Do you have a second guest computer at home?

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I am curious do you guys have a personal computer which you are agressively nasty as far as security on? And do you have another computer that less technical people use?

Microsoft has released a new product called SteadyState

This looks to be a good product to use on computer run by numerous people. Especially in a group environment. This looks like a great product to keep the entire C: locked down...rootkits, worms, and things like that have a hard time making ANY change to this C drive.

I myself and going to test using this on a "guest machine" so when someone comes to visit can use it, and see how it works and what they cant do.

I have a spare Mac that I keep running in case a guest wants to use it. The great thing about OS X is that it comes with all the tools I need to secure it down to a bare bones internet machine that they can't muck with very much. :up:

jag

I have a spare Mac that I keep running in case a guest wants to use it. The great thing about OS X is that it comes with all the tools I need to secure it down to a bare bones internet machine that they can't muck with very much. :up:

jag

Thats cool....

I have my downstairs PC, and my Laptop. I don't like using the laptop for the internet, I use it for writing and editing(I'm a filmmaker). I have virus protectioon on it, but I still prefer to leave it detached from the internet entirely, which is wireless btw(if that is important to your question)

I have my downstairs PC, and my Laptop. I don't like using the laptop for the internet, I use it for writing and editing(I'm a filmmaker). I have virus protectioon on it, but I still prefer to leave it detached from the internet entirely, which is wireless btw(if that is important to your question)

This second PC...that other people use, do you have it setup any more secure than your main pc?

This second PC...that other people use, do you have it setup any more secure than your main pc?

The main PC is more designed for general use. The Laptop is the more personal one.

I have my laptop, I did another laptop up for the wife and we have a desktop that is basically a file server for both laptops. I very rarely let anyone on my computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"