Daily Bugle ground-floor recording studio.

Uh . . .

Okay, I think I know why the guy has a beef with me. But still!

Let's just take one last look through Manhattan, and then it's time to swing over back to Queens and get to school. It's only a half-day today, and then it's meeting up with May, and just have a nice peaceful night, without any Spidey-related-

Boom.

Spoke too soon, as always.

I swing in the general direction of the explosion. Seems like it happened a couple of blocks away. I hope this isn't Mysterio robbing yet another bank, frankly, Mysterio's shtick got old the fifth or sixth time. And he's attempted a bank robbery twelve times since I started this gig. He seems to break out of prison just to get caught by me. I wonder if he likes me or something.

I see crowds below me running away from a street in panic. Seems that I'm close to the. chaos.

A police car is suddenly sent flying through the air past me.

Yup, this is it.

Express elevator to the ground floor time.

The crowd's mostly cleared as I hit the ground. Looks like someone's attacked a armored car full of cash, considering the twenty-dollar bills flying everywhere and unconscious security guards, and, well, a smoking armored car. Not Mysterio's M.O.

There's a bald guy with a giant black pack on his back holding a beige sack of cash. He turns around as I approach him, and I recognize him immediately. He's rather infamous around New York.

"Trapster."

Trapster. Real name: Peter (yes, really) Petruski. He's a bank robber much like Mysterio, but unlike Mr. Goldfish Bowl Trapster here is actually good at what he does. He's gotten away before. He's not my typical enemy, though, Trapster is usually associated as a Fantastic Four foe, along with the rest of his Frightful Four friends, who are funded by Trapster's cash grabs.

Trapster grins as he sees me. "Well, well, if it ain't the bug boy. Fancy meetin' you here."

"Uh, technically, spiders aren't bugs, they're-"

"Who cares?" And he aims his gun/Super Soaker/nozzle right at my face.

I know what's coming, I've read the stories. Even one of the greats, Iron Man, got caught by this. Trapster is found of this weapon, where he showers you in something akin to cement, though it weakens over time, like glue. It's been said that this is deliberate by Trapster so he can't be accused of attempted murder.

I jump aside as Trapster does a quick spray of his gunk, and thankfully it flies past me and goes into a storefront. I do the run-around, eventually taking cover behind the smoking armored car as Trapster tries relentlessly to hit me.

Okay, so far, he hasn't got me glued up. Good start so far.

Trapster trying to goad me out. "So, this is the Amazing Spider-Man? What's the matter? You a coward?"

No, but I think I'm coming up with a plan.

I take a peek under the armored car. There's Trapster's feet, nice and exposed.

Plan: trap the Trapster. Yes, I had to say that.

I put my left hand under the car and spray both of his feet with my webbing. I get the intended effect, because after the typical "What the?" reaction, he starts wobbling back and forth, completely off balance.

Perfect.

I jump on top of the armored car, and he barely has time to even look at me before I'm already leaping at him.

My right fist has a short and not entirely pleasant meeting with his face.

He's knocked backwards and somersaults down the road, but that wasn't a finishing blow. This guy has a thick skin, he forces himself back up, and suddenly he doesn't look anywhere near as amused about the situation as before.

I wonder if he was underestimating me, and now he's going to go all out.

"A punk kid isn't going to be the one who catches me!"

Here comes the goop.

I run and swing to the left to jump on the side of a building and try to get a shot at him, but traces of Trapster's cement-style mix get attached to my costume, and when I stick on the building, I stay stuck. And no amount of struggling is going to allow me to break free. Not in enough time.

Trapster laughs as he walks towards me and aims that nozzle at me. "See? Not even the Fantastic Four can catch me. What makes you think you can?"

His eyes narrow. "Here's a taste of your own medicine!"

I aim my free arm at the nozzle. It's risky but I have no choice. I am not going to to be engaged in a pile of goop while this guy got away.

I fire, and I realized immediately that my aim's true. My webbing clogs his nozzle, and I immediately see steam rising out of his pack. My goop versus his goop, and my goop wins.

Come to think of it, that sounds really, really wrong. Forget I said that.

Trapster just gives me this look of forlorn resignation . . . no, I'm lying. He looked really, really mad, before his pack explodes, and when the smoke clears, he is covered in his cement-esque stuff.

In the meantime, his material's worn off enough that I'm able to force myelf free and I get back on the ground.

I almost can't believe it. I caught him. I caught a guy who isn't one of my regulars. A guy not even the Fantastic Four could catch! I caught him good! My mature reaction: "Yes! I got you! Who's da man, Trapster? Who's da man? I da man, that's what!"

Trapster just gives me a pair of evil eyes, and then his eyes widen to the size of dinner plates.

Uh oh.

Though my Spider-sense should be going off if something bad really was coming. My Spider-sense is like a alarm clock that never runs out of batteries, set to danger rather than to the time. So why wasn't it . . .

Oh wait. Whatever's coming is a bad thing for Trapster, but not for me.

I turn around, and I see a tall, African-American man with an eyepatch over his right eye staring at me.

"Oh! Uh . . hi there, dude. Do I know you from somewhere? You kinda look like this actor . . ."

The man raises an eyebrow.

"Or did I see you on the news and I'm mixing you up with someone else . . ."

He sighs. "Typical teenager. Never pays attention. I'm Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD."

Now I remember. Every superhero knows who these guys are, it's SHIELD's responsibility to keep us in line, and keep the free world secure in general. "Oh. Well, am I supposed to know who you are? I mean, SHIELD's supposed to be like 'super-secret' spy stuff."

Fury's eyebrow goes up again. It's becoming apparent that I'm coming off as a total idiot.

"I am a public figure, Spider-Man. I am the face that SHIELD presents to the public as well as the person who runs it. Just like the directors of the CIA and FBI."

"But not the NSA's leader guy. Nobody knows who he is," I say.

Fury's eyebrow not only raises, but twitches. "You're missing my point."

"I wasn't aware there was a point to-" As I'm trying to finish, I hear a crack behind me, and I turn to see that Trapster has gotten himself free at last.

"Hold on a second, bad guy getting-"

I'm interrupted again, this time by Nick Fury. "Wait."

He fires his weapon, which looks to be some kind of futuristic laser gun thing, into the road, sending a piece of the asphalt flying into the air. The asphalt piece bounces off the armored car and crashes right into Trapster's skull, and he's down in an instant.

"Okay, that was cool," I couldn't help but say.

"It's a specialty weapon, meant to break up the ground and create projectiles," Fury says. "Though if it was used on humans . . . the results would not be pleasant. It takes a lot of responsibility to wield this weapon as it was intended."

"With great power must also come great responsibility," I say, almost automatically. Uncle Ben's final words to me, before I foolishly stormed out that door, the night he died, still stays with me. I almost say those words reflexively at this point.

"Good words from a good man," Fury says.

That takes a moment to register. "Wait . . . what?"

"Your uncle was a good man, Peter Parker. I suspect he knew what was going on with you and he wanted to give you the best advice he could. It's advice that rings true for everyone in the world."

Fury's trying to dress up his statement as something else, but I'm not going to have any of it. The words "Peter Parker", my real name, are ringing in my head. "How do you know? How could you know?"

"I am the best at what I do," Fury says.

"You've been spying on me the whole time?"

"It is my responsibility to make sure the super-powered among us don't cause any more chaos! Look at what's happened to this street, 'Spider-Man'."

I look around. Trapster's goop is everywhere, in places I hadn't even noticed. Cars were destroyed, multiple storefronts were smashed, and even a lampost had buckled and fallen at the nearest intersection. It almost looks like a war zone.

Fury resumes. "You made multiple errors that could have shortened the fight and reduced the collateral damage. Is this how a responsible superhero would behave, or would he work harder to reduce the possibility of costly damage and human casualties?"

"You're missing the point! I caught him! The Fantastic Four have spent years trying to get this guy and I did and you're going to lecture me on responsibility? What gives you the right to tell me what to do? And who gives you the right to watch my every move?"

"Typical answer," Fury says. "But don't disregard me, Peter. You have the potential to be much greater than you are. You could be the 'Ultimate' Spider-Man."

"And you're saying you can bring me there." I was not asking a question. Right now, I didn't want to ask Fury anything. I just wanted to get out of here.

"I can. SHIELD's been working on an academy to help train young superpowered types such as yourself into becoming a true generation of heroes . . . heroes that can keep instances like this from being commonplace like they are now. We have multiple teams, and you have a spot reserved for you. You have a lot of responsibility to learn, Peter Parker, and I'm giving you the offer to learn it."

That's it. Creepiness factor has reached its max. Done now. "Thanks but no thanks. I'm not exactly a team player. I'm always the last kid picked anyway."

And with that, I aimed and fired my webbing at a building and took off.

I'm not going to be controlled. Nick Fury is going to need to work harder than that if he wants me.

A lot harder.
This is Norman Osborn:

A businessman who never apologizes. He has built his empire from the bottom-up through his ruthlessness and genius-level intelligence. His ingenuity has inspired many new weapons and biological advancements. His unmatched business skills makes him able to not only keep his company evolving, but allow it to stay unified.

His company, Oscorp, is his baby. It is like a child to him, more a child than his actual child, Harold Osborn. It is also more his wife than any of the three wives he has married and divorced. It has grown and matured along with Norman himself. However, just like Norman does not look like he is in his mid-forties, his company doesn't look like it's aging either. Norman is always out to improve himself, and his company does the same.

He is disappointed in the life of his real-life son. Harry isn't good enough. He isn't showing the passionate drive that Norman feels. Norman is afraid for the future of his company, for the time will come when he will have to step down, but his baby will live on without him, unless some idiot comes and kills it. That cannot be tolerated. If Harry turns out to be incompetent, Oscorp must be strong enough to survive such foolishness.

Norman Osborn is also an accomplished manipulator. That is how he has roped in his strangest new ally, former employee, and former foe, Dr. Otto Octavius. Octavius is almost more machine than man now, his grievous wounds suffered at the hands of a spandex-clad vigilante has left the good doctor in a pathetic physical state. But nothing is wrong with Octavius' mental state other than the psychotic dementia so many of Octavius' kind tend to have. And Osborn appreciates intelligence.

Osborn also appreciates secrets. No one knows what he is truly up to. He will tell a person one thing, and tell a different person another, and he could be lying or telling the truth in both cases. His agenda is known only to himself, and he is always ready to adjust it on the fly.

He won't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Norman Osborn sits, staring at the screen. "Fascinating. Nick Fury seems to be giving him a promotional pitch."

"Yes," says the perpetually-distant voice of Otto Octavius. "It looks like Parker has rejected it."

Norman Osborn created Spider-Man, and he is not sorry he did. His only regret is that he has yet to get control over the spandex-clad joker, but he knows he will have his chance soon.

"That's perfect. I prefer Spider-Man the way he is," Norman says. "Self-absorbed. Rebellious. Rogue."

"Moldable," Octavius adds.

"Exactly," Norman says. "I have a big contract coming up soon and this child will provide the basis for fulfilling that contract. People want an army of Captain Americas. I can do them one better. I can give them an army of Spider-Men, gifted in more ways that Captain America ever could be, with none of Spider-Man's regrettable attitude."

He smiles, just a little. "It's marvelous how the world adjusts to all of the changes its been through. But this change will be more difficult to make than most, I'm afraid."

He looks at the screen, at the odd, vaguely eerie goggles Octavius likes to wear. "Contact our liaison. Tell him to deploy the other members. It's time we took possession of what is ours."

"Perfect, Mr. Osborn. It is being done," Octavius says.

"And it will finish successfully," Norman says, almost to himself. Too bad, Parker. You don't belong to yourself. You belong to others . . . you belong to me. And that is how things are going to be.
This is just great. Nick Fury knows all about me. He knows my family. He knows who I am and why I am doing this. I bet he knows everyone else in my life too. He's probably got a camera in the school or something watching my every move.

Not to mention he knows all the way back to Uncle Ben. He heard Uncle Ben talk to me. Either that or he's making an assumption of some kind after watching me for a long time. I don't know which scenario is creepier, all I know is that I don't like it.

I wonder if he knows about any of the friends and family I have. Gwen Stacy? Probably, she hangs out with me all the time. Aunt May? Without a doubt.

"Hey, puny Parker!"

Somehow, I doubt he keeps tabs on Flash Thompson.

"Flash, not in the mood right now," I say. "Go bother someone else, like that Wilkins kid behind you."

"You're not dragging me into this!" the Wilkins kid yells, and he takes off in the opposite direction down the hall.

"He's not my problem today. You are, puny Parker. You got something that belongs to me."

"Oh yeah? What?"

"My entertainment." Flash says with a grin.

Suddenly, I see a feminine hand rise behind him and tap him on the shoulder. Flash's confident faces immediately falls. "Oh no, she snuck up behind me again, didn't she?"

"Yes," says a confident, slightly husky female voice that in spite its mature qualities is still the voice of a teenage girl. "Now, which kind of punishment should you get today, Eugene?"

"Saying my real name's enough," Flash says, a sheepish grin crossing his face. He was clearly still too unnerved to turn around.

"You have no idea how out of your league you are," the girl says as she emerges from behind Flash and stands in front of me. "For the last time, leave Peter alone. He's tolerated your idiocy long enough."

Flash just shakes his head ad backs away quickly. "Whatever! Just don't stuff my head into a locker again, okay? I've been traumatized for life enough times!"

"Because I stopped you before you did anything, you get off easy. Now go do something not-stupid with your time," the girl says.

Flash turns around, mouthing her words mockingly, but she doesn't react and just let him go. Finally, she turns around and looks at me, and gives me a confident yet gentle smile. "Hi, Peter."

Gwendolyn Stacy. Star athlete and martial artist. Her blonde hair has been in a near-pageboy cut for as long as I can remember. A solid "B" student. Not the most book-smart, I have tutored her in math and math-related subjects for forever, but she tries hard. She's a few months older than me and has kinda fashioned herself as a bodyguard even though it's something I've never wanted. But she is my best friend, at times my only friend. I can't think of her as anything but the closest friend I could ever ask for.

I can tell her anything. Other than I'm Spider-Man anyway. I'm not ready to tell her that. Nor anyone, though Nick Fury still figured it out. But that's okay. No one else knows, I think.

I hope.

"You would think one of these days he'll quit," I say.

"He's not after you. He's after me. That stuffing-his-head-into-his-locker thing got me suspended last year," Gwen says, her smile fading and her blue eyes looking away. "But that embarrassed him bad. He's trying to egg me into doing something stupid or violent again but his pride stops him before that can happen."

That incident had been right before my spider bite, days. Flash was really out to get me at the start of the school year, which had started three weeks earlier than usual due to entire weeks being cancelled the previous year thanks to Magneto going on a rampage. Gwen finally snapped, took Flash's face, and wedged it into his tiny little locker, and he couldn't get out. The only reason Gwen hadn't been expelled for that was because she had been protecting me.

"Well, that and he's probably afraid of you too," I said.

"Probably," Gwen says, the smile returning. "Anyway, we need to get to class. I've heard the Algebra II teacher is a former drill sergeant. Best not to make him angry."

"Or what, he'll turn into the Hulk?"

"No, but he'll make you drop and give him twenty," Gwen says. "Maybe. I dunno if the school would allow him to do that."

"I'd rather not find out. Let's go."

"Probably a good idea."
Today's only a half-day. By noon, we were all done, but a lot of us gathered in the cafeteria anyway like it was a normal day because they were serving all kinds of party food that's high on calories and low on nutrients. The staff of life.

Gwen being Gwen, she hardly touches any of it other than maybe a slice of pizza to be polite. She looks at her skinny cheese pizza slice with near-disdain. Like her father, Gwen doesn't have a good sense of taste. For example, asparagus has an absolutely wonderful flavor to her, especially when raw. To top it all off she's an absolute health food fanatic.

"I wish this had peppers and onions on it at least."

"Order out," I reply.

"I'm not touching anything in those grease pits!"

"Then stop whining. They're at least being nice to us today. Tomorrow begins the slop."

"Tomorrow begins the 'I'm bringing my own lunches'," Gwen says, and she nibbles on her pizza slice.

"Tomorrow also begins tutoring sessions," a new voice says from behind me.

Harry Osborn. Rich and popular, wanting to talk to me. And next to him: Mary Jane Watson, who many consider to be the most beautiful sophomore in the school. Every boy's dream girl, really. Even I have fantasies of dating her though I don't think I'll ever do it. They match up pretty well together, both having red hair though Mary Jane's is straight and Harry is more close-cropped.

Harry's smart. Really smart. But I've seen how his father treats him. Harry's book-smart and a great writer, but that's not what his father is looking for.

Mary Jane seems to be more superficial, but sometimes I get the sense she's more than that. She has to be in order for Harry to stick around her. Harry isn't the type who likes shallow people.

"Already?" I ask.

"Any reason why you're sitting down here?" Gwen asks.

Harry thinks for a second. "Well . . . Peter here had the best grade in math last year, and Mary Jane needs help with that subject. I'm already helping her with the English and writing stuff, but I can't do math to save my life. So I was going to ask Peter here to give Mary Jane some help."

Me. Helping Mary Jane. A couple of hours alone with her. Must suppress fantasies. Suppress them now.

"Yeah, of course!" I say.

"You will?" Gwen sounds shocked.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Wait, you too aren't together?" Harry asks. Now he sounds shocked.

"She's my best friend," I say.

"Uh, yeah. That's how it is." Gwen sounds just a little funny to me for some reason but Harry talks again before I can think further about that.

"Oh. Okay then, then there's no complications or anything going on. Thanks a lot, Peter," Harry says.

"Yeah, thanks!" Mary Jane says, giving me one of her more dazzling smiles. "Looking forward to it, tiger."

"Tiger". She's calling me "tiger". I don't know why but I like being called that by her.

Gwen sighs. "Typical Peter."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Typical Peter means typical Peter."

I'm supposed to be the witty one, Gwen. Stop trying to muscle in on my territory.

As I'm on the verge of coming up with a comeback, suddenly a painful, tingling sensation goes off in my head. It's my Spider-Sense. Right now. As I'm sitting here.

Why? Why is my Spider-Sense going off here, of all places? Aren't I supposed to be safe in school? Not even Flash sets off my Spider-Sense the way it's going off right now. So then-

An explosion in the wall to my left. I turn and I see a huge gaping hole to the outside where brick used to be. Instantly, students scream and run away from the hole in a panic, and then I see them.

Trapster's buddies in the Frightful Four.

Wizard, a technological genius and the mastermind of the team. He has robotic instruments that can do a lot of fighting for him. He likes wearing purple armor a lot for some reason, even though anyone with a sane fashion sense would probably find his taste tacky.

Then there's Klaw, who's basically living sound. In order for him to keep a stable, human shape, he needs to be inside a robotic shell like the one he's using right now. He looks almost like a smaller Sentinel in design, which doesn't surprise me. Sentinels are used a lot because they've been effective.

Then there's Thundra. Basically a warrior Amazon from an alternate dimension. Very complicated, will make your head asplode. And yes, I had to say "asplode". Normal words, you know, the ones they keep in dictonaries, fail to describe the general weirdness of my reality. Still, she's kinda hot though, with a long mane of red hair that rivals even Mary Jane's shiny, well-cared-for locks.

And they're all here. And considering my Spider-Sense is still blaring, they're probably here for me.

Wizard is holding the principal of the school in his hand. "Attention, children! Your principal has an announcement to make!"

The principal, a balding man in his early fifties, looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his sockets. "Uh, yes! Students, the school is now under control of the Frightful Four!"

"Thank you," Wizard says.

"Please don't hurt me," the principal begs.

"No," Wizard says and chucks the principal across the room until he slams into the wall so hard he leaves a crater in it, before he slowly peels off the wall and goes splat behind the table. Not that I'm surprised. How often do supervillains keep their promises?

Thundra steps forward. "We are looking for the one called Spider-man. We know he attends this school. He must surrender himself at once."

"What do we do?" Mary Jane asks as she backs away a couple of steps.

That's something I wish I knew, Mary Jane. I really wish I did.
Wizard's com was trying to turn on much earlier than Norman had anticipated. What was going on? The Frightful Four worked quickly but they shouldn't have been able to capture Spider-Man this fast, could they? Unless Norman had underestimated their abilities, of course. But that was something Norman wouldn't regret either. He had the money to spare.

He turned on Wizard's videophone. "Yes, Wizard? I trust you bring news?"

"We have pinpointed Spider-Man's location. He's somewhere in this dining hall in Midtown High. We're in the process of smoking him out."

Usually, Norman would be pleased about such an update. But not this one. Already, he was having visions of his precious baby being taken from him. What Wizard and the other members of the Frightful Four had done was something far more asinine than he had anticipated.

"You idiots! That's a public high school! I wanted this to stay below the radar!"

Wizard looks positively taken aback, like this had never occurred to him. For a supposed technological "genius", he wasn't very samrt. In fact, Norman was strongly considering that Wizard was the dumbest "smart" person he had ever had the misfortune to deal with. "But Mr.-"

"Don't utter my name aloud! If my name is connected to this, it could bring my company down! My reputation! Everything!"

"Oh . . . right."

Even through the tinnier video console speakers he could hear the kids whimper and scream, and Thundra yelling something likely stupid and threatening. But Norman knew that he couldn't regret what had just happened. The past was impossible to change. He could only move forward and make something beneficial out of this travesty. That was the other strength of Oscorp besides its ruthlessness and ingeunity.

"Just find him and bring him to the location specified," Norman says, barely keeping his voice from becoming a growl.

"Yes, Mr.-I mean, sir."

Norman killed the connection then, and folded his hands and stared into space for a moment. Here was the defining moment. Parker belongs to him. He is everything that Harry has not been and more.

Wait,, Norman thinks. Harry attends Midtown High as well.

He thinks about that prospect for a while. One thing that doesn't occur to Norman is that why hasn't he realized that real fact until now.

Huh.

Okay, bad situation. Very bad. They know that I'm here, and they'll tear apart this whole school in order to find me.

There's only one solution. I need to get out of here, and then give these guys exactly what they are looking for: Spider-Man. But I've never faced these guys down before anyway. Wizard looks like someone beatable, he can defy gravity thanks to his technology and has some armor but he's almost normal. Thundra has the super-strength and near-invulnerability thing going on, and she's a trained fighter. Much more difficult. I have no idea how I'm going to faze Klaw. It's not like normal things will work on him. He's living sound encased in a machine.

Wizard seems to be the ringleader though. If I can take him out first, that will make Thundra and Klaw far less organized and disciplined. Then I might be able to do something.

All right, Wizard first. But first I need to get out of sight.

Thundra's marching around, basically being an intimidating muscle-woman. It's only a matter of time before she gets to us.

"What do we do?" Mary Jane asks again. "We need to get out of here," Harry says.

"Stop speaking the obvious," I say. "We need to come up with something. We're lucky Thundra isn't hurting anyone yet."

"You know who she is?" Harry asks, incredulous.

"I pay attention to the Fantastic Four. She's one of their people," I say quickly. It's not exactly outlandish. The Fantastic Four's exploits are among the most public of all superheroes.

"Never thought of you as a Fantastic Four geek," Mary Jane says.

"Peter surprises you in a lot of ways," Gwen says. "Now listen. I'm going to cause a distraction. Help everyone get out of here."

This is so beyond typical Gwen that I want to shake her silly. "Gwen, all three of those guys can-"

"I'm going right now. Do what you need to do," Gwen says and she immediately marches forward, towars Thundra.

"Oh wow she's brave," Mary Jane says.

"That's why we need to work on getting out of here," Harry says. "C'mon, Peter."

"R-Right", I say, but I'm not exactly looking for a way out. I'm looking for something semi-private so I can quickly suit up. Within thirty seconds, Gwen is going to be in serious trouble. I can't let her get hurt. She's going above and beyond for not only me, but for everyone else in this school, people she hardly knows or doesn't know at all, without a single superpower.

"Hey!" Gwen yells as she approaches Thundra. "Whatever you're looking for, it's not here!"

"Now," Harry hisses, and he pulls Mary Jane with him. I turn and follow slowly, before I see a post in a corner that looks promising.

The crowd's slowly beginning to realize that what Gwen is doing is buying them time. They're already splintering apart while the Trapster-less Frightful Four's eyes are arrayed on Gwen.

Thundra just laughs. "You're not what I'm looking for. I doubt Spider-Man's secret identity would be a girl."

"A girl would be the last person you'd expect, though, wouldn't it?" Gwen says, but her voice is already trembling despite her defiant words. She's terrified.

Wizard sighs. "Thundra, don't let her games distract you. The kids are already trying to move away."

That triggers something in Gwen. "Everyone, run!"

She rushes Thundra, attempting some kind of karate move on her, but Thundra catches Gwen's leg and then dangles Gwen upside down. Just like that, a black belt is disabled, just on account of Thundra having superpowers in addition to her own fighting skills.

It's not fair.

And Gwen is going to get seriously hurt if I don't suit up and save her now!

The crowd's panicking and breaking for the doors. No one's paying attention to me. Now or never. I openly use my agility, leaping to the wall and then to the lampost, and tear off my clothes as fast as I can, revealing my costume underneath.

Thundra laughs again. "You would try to stop me? You're not even worth hitting!"

I turn from beyond the post, and Thundra flicks Gwen with her finger, and that's enough to knock Gwen several feet away, where she crashes onto a table and falls behind it.

"Ha ha!" Flash Thompson cries from somewhere, imitating a famous TV character.

Thundra growls and picks up a nearby table, and even from here I can see Flash's panicky face. "Wait! Wait! Don't hurt me!"

"No one mocks women except me," Thundra growls, and chucks the table at him.

Of course. I can't save Gwen, but I must save Flash.

I aim my webshooter at the table and web the table right before it can connect with Flash's face. Stopping the momentum makes my arms feel like they're going to be pulled out of my sockets, but that doesn't matter. With both hands, I pull the table right back towards Thundra, and she's clearly caught off guard because she can't get out of the way in time. The table slams right into her and knocks her down.

My arms already feel exhausted, and I've barely started. But there's no choice. This is my responsibility. I need to protect these people, do for them what I couldn't do for Uncle Ben.

I pull on my mask. It's time.

"Spider-Man's here!" Wizard yells.

"Hey, real man of genius here!" I shout as I web the ceiling and swng right for Wizard.

Wizard's eyes were hidden behind a dark visor but I imagine they widened about as Flash Thompson's had just moments ago. I kick Wizard in the stomach and send him flying into the wall.

"You!" Thundra growls as she gets up, her face covered in Midtown High slop.

"You're already regressing back to caveman talk? Cool! Fastest time yet!" I can't help myself, I shoot my mouth off a lot when I'm fighting. I know these guys can hurt me and will hurt me, and they're different than my usual bad guys. It's terrifying, and the rush makes me say things I normally wouldn't say.

Thundra just growls unintelligibly and rushes me.

I web her in the mouth, and Thundra's battle cry becomes a muffled "Glarg!" as she struggles to get it off of her.

"Hope that's not toxic," I say.

"Your insolence will not be tolerated!" Wizard yells from the far side wall.

"When is insolence ever tolerated?" I ask in turn.

"Silence!" Wizard then uses his anti-gravity devices to bring several tables into the air, ready to chuck them at me.

Time for improvisation.

I web the still-struggling Thundra at her feet and throw her right at Wizard, crashing into the tables and causing general disarray. I break into a sprint, and jump onto a post and jump right at Wizard and clock him in the face. Wizard crashes into the same crater he had made into the wall, making it deeper.

Not bad. But I have the feeling I'm missing something.

I hear metallic footsteps behind me, and I spin around to see Klaw aiming his hands right at me, nozzles ready to open to unleash pure sound.

Oh, this is gonna hurt.

Klaw strikes, and instantly makes my outsides feel like my insides as I crash right into Wizard and we break through the crater and land in a school hallway.

All right, head pounding, stomach feeling upside down, there's ringing in my ears, and my Spider-Sense going haywire. Lovely combination.

As I struggle to my feet, I see Thundra smash through the wall and stand right in front of me.

"Did you have to make a new hole? There's a perfectly good hole right here! Think of the kids!"

Thundra responds by grabbing me by the neck.

"Or just think about killing me," I manage.

Thundra forces herself to talk despite some webbing remnants remaining in her mouth. "I do not tolerate embarrassment."

"You guys don't tolerate this, don't tolerate that. I bet you guys don't even tolerate each other."

Thundra just growls and her grip gets tighter, and now I can't breathe at all.

Dying sucks.
Flash Thompson, meanwhile, is trying to sneak out of the destroyed cafeteria. He has no idea what's going on other than bad guys wrecking the school to catch Spider-Man, who showed up seemingly out of nowhere. And, frankly, he doesn't need to know anything more. He already had a table chucked at him, saved only by the webslinger's intervention.

There aren't any other kids left, they took off when the fighting started. Though there is a giant robot type who makes a lot of loud noises out of his hands. Flash saw Spider-Man get blasted. It hurt just to watch. He's in no mood to be on the receiving end.

But as he sneaks, he feels a hand tap his shoulder and he nearly screams in terror, only for a hand to come around his mouth. A very familiar hand.

Oh come on.

The most terrifying girl Flash has ever met begins whispering to him. "Spider-Man's in serious trouble. We need to help somehow."

"They've got a table-throwing guy, a muscle-woman, and a giant robot! What're we supposed to do besides run?" Flash asks.

"You don't understand. They're going to kill him," Gwen says, her voice eerily calm despite her dark words.

"Yeah, that's lovely and all. Now let me sneak out of here before giant killer robot dude sees me," Flash says.

"You're wearing a Spider-Man T-shirt and you're gonna let him die."

Great. Now to uphold his pride, Flash realizes he must now be stupid. "You're really gonna play that card?"

Unsurprisingly, Gwen says "Yes."

Flash facepalms. But his fear of the girl, and his pride, outweigh his sense of self-preservation. Flash isn't sure this is a good thing.

"Okay, what do you want to do?"
"I am a proud warrior. You will not mock me, insect."

Dear, Thundra, I get it. I won't even correct you for mistakenly calling spiders "insects" like all the other bad guys out there. Please stop choking me now. Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

The world's getting blurry now. I get the feeling she's drawing this out, or, perhaps, she's just trying to make me fall unconscious. That she doesn't want to kill me, just capture me. That thought doesn't make me feel any better than me dying thanks to her.

At least the ringing in my ears has gone away, though now all I can hear is my lovely choking noises, and Thundra lecturing me over trivial things as she slowly kills me.

I hear Wizard, of all people, suggest a stay of my execution. "Our benefactor requested him alive, Thundra. Or did you forget this fact yet again?"

The "yet again" part scares me. I admit it.

Thundra sighs. "Oh all right, I'll-"

"Now, Flash!" Wait, is that Gwen?

"Goodbye, beautiful world!" That's definitely Flash.

I hear them both yell out as they rush Thundra from down the hall. I can't believe they're going to do that. Especially Gwen.

"What the-" Thundra takes her eyes off me for just a second, and an idea makes it into my oxygen-starved brain.

Instead of trying to break free of her grip, I aim my hands right at her face and open fire with all the webbing I have left.

"GARGH!" Thundra lets go of me to grab herself, and then both Gwen and Flash barrel into her, sending all three of them to the ground in a twisted heap.

Air. Air feels good. Air tastes good. I love you, air. Don't ever leave me again.

"Stupid children!" Wizard's peeling lockers off the wall, aiming right at Flash and Gwen. I don't think he cares if he hits Thundra too.

While it's nice to breathe, I think I'll have to enjoy that privilege later. I can't let him hurt Gwen. Flash . . . okay, I can't let him hurt Flash either. That'll just be a load on my conscience, never mind Flash being . . . well, Flash.

I get to my feet and slide on the slick hallway floors behind Wizard as he is about to let Gwen, Flash, and Thundra have it. I try to shoot with my right hand but it's out completely. My left, however, still has some webbing left. It'll have to do.

I grab Wizard from the back with the webbing, and before he can even react in surprise I throw him and send him bouncing down the hall.

"Schooled." Yes, I said it. I have quippage privileges, you know. Even lame, pun-filled quippage. ow, to reload my right webshooter, and check up on Gwen and Flash. Maybe if I'm lucky Thundra hasn't broken every bone in their bodies.

"I am never, ever, ever doing this again," Flash says as he untangles himself.

"Let's just get away before she gets the webbing off her head. I don't think she's gonna be happy about this," Gwen says.

Metallic footsteps. Uh oh.

I remember just in time to deepen my voice a little before I yell out. "You guys got bigger problems!"

Flash turns around. "Meep."

It's Klaw, and he's aiming right at Flash and Gwen. And Thundra too. Wow, these guys really don't care about her, do they?

I've just finished reloading my right webshooter, and just in time. I spray both webs, one for each normal civilian student, and they cry out as I pull them towards me.

Klaw unleashes his sound torrent but he only hits air and the hallway tiles, blasting them both. Underneath the webbing, Thundra screams in pain as she's hit too and blown down the hall. As I catch both Flash and Gwen, Thundra's coming right at me, but I step aside and let her go crashing down the hall . . . actually, right into Wizard as he sits up.

They're gonna feel that in the morning.

"Spider-Man!" Gwen yells.

I turn, and see Klaw aiming at me now. Oh boy.

I turn to my left. Principal's office. It'll have to do. Carrying a girly-screaming Flash over my left shoulder and a more silent Gwen on my right, I charge towards the door and kicked it down, making it inside just as Klaw takes another shot at me.

No time to think about anything else. I need to get them out of this building, and then figure out a way to stop all three of them for good. At leasst without Trapster, they don't have any surprises planned for me beyond what they already have.

I run up to the window and kick it apart, sending shards of glass out into the bushes. Thankfully, this is a first-floor room, so it's easy to make it outside, gingerly step around the glass, and run to the nearest sidewalk and set both Flash and Gwen down.

"Can I run now?" Flash asks, looking so panicked he had come full circle.

"Yes," I say.

Flash runs off making noises not unlike Curly from the Three Stooges. Appropriate. Still, it was nice of him actually helping me for once.

"You all right?" Gwen asks me.

"Uh, I'm fine. Got superhero stuff to do, get out of the area," I say, as quickly as possible so Gwen won't realize that this is Peter Parker doing a pathetic imitation of a 25-year-old.

I swing right back into the building, expecting Klaw to be waiting for me. But he's not. As I run into the hallway, Klaw isn't around, and neither are his teammates. They vanished.

It was three-on-one. Why'd they run away?

I hear police sirens then, and all of a sudden the answer's obvious. They didn't want to deal with the police.

And neither does Spider-Man. Too many cops buy into the "Spider-Man is a menace" talk.

Time to find my clothes and an inconspicuous place to pop out from. And then hope this never happens again.
Thundra is angry. "A few more minutes, Wizard. A few more minutes."

"We aren't being paid to deal with the cops," Wizard says as they take shelter in the alley, Klaw, undamaged, being the lookout.

"We could've crushed the cops," Thundra says.

Wizard is getting annoyed with Thundra's knee-jerk responses. All she ever responds to is more violence. Especially lately. It's like she doesn't care if they get caught.

"And then we'd have a ton of superheroes breathing down our necks, and not just the kid," Wizard says. He turns on his tracking device.

"Trapster's tracker is still on the boy. We'll be able to ambush him in a far more vulnerable spot soon enough. Let's just lay low for a few hours, and then we'll strike. He won't expect us to come after him again on the same day."

Thundra smiles. "I like this plan. I like it a lot."

Klaw just makes a metallic noise. Thundra frowns. "For a man made of sound, he's not very talkative."

A metallic noise that sounds vaguely irked in response. Wizard sighs. He hopes that some asinine, surreal argument isn't about to begin. He needs the peace and quiet to plan out the ideal ambush . . .

Life goes on. Even after something like the attack at the school. Life has to go on.

Midtown High is going to be closed for the rest of the week. Not only does the school need to be repaired, but they need to find a new principal, as the current one quit effectively one hour after the attack.

But the school will re-open, and we're not even top of the hour news. The big story right now is Dr. Doom terroizing Europe by threatening to occupy the Czech Republic unless he got certain "concessions". One of which was international soverignity rights, so Dr. Doom can have diplomatic immunity. Pretty serious stuff.

It's not a normal reality anymore. Hasn't been for a decade, when mutants' existence were revealed, causing the public formation of the X-Men. Ever since then, superheroes have been crawling out of the woodwork, including yours truly. Has the world finally gotten used to them, used to me? Aunt May told me that before superheroes and supervillains that a school attack would be dominating 24/7 news coverage right now, instead of being a footnote. That's scary.

I barely got home in time to get dressed and be driven out to Uncle Ben's grave. It's not a fancy ritual or anything, but Aunt May did want to spend a few minutes here with Ben and leave him some flowers.

I still don't know the name of the man who shot Uncle Ben. All I know is that he threatened to "massacre" the police force as he was apprehended. He was just a completely-insane lowlife, yelling about money and hate and everything else. I could've stopped him before he shot Uncle Ben and I didn't, I was too obsessed with my own issues that I never thought to do what was right even if it inconvenienced me. I have to take responibility for not only what I do but what I fail to do.

But is this what Uncle Ben would have wanted? Am I making him proud, or am I disappointing him? There's no way for me to know. I hope he's proud of me.

Aunt May gets up and walks over to me. She isn't wearing black today, but her clothes are still formal, and seem to lack the energetic colors she prefers to don. "Peter, is something wrong? You haven't said a word since we came here."

"I was just thinking, that's all," I say. I look up at the sky for a moment, it's clouding over. It's going to rain soon. Fitting.

May looks away. "I know you weren't there when it happened, Peter. I'm glad you weren't. What happened that day was horrific, and I'm afraid that if you were there you could've been killed too . . . or instead."

May still doesn't understand, and I hope she never will. But it's hard to talk to her about this without hinting about Spider-Man.

"Still. It's not right. It's not fair. I could've stopped him," I say.

May shakes her head. "Don't say that. There's no way you or anyone else could've gotten the jump on him, Peter. He broke in through the basement, and there's no way to get behind him from there."

"That's not it," I say.

May raises an eyebrow. "Peter, what's wrong?"

"A lot is. He was amazing. He didn't deserve to-"

Spider-Sense tingling. Here. Right now.

Why? Why is it going off? Who's coming?

Suddenly, I hear an all-too-familiar torrent of sound coming right at me, and I turn to see the ground erupting right in front of me.

"Aunt May-"

I can't finish. Not in time. The ground launches both of us into the air and I crash by a tree on the edge of the cemetary. Unlike the last time Klaw got me, this isn't a direct hit. I don't feel as woozy or hear the ringing. Before the dust can settle, I duck and hide in the bushes. I need to get into costume, and save Aunt May.

I hear Wizard's unmistakable voice. "I can't believe it. Spider-Man is just a kid!"

Thundra. "I don't see him."

Wizard growls. "Of course he turns and runs like a coward. He must need his colorful spandex to feel brave."

I almost come out and fight them right then and there. But Klaw already has Aunt May, who is apparently unconscious. If I intervene now, they'll just threaten to kill her if I give up.

Wizard turns to Klaw. "Blast every part of this cemetary down if you-"

Thundra, surprisingly, speaks up. "Have respect for the departed, Wizard. We know that Spider-Man is hiding nearby. Let's take the woman to a more private site. Where we can settle things on our own terms without the possibility of outside interference."

They're gonna leave. They're gonna leave and make Aunt May a hostage. I can't let them do that.

Still, how did they find me? How do they know I'm Spider-Man? How . . .

Suddenly, the realization hits me. I check the area where Trapster had glued me to the brick wall this morning. I feel something small, something metallic. It's so difficult to pull off my costume I tear a piece of fabric in order to get it off and look at it.

An obvious tracking device, shaped to be nearly impossible to feel and almost as difficult to get off. They've been tracking me all along.

I break the device in my hands. I blew it again. It should've occurred to me at the school that something strange was going on. But it hadn't.

Fury's right. I have a lot to learn about responsibility.

They want a more private site? They can have it. I'll follow them the whole way, I'll use their own tactic against them. Spider-Tracers are expensive to make and it's difficult to find the parts, and I only have two of them total. But Aunt May is worth more than anything else in the world.

I remove the web cartridge in my right hand and load the tracer instead. I sneak through the bushes to find the best target. The obvious choice is Klaw. He's in a metal exoskeleton, probably can't feel a thing. My tracer isn't as refined as Trapster's, if I hit Thundra or Wizard they'll probably notice.

I'll hit Klaw on his Achilles heel. The least obvious spot for one of these things.

Without hesitation, I aim and fire . . . and then Thundra steps in front of Klaw.

Instead of hitting Klaw's heel, I hit Thundra's.

I barely withhold a gasp and duck behind the nearest tree, waiting for Thundra's wrath. I even close my eyes, this is gonna suck, this is gonna hurt . . .

Nothing.

Thundra, miraculously, hasn't noticed. Her voice is calm. "We should leave as soon as possible. We need to speak to our liaison regardless. This whole assignment's been far more trouble than we imagined."

"I agree," Wizard says. "Klaw, let's go. Follow me."

And they all leave, just like that, taking Aunt May with them.

Now, I just need to follow.

It's getting dark, and overcast. Perfect.

I just hope that they don't hurt Aunt May before I hurt them first.
I usually love swinging through the skygraspers, it's like a roller coaster ride with me at the controls, and I can change how intense the ride gets at will. But not tonight. Not this night.

I built an app into my old smartphone that's basically a modified GPS. I can track Thundra wherever she goes as long as she holds onto that tracer. Hopefully, no one will notice it. Not before I get there.

And even if they do notice, they know I'll be coming anyway. Just sooner than they thought. Which is fine with me. It'll be nice to make them worry about an attack for a change, instead of me. They can be the ones caught off guard.

It occurs to me as I dart between the buildings that this is it. Aunt May is going to know. There's no way I'll be able to disguise myself from her. She's going to know everything and I'll have to stop being Spider-Man because there's no way she'll let me do this anymore. Not to mention that I've been lying to her this whole time about what I've been doing. She won't appreciate that at all.

The reason why I didn't tell her anything was to protect her. But obviously that doesn't mean anything anymore. Maybe I should've told her from the start. Maybe she'll have been more understanding. Maybe she would've let me do it.

But now? No. This is the last night that the oh-so-amazing Spider-Man will be out. But I'll make this one memorable.

And then I'm going to take responsibility for my actions and my mistakes and pay whatever price there is.

They've brought Aunt May into stockyard, and I track her down to a warehouse that fittingly doesn't look like it's used all that much. Well, other than the hired goons they have patrolling around the warehouse . . . and, as I notice, beyond. It's going to be difficult to be able to neutralize them all by myself without them catching on.

Maybe I can try to skip them and just deal with the supervillains head on? No. I can already picture the goon army coming in and, well, disaster. Unfortunately, being bulletproof is not one of my superpowers.

I wish this was a video game where the goons would conveniently forget about you after a certain distance.

Well . . . I should probably wipe out the roving patrols first. Then, after I take out enough of them, do something about the guards standing still. Once they're done, there's a ventilation system on top of the warehouse. I'll sneak in through there, take Wizard out right away, then neutralize Thundra. I have no clue what I'll be able to do to Klaw. Killer robot firing sound everywhere. Likely can't feel pain, and punching metal is counter-productive.

I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Click.

Or maybe not.

A female voice, she doesn't sound much older than me. "If we were the bad guys, you'd be dead right now."

I slowly turn around. "If you were the bad guys my Spider-Sense would've gone off."

She's a girl wearing a very peculiar coat that covers her figure, and she's wearing goggles that obscure her eyes, and have an odd golden glow. Her hair is casual and somewhat short, and, I'm taking a guess, a redhead. Her weapon that went click is a gun that looks even more peculiar than her coat, the gun is right out of steampunk-land.

Surrounding her were two guys and another girl, all wearing their own peculiar outfits. It takes me a second to realize they were teenage superheroes like me.

"Uh . . . who are you guys?"

The girl smiles knowingly. "They are my teammates and I'm their leader, Spider-Man."

The realization hits full force. "You're with Nick Fury?"

"Yup, guilty as charged. Consider this an audition, both for us and for you."

Um . . . to be continued.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, chapter one is FINALLY finished. So what do you think so far?

And yes, J. Jonah Jameson is a parody of Bill O'Reilly, but he's also a parody of Keith Olbermann. I kinda took segments from both shows to create a perfect amalgam storm of ranting commentator parody.

keep this up. so far you're doing a better job than usm's paid script writers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"