Do we X-Men fans deserve one really good fanfilm?

Be Snikt-Happy

Im changing Daken
Reaction score
Most successful comic books get at one really great fan film. It's amazing how some directors rise to the challenge and bring honor to their favorite fan film.

Unless Im not informed, I dont think there is an awesome X-Men fan film that stands out from the rest. There are some really good ones, but nothing I'd consider great. And it is hard for fans to make the films. So many things go into than meets the eye. Money is a huge thing about it. I wanted to make an X-fanfilm, but I want to do it good. And thatll require much more than I thought.

Are there any X-Men fanfilms that really break the mold? I've seen most of them and I'm suprised that with all the X-men films theres no big one that really shows the love.

I think you could do one that had little to no action more of a diatribe before a mission or life as a mutant.

Well not all films about superhero were picked because they'd make a great drama blockbuster film. I think action is important. And since Im studying to be an action director and love fight choreography myself, I would definitely do one action based.

But that doesnt mean others couldnt do a story-driven X Man fanfilm.

ill take on the challenge, but i will need some financial help. money for me is tight right now.

There were going to be a few that looked interesting, as was listed on fanfilms.net, but they all dropped off the face of the planet.

Don't know what happened.

Well, I think unless you have a budget and/or are clever enough to do the action properly you should stay away from it. Concentrate on a character driven, drama piece. Superhero fights (even one's that don't really feature much in the way of superpowers) are hard to pull off without at least some cash and choreography skill, at the least.

A good script only requires imagination and some pen and paper. Filming it wouldn't be terribly taxing either. Acting would be the primary concern. I believe a good fan film can be done of anything, if you work realistically with what you have and play to the strengths of both your resources and the characters and world you're trying to portray. Dead End is probably the best 'fan' comic book film I've seen, and most of it's budget went into paying people involved and those predator/alien costumes (If memory serves me right, correct me if I'm wrong.)

It can be done. Star Wars is a perfect example. I've seen a lot of very good fan films that don't look like they cost a small fortune to make. Just a lot of heart, imagination, and little skill for good measure.

There were going to be a few that looked interesting, as was listed on fanfilms.net, but they all dropped off the face of the planet.

Don't know what happened.

yeah i hate that. i wont ever release the trailer until the actual thing is done. it would be sad to have a piece of work.... that just ended up as one of those empty dreams that never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"